Well after playing with every leak of 10.1 since the first leak leaked, I've gone back to 10.0.9.422 today.

With every version of 10.1 used, my push email on my corporate EAS account did not work. With push set to "on" I would get email once every 18-24 hours. Completely random, and the one email delivery would dump all emails (i.e., I didn't lose any email, all was delivered in a batch).

I then set push to "off" and played with the sync intervals. Same results with all intervals except one ... "manual". With Push "off" and sync interval set to "manual" I would get my email within 1-10 minutes on average, though sometimes it would be up to two hours. I was able to test the timing because I had created a rule within Outlook to forward my mail to an Outlook.com account which worked perfectly with push.

For various reasons, this setup didn't work for me anymore, so I rolled back to 10.0.9.422 early this evening. Bang --- all email works perfectly. Push pushes again. Instant email. There's something in 10.1 that breaks it.
    06-08-13 12:28 AM
    For various reasons, this setup didn't work for me anymore, so I rolled back to 10.0.9.422 early this evening. Bang --- all email works perfectly. Push pushes again. Instant email. There's something in 10.1 that breaks it.

VZW should be releasing an official build of 10.1 for the Z10 very soon, and I'd say there's a good chance it might maintain the EAS functionality, since VZW probably tests more thoroughly than most.

Here are the version numbers that come pre-installed on the Q10's that some VZW pre-order customers just got Friday - it's a different looking build than any I've seen previously:

FYI - the following was taken from someone who just received a Verizon Q10 today. Looks like they may be shipping something a bit back-revved from what the European carriers are releasing, hmm some things never change..

(Exceptions: Webkit, Build ID, some component versions are identical. Could be a boon though in terms of battery life, given that various people back-flashed the .2009 radio on the .2354 leak to improve battery life)

Carrier: Verizon Wireless // Country: United States of America // Date Phone was Received: New on June 07, 2013 [ordered under pre-ordering]
    Model: BlackBerry Q10
    Model Number: SQN100-2
    Software Release 10.1.0.2011
    OS Version: 10.1.2038
    Build ID: 525050
    Flash Player Version: 11.1.121.147
    AIR Version: 3.1.0.147
    Crypto. Kernel Ver.: 5.6.2.44391
    WLAN Version: 1.1
    Radio Version: 10.1.0.2039
    WebKit Version: 10.1.0.3224
    Browser Version: 10.1.0.65
    Ships fully UNLOCKED by default.
    06-08-13 12:44 AM
    VZW should be releasing an official build of 10.1 for the Z10 very soon, and I'd say there's a good chance it might maintain the EAS functionality, since VZW probably tests more thoroughly than most.

Here are the version numbers that come pre-installed on the Q10's that some VZW pre-order customers just got Friday - it's a different looking build than any I've seen previously:
    Yeah, I'm still holding out hope. The last leak I tried was the one that lbfe leaked in the thread asking about the best leak for Verizon. He claims that it's actually Verizon's build for the Z10 (filename: "Verizon_BB10_1_0F.2354.524717"). I'm hoping that isn't it, because it didn't work to fix the problem.
    06-08-13 12:52 AM
    Yeah, I'm still holding out hope. The last leak I tried was the one that lbfe leaked in the thread asking about the best leak for Verizon. He claims that it's actually Verizon's build for the Z10 (filename: "Verizon_BB10_1_0F.2354.524717"). I'm hoping that isn't it, because it didn't work to fix the problem.

Well I didn't see that one, but I would question it if only because it would surprise me that they would release something with the same revision level as the European carriers, and different from what they are releasing on their Q10's as well.

Do you have the list of component/build revs for that version?
    06-08-13 01:31 AM
    Well I didn't see that one, but I would question it if only because it would surprise me that they would release something with the same revision level as the European carriers, and different from what they are releasing on their Q10's as well.

Do you have the list of component/build revs for that version?
    All components seem to be the same as 2354. He claims Verizon made some changes to them though (kind of like the claim that Verizon's 10.0.9 was the same as AT&T's 10.0.10).
    06-08-13 01:37 AM
    All components seem to be the same as 2354. He claims Verizon made some changes to them though (kind of like the claim that Verizon's 10.0.9 was the same as AT&T's 10.0.10).

To be fair, VZW never claimed it was the same as AT&T's 10.0.10. However Michael Clewley did tweet on a couple occasions, in response to user questions, that it contained "all the great 10.0.10 fixes".

VZW did apparently back-port a lot of 10.0.10 fixes to 10.0.9, but if it really were a 10.0.10 build, it would have a 10.0.10 release number on it.

