In the last 24 hours my z10 decided twice to duplicate my contact list with now three entries for every contact. I've had the same device for over 6 months (now running 10.2) and this random activity which happened for the first time is very annoying. I noticed it because the phone was rapidly draining the battery. Also, recent amendments to individual contacts have been lost. Does anyone know why or how this happens and if it can be fixed without erasing and reinstalling the account with the contact list?

P.S. BlackBerry get your act together.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    01-01-14 06:10 PM
    In the last 24 hours my z10 decided twice to duplicate my contact list with now three entries for every contact. I've had the same device for over 6 months (now running 10.2) and this random activity which happened for the first time is very annoying. I noticed it because the phone was rapidly draining the battery. Also, recent amendments to individual contacts have been lost. Does anyone know why or how this happens and if it can be fixed without erasing and reinstalling the account with the contact list?

P.S. BlackBerry get your act together.

Posted via CB10
    Before you assume that it's a fault on BlackBerry, I have one question for you:
    Do you happen to have Skype installed?

BlackBerry Z10 / 10.2.0.1791
    01-01-14 07:35 PM
    I turned off syncing contacts in Skype and that solved my problem. You should try to see if that helps!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 11:45 PM
    I turned off syncing contacts in Skype and that solved my problem. You should try to see if that helps!

Posted via CB10
    Weird. I tried testing that, and even after I turned it off, contacts kept syncing, so I had to delete the whole app to stop myself from ever using it. It hasn't been updated in a long time so I kinda lost hope in Skype for BB10.

It's kinda sad because BlackBerry announced in the BB10 introduction keynote that Skype is dedicated to BB10. It really doesn't show.

01-02-14 12:03 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I did have Skype contacts syncing but what is bizarre is that I've had Skype installed since July and this never happened so not sure why the duplication is happening now. I deleted Skype and the duplicates are still there. Should I delete and re-install the contacts account (icloud)?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:04 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I did have Skype contacts syncing but what is bizarre is that I've had Skype installed since July and this never happened so not sure why the duplication is happening now. I deleted Skype and the duplicates are still there. Should I delete and re-install the contacts account (icloud)?

Posted via CB10
    Because the Skype contact problem only started occuring since the latest update. Everytime you sign into Skype, all the contacts will be synced. But even after deletion, the contacts will stay. It's your option whether you want to link them or delete them.

01-02-14 02:23 AM
    Thanks again for the tip. Deleting Skype removed all the duplicates and unfortunately most of the original contacts syncing with icloud. Fortunately, the contacts in icloud itself were not deleted. I had to remove the account and re-add it to bring them back. Shame I had to delete Skype. I hope this gets fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:22 PM
    Thanks again for the tip. Deleting Skype removed all the duplicates and unfortunately most of the original contacts syncing with icloud. Fortunately, the contacts in icloud itself were not deleted. I had to remove the account and re-add it to bring them back. Shame I had to delete Skype. I hope this gets fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Same. But I feel like Skype already gave up on BlackBerry 10.
    It'd feel great to hear about an update, though.

01-02-14 11:26 PM
    The problem is back only in reverse. Just downloaded the Rock Radio app and my contacts started getting deleted. This app doesn't have contact syncing but does ask access to device info and files. I have not reinstalled Skype. Can't figure out what the hell is going on but the first problem may have occurred when I downloaded an app and may not have been Skype. I need to delete and reinstall my contacts all over again....real pain in the a$$.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:29 AM
    Because the Skype contact problem only started occuring since the latest update. Everytime you sign into Skype, all the contacts will be synced. But even after deletion, the contacts will stay. It's your option whether you want to link them or delete them.

I've found that if I link them, they just duplicate again. This update has been terrible, it's made skype unusable for me.

But looking on the brightside, i've converted most of my friends to bbm. Still it would be nice to have Skype to chat with them when they are on their computers.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:01 AM
    I've found that if I link them, they just duplicate again. This update has been terrible, it's made skype unusable for me.

But looking on the brightside, i've converted most of my friends to bbm. Still it would be nice to have Skype to chat with them when they are on their computers.

Posted via CB10
    That is until BBM for desktop comes into play, and possibly have video chat.

01-04-14 11:21 AM
    I installed Skype from the 1Mobile Market, which has fixed this issue for me. Hopefully Skype will update the version in BB World.
    01-04-14 12:10 PM
    This second time around has nothing to do with Skype and happened when I downloaded a music streaming app. The problem is that I have over 2000 contacts and it takes at least 2 hours to add/remove each time. I am going to avoid downloading anything from BlackBerry World until there is a new OS update.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:40 PM