I have a Z10, OS 10.3.3.1463. For some reason I cannot receive texts from a few of my contacts. It started with one, now its up to 4 that I know of, out of a hundred or so. I can send them texts just fine but I do not get their replies and nothing shows up in the chat, including my messages that went out OK. All previous texts are cleared. WHY?
    01-25-18 01:29 PM
    Never mind, Im going to get a hammer and smash this piece of crap into a fine powder.
    01-26-18 04:50 PM
    Never mind, Im going to get a hammer and smash this piece of crap into a fine powder.
    Then none of your contacts will work.

P.S. - Welcome to CrackBerry!

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-26-18 04:52 PM
    Its just as well, I am absolutely frustrated with it. Blend doesnt work. Link doesnt work. Texting functionality is diminishing by the day. At least it plays music but a cheap MP3 player would be a lot more cost effective. I would wipe it back to factory but cant depend on backup.
    01-26-18 05:20 PM
    I dont mean to sound like a jerk, sorry and thanks for the welcome. I decided my only choice is to do a factory reset. I hope I dont regret it. Link is working again, I have learned I must uninstall and reinstall every time I want to use it. So I do have a new backup, we will see... If you hear an explosion that was my head.
    01-26-18 06:33 PM
    Alrighty, factory reset went well. "bberror.com/bb10-0021" I guess I have a brick now.
    01-26-18 06:47 PM
    You should've smashed it earlier with your hammer. Saved you a few hours. 😜
    01-26-18 08:23 PM
    Out of curiosity, what's the history on your device?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    01-27-18 12:07 AM
    It has worked OK until lately. I installed a small memory card a few years ago and upgraded that recently. File locations (music and pictures) were a mess so I moved all those to the new card to free up space in the phone. It came with everything I need and more so (embarrassingly?) I have never downloaded an app. This started with one contact that I text frequently, suddenly I could no longer receive texts from her and all text history disappeared, but she could get mine. This has expanded to about 4 contacts that I know of at this point. Also the text app can be painfully slow, I sometimes need to wait quite a while for the characters I type to show. It looks like the security wipe I did yesterday finally worked but now restore is stuck on "loading the restore content". Im letting it go all day but I have little confidence it will ever complete.
    01-27-18 11:17 AM
    Alrighty, factory reset went well. "bberror.com/bb10-0021" I guess I have a brick now.
    You should avoid Link. Use Ultimate Backup instead.

What variant of Z10 do you have? I will provide a link to the correct autoloader.
    01-27-18 11:31 AM
    STL100-3 OS 10.3.3.1463 Let me know if you need anything else. Please tell me Ultimate Backup recognizes BB backup files...
    01-27-18 11:41 AM
    STL100-3 OS 10.3.3.1463 Let me know if you need anything else. Please tell me Ultimate Backup recognizes BB backup files...
    Ultimate Backup does its own thing, so no.

Here is the autoloader:
    https://mega.nz/#!cFYUDbZS!qlRYMMA2L...9ATUbzriiwO2CI