So for example, we are stuck with various early idiosyncracies that were fixed in certain 10.0.10 builds, such as broken text-flow in the browser, low-light problems with the camera, outgoing SMTP issues, etc.
    06-08-13 01:47 AM
    Well after playing with every leak of 10.1 since the first leak leaked, I've gone back to 10.0.9.422 today.

With every version of 10.1 used, my push email on my corporate EAS account did not work. With push set to "on" I would get email once every 18-24 hours. Completely random, and the one email delivery would dump all emails (i.e., I didn't lose any email, all was delivered in a batch).

I then set push to "off" and played with the sync intervals. Same results with all intervals except one ... "manual". With Push "off" and sync interval set to "manual" I would get my email within 1-10 minutes on average, though sometimes it would be up to two hours. I was able to test the timing because I had created a rule within Outlook to forward my mail to an Outlook.com account which worked perfectly with push.

I re-read your posts and couldn't see what version if exchange you were running that wasn't working for you with the later 10.1 builds. I am guessing it a Exchange 2010 because of the logging you mentioned, but wasn't 100% sure and that doesn't indicate the build version (service pack and rollup).
    Also have you tried other EAS devices other than 10.0 BlackBerry that have worked?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 06:31 AM
    I re-read your posts and couldn't see what version if exchange you were running that wasn't working for you with the later 10.1 builds. I am guessing it a Exchange 2010 because of the logging you mentioned, but wasn't 100% sure and that doesn't indicate the build version (service pack and rollup).
    Also have you tried other EAS devices other than 10.0 BlackBerry that have worked?

Posted via CB10
    Latest release and SP on Exchange.

All other EAS devices work. We've got thousands deployed including iPhones, iPads, Windows Phones, Android phones using Touchdown, even my two PlayBooks work without issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 09:19 AM
    Latest release and SP on Exchange.

All other EAS devices work. We've got thousands deployed including iPhones, iPads, Windows Phones, Android phones using Touchdown, even my two PlayBooks work without issue.

Forgive me for only looking at the last page of comments here, but if your issue revolves solely around "email push delays", the first thing I would want to know is if you are using your carrier's network, or something else via WiFi.

Because there are various network issues that can cripple "email push" via either IMAP or EAS. (Though EAS is quite a bit more robust in that respect)

And I think this was also brought-up in this thread previously, but various people have commented that there is something "strange" with IMAP/EAS push in recent 10.1 builds.. ie that enabling push actually makes the delays worse. I would have to put a packet-sniffer on it to understand more about what is going on there.
    06-08-13 09:34 AM
    Forgive me for only looking at the last page of comments here, but if your issue revolves solely around "email push delays", the first thing I would want to know is if you are using your carrier's network, or something else via WiFi.

Because there are various network issues that can cripple "email push" via either IMAP or EAS. (Though EAS is quite a bit more robust in that respect)

And I think this was also brought-up in this thread previously, but various people have commented that there is something "strange" with IMAP/EAS push in recent 10.1 builds.. ie that enabling push actually makes the delays worse. I would have to put a packet-sniffer on it to understand more about what is going on there.
    Same issue regardless of WiFi or network. Strangely, switching from one to the other (e.g. Leaving the house, or coming home after several hours) will sometimes, but not always, trigger a "Batch" delivery.

My experience with this is that with push "On" I get mail once every 18-24 hours. With push "Off" and sync interval set to "Manual" I get mail within 1-10 minutes but sometimes up to two hours. All other sync intervals (i.e. Specifying a time) result in push "On"-like behavior.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:39 AM
    Same issue regardless of WiFi or network. Strangely, switching from one to the other (e.g. Leaving the house, or coming home after several hours) will sometimes, but not always, trigger a "Batch" delivery.

My experience with this is that with push "On" I get mail once every 18-24 hours. With push "Off" and sync interval set to "Manual" I get mail within 1-10 minutes but sometimes up to two hours. All other sync intervals (i.e. Specifying a time) result in push "On"-like behavior.

Just to clarify - this behaviour pertains to your experience with 10.1.0.x builds, not 10.0.9.x, right?
    06-09-13 09:54 AM
    Just to clarify - this behaviour pertains to your experience with 10.1.0.x builds, not 10.0.9.x, right?
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:11 PM
    Correct.

So to put a positive spin on it - that could potentially be one reason why VZW never released 10.0, or 10.1 for the Z10 yet.
    06-09-13 12:49 PM
    It is interesting to note that sync does not happen when Wi Fi is turned on. With regular data on... sync works perfect. STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:56 PM
    It is interesting to note that sync does not happen when Wi Fi is turned on. With regular data on... sync works perfect. STL100-1

What does "interesting to note" mean - you mean it happens to YOU, or you find it "interesting" that other people have this issue?

If sync reliably does not work over your WiFi connection, and always works on the carrier connection, whatever you connecting to on WiFi is probably blocking that traffic.

