I use SwiftKey on an Android tablet and phone. All I can say is I'm really excited to use the keyboard on the Z30 when it comes to Sprint because I really like SwiftKey and the BB10 keyboard looks to be even better, but in the same ballpark as what I already prefer when it comes to typing on glass.

Also a longtime keyboard user here and have been the owner of a 9930, style, 8530, and 8350i Nextel Curve.
    In the Android world a Samsung galaxy S2 epic 4g touch, and the HTC Evo 4G LTE. (plus the Note 10.1.)

if you have swiftkey on an android and liked it then i doubt you would be dissappointed with the Z10s at all. its certainly worth a try over the iphone 5 keyboard
    08-10-13 12:51 AM
    I absolutely love the bb10 keyboard. I am curious is if the bb10 keyboard that is in the android player can be extracted to be used in let's say a nexus 4? Only as since we can change the keyboard accessing the settings menu through ghost commander.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 02:24 AM
    I'm probably going to be in the minority.

I dislike the Z10 keyboard. I make a ton of mistakes with it and the swipe is only good while I'm using one hand and lazy, which isn't often. Some days I can type very quickly, and some days I miss every other key. The swipe up keyboard just seems to slow me down too.

The phone itself though... Man that thing is a beauty. I can deal with an ok keyboard for that beautiful piece of technology.
    08-10-13 03:16 AM
    Yes, yes, and don't forget: YES.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-10-13 03:42 AM
    for me the Z10 keyboard is on par with swiftkey on android. I prefer using the "flow" or "swype" option over the "flick" on the Z10. This is only my experience though
    Would you mind explaining, "flow or swype"? I have always had a problem wuth "flick". Thanks.
    Swiftkey that Android has is a lot better then the Z10's since it consistently gets updates from the company, but the Z10 keyboard is not bad. Ever since the new update I always seem to hit the period key while typing and it's annoying. But the keyboard isn't that bad.
    Not at all. Plus the Z10's keyboard is not reliant on updates as it learns how you type. It constantly gets better on its own.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    I'm probably going to be in the minority.

I dislike the Z10 keyboard. I make a ton of mistakes with it and the swipe is only good while I'm using one hand and lazy, which isn't often. Some days I can type very quickly, and some days I miss every other key. The swipe up keyboard just seems to slow me down too.

The phone itself though... Man that thing is a beauty. I can deal with an ok keyboard for that beautiful piece of technology.
    A recommendation, based upon how I as a former touchscreen hater learned to love the Z10 keyboard:

just forget about flicking in the beginning (I guess this is what you wer trying to say by "swiping").
    For me, it was so irritating to constantly having to look for & read the proposed next words that it slowed me down significantly, and I was close to just abandoning my Z10 forever.
    And then, the miracle happened and I gave up looking for the proposed words, and started to just type what I wanted to type, while relying heavily on the Z10's autocorrection.
    THis really really worked for me, and made me become a lightning fast touchscreen typist, something I never expected to happen.
    Now some may ask "why didn't you just turn off word predictions ?". I'm happy I didn't.
    Now, after several weeks of getting used to the Z10's keyboard, I find myself to increasingly using word predictions again. It's hard to describe but when starting to type a long and difficult word, I feel like there has to be a valid prediction, and look for it. In most cases, there is one which I then use.

I think I'm the world's worst touchscreen typist, but the Z10's keyboard works, even for me. I just had to find out how.
    that_maynard and laketrout73 like this.
    08-10-13 10:27 AM
    Would you mind explaining, "flow or swype"? I have always had a problem wuth "flick". Thanks.
    Swiping is a popular mode of virtual typing. Swype is a popular keyboard that uses this:

On Android, Swiftkey has a cool swiping feature called Flow that is very popular.
    08-10-13 01:00 PM
    Stock? I'd probably say BB10's ids best overall. I'm horrible with iOS keyboard.

