Hi. I have a BlackBerry Z10 Stl100-1 and is giving me the sign of dead.. it doesn't get recognized and won't boot up, I switched the battery and no sign of life this is the sign my pc give me..
    Z10 dead? Pls help-img_20140603_192832.jpg

Posted via CB10 App
    06-03-14 06:31 PM
    Did you try running an autoloader while ur ph was plugged into the computer?

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    06-03-14 09:35 PM
    Try the suggestion above and use your the BlackBerry cable that came with the device(if that's not what you're using) and try several pc ports.

Posted via CB10 on my Queen5 10.3
    06-03-14 09:44 PM
    What they said but also, un-install Link, download the newest version and install it. Then try reset to factory if all else fails. You can then pick what OS you want to run then load it with the auto-loader. You could also use Link to load your carrier version after you get control back. Good luck..

Life sucks then your phone gets screwed..

Akawarrior..

Posted Via : z10 STL100-3 (3175/3140)
    06-03-14 09:57 PM
    Hi. I have a BlackBerry Z10 Stl100-1 and is giving me the sign of dead..
    Remove battery run autoloader on a Desktop and then connect your Z10 to CPU with USB
    06-04-14 02:50 AM
    One of my Z10's died several months ago. spent countless hours, including everything suggested in this thread to no avail...

Let me know if you get it figured out. Would love to get mine back up

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:58 AM
    I think you need to find a repair center, there has been a problem with a stuck lock / power button keeping the phone off.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:58 AM
    Something that caused this for me was having Samsung kies installed. Do you have that or anything else installed that polls The USB Port for a connected device? If so remove it.

Someone earlier mentioned updating link as well, which has helped me connect my phones to my computer.

Posted with my Z30 running10.3.0.296 on AT&T
    06-04-14 05:41 AM
    I think you need to find a repair center, there has been a problem with a stuck lock / power button keeping the phone off.

Posted via CB10
    His power isn't a problem, else that message wouldn't pop up about the USB not being recognized.

06-04-14 05:43 AM
    Did you try running an autoloader while ur ph was plugged into the computer?

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    Yes, only way it even did something (this pop up)

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:45 AM
    Try the suggestion above and use your the BlackBerry cable that came with the device(if that's not what you're using) and try several pc ports.

Posted via CB10 on my Queen5 10.3
    I did, stil nothing

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:46 AM
    What they said but also, un-install Link, download the newest version and install it. Then try reset to factory if all else fails. You can then pick what OS you want to run then load it with the auto-loader. You could also use Link to load your carrier version after you get control back. Good luck..

Life sucks then your phone gets screwed..

Akawarrior..

Posted Via : z10 STL100-3 (3175/3140)
    The problem is that the phone doesn't boot up or doesn't even give me the red light when it's connected. I did try to load an OS with an autoloader but because it doesn't connect to the pc I can't use an autoloader :S

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:48 AM
    Remove battery run autoloader on a Desktop and then connect your Z10 to CPU with USB
    I did that, phone won't do anything, I tried it with my Z10 and it did work, changed it again and no signal with this Z10 (my sisters')

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:50 AM
    Something that caused this for me was having Samsung kies installed. Do you have that or anything else installed that polls The USB Port for a connected device? If so remove it.

Someone earlier mentioned updating link as well, which has helped me connect my phones to my computer.

Yes I do have Kies installed! But do you think it would have a difference if I tried with another Z10 and worked and using this bricked/nuked/broken one and it does nothing?

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you think so? Maybe that's why it doesn't boot up, even with another battery?

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 05:53 AM
    Do you think so? Maybe that's why it doesn't boot up, even with another battery?

Posted via CB10 App
    I had the problem the phone was eventually sent back to BlackBerry, but I remembered that before I sent it back, the only way to properly reset it was to hold down the volume buttons simultaneously, and then the red light would come on. The OS would then load to 4% before it would freeze and then shutdown, but because I think the lock button was stuck, immediately it would try to comeback on like you had pressed it. After a while of this the battery I think gets messed up and it ceases for a while. You then remove the battery and wait for about an hour and replace it and it tries again.

I got the lock / power button suspicion from another user on CB. Lmk. Mine was an STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:47 AM
    First install BlackBerry Link. Then restart your computer. Then turn off the phone with it still plugged in. Then turn it back on with it still plugged in. Make sure your Internet connection on your PC is working. You might have more than one issue at hand. One of them may be a USB driver installation issue and the other may reside on the phone and you won't be able to troubleshoot the second without resolving the first.

Just in case. You can take out the battery, SIM and SD card for 1 hour then put back in the SIM and battery only and leave it to charge using the original BlackBerry charger for at least an hour before trying the steps I mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 06-04-14 at 07:36 AM.
    06-04-14 06:49 AM
    First install BlackBerry Link. Then restart your computer. Then turn off the phone with it still plugged in. Then turn it back on with it still plugged in. Make sure your Internet connection on your PC is working. You might have more than one issue at hand. One of them may be a USB driver installation issue and the other may reside on the phone and you won't be able to troubleshoot the second without resolving the first.

Just in case. You can take out the battery, SIM and SD card for 1 hour then put back in the SIM only and leave it to charge using the original BlackBerry charger for at least an hour before trying the steps I mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    I tried all of this with the phone first myself and nothing worked. It actually loaded 10.1 onto the phone when I used BlackBerry Link grrrr, I tried autoloaders tried sim in, sim out mem card out,batt out but nothing would touch it but the volume button reset, and then nothing further. The phone was still under the warranty so I took it back so it could be sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 07:03 AM
    Is it charging atleast? I mean when you charge it shows Red LED ?
    Not sure if you are facing this same issue or not, My friend suggested this solution when my Z10 didnt start :
    Heat the charging port by a hair blower or may be the fan of your laptop (the port some times doesnt work when the temprature is low - the temprature was 9 in my case).
    And then try charging the phone, lets see if it works!
    06-04-14 07:20 AM
    Mine wasn't a charging issue because if I shut the phone down completely it would charge just fine, but the phone would get warm.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 08:13 AM
    Sounds like maybe screwed hardware like someone said above.. That sucks.. :-(
    Maybe take it to your provider main store (call them first) they may know a trick to get it up..
    Could be something like a screwed SIM card if your lucky.. Have see stranger things..
    Worth a try.. Good luck fellow z10'er.. Ahhh.. Poooo..

Akawarrior..
    06-04-14 09:37 AM
    Btw seeing as u r in this thread, what was the last leak u loaded? Wonder if it has anything to do with tht.!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:18 PM
    06-04-14 02:30 PM
    Is it charging atleast? I mean when you charge it shows Red LED ?
    Not sure if you are facing this same issue or not, My friend suggested this solution when my Z10 didnt start :
    Heat the charging port by a hair blower or may be the fan of your laptop (the port some times doesnt work when the temprature is low - the temprature was 9 in my case).
    And then try charging the phone, lets see if it works!
    No, it isn't charging. It doesn't give me nothing no LED no nothing:s

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 07:16 PM
    Sounds like maybe screwed hardware like someone said above.. That sucks.. :-(
    Maybe take it to your provider main store (call them first) they may know a trick to get it up..
    Could be something like a screwed SIM card if your lucky.. Have see stranger things..
    Worth a try.. Good luck fellow z10'er.. Ahhh.. Poooo..

Akawarrior..
    I can't call my provider because they too sucked, I recently loaded up the official 10.2.1.2141 with an autoloader last time because it got stuck on "BlackBerry 10" loading screen and couldn't be booted up. So I reload the OS.

Posted via CB10 App
    06-04-14 07:18 PM
30 12