Common with IMAP because it uses a dedicated port, not so common with EAS because it typically uses standard HTTP/HTTPS ports. (80/443)
    06-09-13 01:07 PM

What does "interesting to note" mean - you mean it happens to YOU, or you find it "interesting" that other people have this issue?

If sync consistently does not work over your WiFi connection, and always works on the carrier connection, whatever you are connecting to on WiFi is probably blocking that traffic.

Common with IMAP because it uses a dedicated port, not so common with EAS because it typically uses standard HTTP/HTTPS ports. (80/443)
    06-09-13 01:09 PM

If sync consistently does not work over your WiFi connection, and always works on the carrier connection, whatever you are connecting to on WiFi is probably blocking that traffic.

It is interesting to note that this happens to me. I get pissed off when I am not able to sync over my Wi Fi...

The Wi Fi I use is my company's... so I guess I will need to work with my IT to find out what is needed.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:44 PM
    The Wi Fi I use is my company's... so I guess I will need to work with my IT to find out what is needed.

Yep.
    06-09-13 07:30 PM
    I am receiving email from Domain �A� which is going in Folder �Z� of Desktop Outlook which is automatically uploaded to Folder �Z� of Office 365 P1 account (of Domain �B�) which is then downloaded in Folder �Z� of Laptop. The Domain �B� is exclusively for my use & for Syncing purpose only. This works flawlessly between my Desktop & Laptop with help of Office 365 P1 plan.
    Can I have the same type of Syncing with Z10 / Q10 also?
    06-15-13 08:49 AM
    I am receiving email from Domain ‘A’ which is going in Folder ‘Z’ of Desktop Outlook which is automatically uploaded to Folder ‘Z’ of Office 365 P1 account (of Domain ‘B’) which is then downloaded in Folder ‘Z’ of Laptop. The Domain ‘B’ is exclusively for my use & for Syncing purpose only. This works flawlessly between my Desktop & Laptop with help of Office 365 P1 plan.
    Can I have the same type of Syncing with Z10 / Q10 also?

Presumably the "automatic uploading" you are talking about is an Outlook rule you have setup, which requires Outlook to run 24x7.

There is no such native functionality in BB10, nor do I know of anything like that in any other native smartphone email app.

MS Exchange allows server-side rules to do certain things like automatically file incoming messages based on sender. I do not know if an "auto-forward" rule is one option. Some web-based email providers have auto-forward capability as well.

However many email providers are very picky/stringent about such rules (or just don't support them at all) because they can end up in essence as a "spam broadcaster", which in turn can get the email provider itself blacklisted.

I'm not sure what part of that you are calling the "syncing" part. If you have an email provider that provides a "syncing" capability (ie like Office 365), then you can sync a BB10 device with that mailbox just like any other device can do that supports syncing.
    06-15-13 08:27 PM
    Presumably the "automatic uploading" you are talking about is an Outlook rule you have setup, which requires Outlook to run 24x7.

There is no such native functionality in BB10, nor do I know of anything like that in any other native smartphone email app.

MS Exchange allows server-side rules to do certain things like automatically file incoming messages based on sender. I do not know if an "auto-forward" rule is one option. Some web-based email providers have auto-forward capability as well.

However many email providers are very picky/stringent about such rules (or just don't support them at all) because they can end up in essence as a "spam broadcaster", which in turn can get the email provider itself blacklisted.

I'm not sure what part of that you are calling the "syncing" part. If you have an email provider that provides a "syncing" capability (ie like Office 365), then you can sync a BB10 device with that mailbox just like any other device can do that supports syncing.
    @ Omnitech :
    Let me explain my scenario in other words:

- I am sending / receiving emails in my Desktop Outlook or creating new contact or calendar entry which will be reflected in OWA (Cloud).
    - Whenever I start my Laptop before going on a trip, all new details (Email, Contacts, Calendar entries, etc.) will be downloaded in Laptop Outlook & will be fully synced with OWA / Desktop Outlook. When I am out of my office, I will send / receive emails from Laptop. These details will be updated in OWA (Cloud).
    - All new details will be synced with my Desktop Outlook once I return to my office & start my Desktop Outlook.
    Currently to achieve this, I am using MS Office 365 P1 Plan.

I don�t foresee any problem if I am using single domain / email address in any device but my problem is that I am using Domain �A� to send / receive emails & Domain �B� to Sync my Desktop & Laptop.

What I am looking for is same scenario with my proposed new Mobile device & am in a dilemma which one to go for : Q10 / Lumia / ?? I want all 3 devices to be synced & updated with each other thru OWA (Cloud).
    I.e. I want my mobile phone to have all details of my Desktop Outlook when I work from Desktop Outlook & vice versa when I use my Mobile phone.