Download to PC, unzip it, plug in your phone, and run the autoloader.
    01-27-18 11:46 AM
    Please tell me Ultimate Backup recognizes BB backup files...
    Sorry, nope. Look, if you want to re-install your OS and then use a backup from Link to reinstate your data/info/settings etc., you may very well just put all the problems right back onto your device. You are better off just keeping your photos/documents etc and wiping/autoloading the device to start fresh. Forget about the BB backup files and start fresh. Conite will give you the autoloader link--he always does!
    01-27-18 11:49 AM
    Too late, nothing to back up now... But if I ever recover from this I'll use it instead of Link which should be in the badly written software hall of fame. Thanks!
    01-27-18 11:50 AM
    Well... forever stuck on "loading the restore content". Saw a post somewhere that says link is not compatible with windows 10 so went to an old machine. Same thing initially but finally it showed 2 old backups. New backup evidently is no good, something went wrong during backup so instead of just telling me that... Anyway I finally did get a restore back to Dec 5 so everything since then is gone but not the end of the world. Contacts are there although it has not associated numbers with names on the texts. Now to do a proper backup with the Ultimate, even if not perfect it still has to be better than BB Link. But it looks like problem is still there as predicted. I guess its time to move on. Thanks everybody!
    01-27-18 03:03 PM
    Hello again, I thought I would post some activity on this in case anyone is interested. And of course there is another question. So I gave Blackberry $35 to help solve this problem. Even though it is still not solved I have gotten a lot of help from them to try to find the problem, and I know an acceptable (not perfect but I'll live) solution is close at hand.
    They have had me do a factory reset several times. First time, restore just settings. Problem gone (unfortunately along with all contacts). Then restore media. Again all is well. Then restore what they call "SMS data", which is evidently all contacts and messages. Now the problem is back, so it is narrowed down to some problem with SMS data. Today they asked me to wipe again, this time I believe they are asking me to restore only the contacts, but no messages. I dont see this option in Link. I did back it up with Ultimate Backup so maybe that will give me the option. Here is the last message I got - "So the issue did not reoccur after restoring with no SMS? If so, this means that the issue is with the SMS database and you can restore you contacts data without any problem." This does not make much sense to me so I have asked for clarification. Does anyone know if I can restore only contacts without messages? If this is not possible I guess I can manually delete them but Im afraid whatever is causing this might stay with the phone.
    02-08-18 06:39 PM
    Use Darcy's BlackBerry Tools (DBBT) instead of Link. I spent over 5 hours (I **** you not) tweaking settings, disconnecting and reconenncting, rebooting, etc. trying to get BlackBerry Link to create a backup before I found DBBT. It recognised my Z30 immediately, made a .bbb backup within 15 minutes, and in another 15 I'd restored another BB10 device with that backup file.

I don't understand how DBBT gets so little love and mention on these forums. It's nothing short of a lifesaver for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-18 03:11 AM
    Yup, still fighting it... So jackson5, is DBBT the same as Ultimate Backup? That one did create a backup and it looks like contacts and text messages are kept separate, as opposed to BB Link. Since BB seems fairly inept at solving this problem I need to find another way. I tried to run Ultimate Backup to see if I can restore just the contacts, but I ran it some time ago and now it seems to be not on my PC as an installed program, very strange. Maybe it was never an installed app? Anyway I downloaded again and ran the executable, all it did was reset the phone to factory without offering any opportunity to restore. If DBBT works, I can restore again using BB link, backup with this, then restore JUST the contacts. I could have typed them all in again by now...
    02-22-18 02:18 PM
    I know everybody here has given up on me and I dont blame them. But... PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! After 2 months of working with BB (for a mere $35) I now know the problem is in the messages, not the contacts. Since BB Link does not separate contacts from messages I was not able to restore them separately. BB wanted me to create an email account, sync contacts, wipe phone, load contacts... I do have a life aside from getting my phone to work as it should. The solution was given to here on this forum and I am very grateful. Conite, I owe you some beers. Anyone reading this, please get Ultimate Backup from Runisoft and never EVER try to use BB Link again. The program is a disaster in so many ways. I never did find DBBT... Party time.
    03-02-18 12:10 PM
    Update. Problem is back. A little different this time, instead of no messages from certain contacts it has decided to be unbiased. No messages from anybody. Cant look at pictures sent. Cant delete messages or clear chat. I think it would be nearly impossible that I am the only one with these problems.
    04-19-18 12:37 PM
    'Tis a brick at this point.
    04-20-18 07:21 PM
    Sorry man, wish I had an answer for you. We BB10ers are a rare breed at this point. Greater and greater problems, fewer and fewer solutions. It's only gonna get worse from here on out.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-18 01:21 AM
    Well, after actually shopping for a phone my son did something... He doesnt know what either but it came back to life for him. I now have a reliable means of backing up so when this happens again (and it will) I have a graceful way out. So... Ill keep thinking about what my next phone will be because one of these days it will not wake back up. Im like this, used my motorola Razr until it simply could not go on. What a great phone in its day...
    05-07-18 01:52 PM