What the heck? When did you go Android?
    The ecosystem finally got to me -_-
    08-10-13 01:47 PM
    A recommendation, based upon how I as a former touchscreen hater learned to love the Z10 keyboard:

just forget about flicking in the beginning (I guess this is what you wer trying to say by "swiping").
    For me, it was so irritating to constantly having to look for & read the proposed next words that it slowed me down significantly, and I was close to just abandoning my Z10 forever.
    And then, the miracle happened and I gave up looking for the proposed words, and started to just type what I wanted to type, while relying heavily on the Z10's autocorrection.
    THis really really worked for me, and made me become a lightning fast touchscreen typist, something I never expected to happen.
    Now some may ask "why didn't you just turn off word predictions ?". I'm happy I didn't.
    Now, after several weeks of getting used to the Z10's keyboard, I find myself to increasingly using word predictions again. It's hard to describe but when starting to type a long and difficult word, I feel like there has to be a valid prediction, and look for it. In most cases, there is one which I then use.

I think I'm the world's worst touchscreen typist, but the Z10's keyboard works, even for me. I just had to find out how.
    That's exactly my experience too. I started by mostly typing the first few letters and flicking the predicted words up.
    Now it's pretty much "nose to the grindstone" and bang away with two thumbs the whole word and let the space bar correct spelling mistakes and mis-types. But I do still flick up longer words for efficency. It's probably about a 90/10 split of typing the full words and letting space bar correct and flicking up predicted offerings.

Z10 STL100-3 | 10.1.0.4633 | Bell
    08-10-13 02:54 PM
    Swiping is a popular mode of virtual typing. Swype is a popular keyboard that uses this:

On Android, Swiftkey has a cool swiping feature called Flow that is very popular.
    Amazing, I didn't know that. Thanks!!!
    08-11-13 04:21 AM

I tried the Swype on Android phones. However, it never beats Z10 keyboard (Flicking up) in terms of speed and usability. Using Swype requires you to know exactly how to spell the words. Otherwise, it doesn't work well. On Z10 keyboard, I just need to spell the first two letters of the word then the suggested words show up above the letter on the keyboard so I can easily flick the right one up. The only side effect of using Z10 in the long run is being lazy to memorize the spelling of words over time LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:35 PM
    Swype is good if you use index or middle fingers to interface with the phone. Not so useful if you're used to using only your thumbs (there is a reason why the ailment of "BlackBerry thumb" is so named.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-11-13 01:14 PM
    Swype is good if you use index or middle fingers to interface with the phone. Not so useful if you're used to using only your thumbs (there is a reason why the ailment of "BlackBerry thumb" is so named.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I use Swype one handed with thumb.
    08-11-13 01:19 PM
    I tried the Swype on Android phones. However, it never beats Z10 keyboard (Flicking up) in terms of speed and usability. Using Swype requires you to know exactly how to spell the words. Otherwise, it doesn't work well. On Z10 keyboard, I just need to spell the first two letters of the word then the suggested words show up above the letter on the keyboard so I can easily flick the right one up. The only side effect of using Z10 in the long run is being lazy to memorize the spelling of words over time LOL

Posted via CB10
    Swype doesn't require you to know how to spell words. I don't think the predictive engine is as good as BB10's, but it is good. In fact, I had to stop my daughter from using it for the same reason: it's so easy she was getting lazy.

Swype is the fastest keyboard in the world currently, and logically, it makes sense. With auto-spacing enabled, your finger never leaves the keyboard. That's why Swiftkey is so popular: Flow is fantastic, with an engine just as good as BB10's.
    08-11-13 01:25 PM
    The feedback I've received regarding keyboards from associates and clients who traded their BB7s for BB10s:

1) The Q10 has no buffer region between the keyboard and touchscreen anymore (because BB killed the track pad) so they are constantly, accidentally opening programs by touching the screen with their thumb(s) as they type.

2) The giant keyboard on the Z10 combined with small action buttons (while entering passwords, etc.) results in accidental 911 calls. One government IT manager we deal with said he made 24 accidental calls in ONE month and one of his coworkers made 17.

3) Neither the Z10 or Q10 offer the hyper productivity of the old BB 7 devices. The 1 button, 1 hand email access is no more. It's now a 4 swipe operation depending on what's open at the time.

etc.
    911 calls when entering passwords? Uh, WTF?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:21 AM
    911 calls when entering passwords? Uh, WTF?

Posted via CB10
    Accidental emergency calls?! What tosh.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan
    08-13-13 03:27 AM
142 ... 456