With above points, I believe that your mention of Outlook running 24 x 7 or Auto Forwarding is not required or suitable.

I sincerely appreciate you for taking time to reply my query & request your further input.
    06-18-13 07:54 AM
    this one is to bhrgr and your wifi active sync issues at work. this is likely to be because your work wifi dns doesn't point to the external (internet facing) server name of your exchange server, I would assume the wifi is just an access point on the internal lan. so if you tell your IT guys to set up a pointer record for the external name on your internal dns - presto it will work.
    bhrgvr likes this.
    06-18-13 12:48 PM
    this one is to bhrgr and your wifi active sync issues at work. this is likely to be because your work wifi dns doesn't point to the external (internet facing) server name of your exchange server, I would assume the wifi is just an access point on the internal lan. so if you tell your IT guys to set up a pointer record for the external name on your internal dns - presto it will work.
    Thanks adamski777... Will check with IT

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 05:39 AM
    - I am sending / receiving emails in my Desktop Outlook or creating new contact or calendar entry which will be reflected in OWA (Cloud).
    - Whenever I start my Laptop before going on a trip, all new details (Email, Contacts, Calendar entries, etc.) will be downloaded in Laptop Outlook & will be fully synced with OWA / Desktop Outlook. When I am out of my office, I will send / receive emails from Laptop. These details will be updated in OWA (Cloud).
    - All new details will be synced with my Desktop Outlook once I return to my office & start my Desktop Outlook.
    Currently to achieve this, I am using MS Office 365 P1 Plan.

What you describe above is just a standard MS Exchange based email system. The data is kept synchronized between desktop, laptop and/or mobile devices.

I don’t foresee any problem if I am using single domain / email address in any device but my problem is that I am using Domain ‘A’ to send / receive emails & Domain ‘B’ to Sync my Desktop & Laptop.

I'm still not personally clear about what you mean when you state that you are using "Domain A to send" and "Domain B to sync".

Earlier you suggested that you were having messages forwarded from one domain to the other. Can I ask why you are doing this? Because one of those domains originally did not support any sort of syncing protocol? Which domain do you want to use as your public email account destination? Can you just get rid of the "syncing" domain and use the "public email address domain" for everything? Why not?

What I am looking for is same scenario with my proposed new Mobile device & am in a dilemma which one to go for : Q10 / Lumia / ?? I want all 3 devices to be synced & updated with each other thru OWA (Cloud).

I.e. I want my mobile phone to have all details of my Desktop Outlook when I work from Desktop Outlook & vice versa when I use my Mobile phone.

If your email host is running MS Exchange, THAT is "the cloud". OWA is just a web interface on the Exchange server that you can use to access the Exchange data via any web browser without having to use either a traditional desktop/laptop client like Outlook (using RPC/MAPI connection) or a handheld device. (Using Exchange ActiveSync)

There isn't much functional difference between the Blackberry 10 devices and the other devices you mention in terms of syncing capability. They will all sync your Exchange messages to the mobile device and allow you to create or reply to messages using the email address configured on the MS Exchange system.
    06-19-13 07:07 AM
    Thanks Omnitech.

Sorry if I am confusing you but I assure you that this is a technically good question & urge you to not to give up! I am confident that not only you but others also will find new way of using Office 365 in different way!!

Please find further inputs as under:

- I am NOT using email forwarding.
    - Domain �A� is very old one & is used for regular communication.
    - My company is too small & I cannot afford all users to take them on Cloud.
    Hence I created new Domain �B� which is used exclusively by me as I travel a lot & I want all my data available.
    - When I used Domain �B� for Office 365, all my emails were uploaded from my Desktop Outlook to Cloud which were downloaded in my Laptop Outlook.
    Like you said typical Exchange Scenario.

This creates following scenario:
    - When I get email from my regular Domain �A� in Inbox of MS Outlook, it is uploaded to Inbox of Domain �B� in Cloud.
    - When I sent email from Domain �A�, it goes in Sent folder of MS Outlook which is automatically uploaded to Sent folder of Domain �B�.
    This does results in double data input / output but it helps me to keep my Desktop & Laptop Synced.

Since in MS Outlook we can create as many email account as we want, all emails from different account can be downloaded as well as we can sent emails from any email account which goes to Sent folder of Outlook.

If I can have same type of facility in BB10 (Like MS Outlook), all my emails from different domains / email address can come to Inbox or designated folders which will automatically uploaded to respective folder of Domain �B� which again will Sync with MS Outlook of Desktop or Laptop. I have no problem if this consumes double data as I have sufficient data plan to cover the data in / out.
    06-19-13 09:33 AM
132 ... 3456