I haven't seen any comparisons of the new S4 against the Z10. Browser to browser.

I'll have to assume it's because the S4 could not beat our browser!

Zed10 FTW!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:14 AM
    The S4 will beat the Z10 browser without any bit of doubt. The results will be fairly close, but there should be no doubt about which one is faster.

Oh, and if you're comparing Javascript speed, BB10 has a *long* way to go to match up even to the S3, 920, etc. With that said, the HTML5 implementation is top notch, and you can allow videos (youtube, for example) to play in the background on the Z10, which is cool.

Overall, the BB10 browser is really great. It's better than Chrome on the newest Android 4.2 devices, but it's still not as good as the old Android browser (the one from ICS). Google is taking *really* long to get mobile chrome even up to par with their own stock browser, so I have to give credit to BB for surpassing Chrome in the first attempt.
    03-17-13 05:26 AM
    Was the Z10 browser ever the fastest? It has the record for the highest HTML5 compatibility of any browser (phone/tablet/desktop). I don't remember seeing anything about being fastest.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:28 AM
    Was the Z10 browser ever the fastest?
    I'm not sure about the fastest, per se, but it did beat most stock browsers in a lot of the non-javascript tests (and I'm talking performance tests, not HTML5 compatibility tests). The problem with the BB10 browser is javascript performance, which isn't bad, but could be better. The problem with that is that Javascript is the base for pretty much all the top browser tests (browser mark, sun spider, etc., etc.) and the Z10 will therefore not score so well on those.
    03-17-13 05:37 AM
    Browsers on most major platforms are so accomplished now it's splitting hairs which one is faster, and probably of job major note to the end user.
    The major plus for BlackBerry 10 browser is the Flash player which is a huge deal because a lot of the net is still flash heavy.
    I think that's a leg up over just about every other major OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:40 AM
    The browser was never the fastest.
    It's on a level playing field now when it comes to speed.

As mentioned, it has a leg up thanks to native Flash support.

There's no lag or drag, or anything negative about flash support, no crashing, no idea what the other platforms complain about, bb10 has proved you can have the whole Web in your hands with a z10.

No compromise.

Posted via CB10
    defyance likes this.
    03-17-13 06:03 AM
    If this browser gets any faster it will be posting the Web page up I want before I even type it in! Lol! ; )

Posted via CB10 via my awesome Z10
    03-17-13 07:13 AM
    the reason people were claiming its speed is because it didnt have to go through the noc and pause like older blackberry's. it is now a browser like a mobile phone with the specs and not taking the noc into consideration.
    03-17-13 07:40 AM
    II don't think everyone was following my thought process.

In all of the real world comparisons that I saw, the Z10 rendered pages faster.

I never put too much credit behind benchmark scores.

I have seen many comments from various sources stating that the browser was faster than all other mobile browsers. The only caveat was the quality of rendering on pages specifically tuned for Android for example.

Posted via CB10
    xgcomm likes this.
    03-17-13 02:17 PM
    I don't know about the it being the fastest but I do know one thing, last night I streamed the GSP fight through my phone browser connected through hdmi. My other family member's phones couldn't.

The Samsung note probably could have but it had low battery lol.. the various Iphones obviously couldn't because we'll they don't have hdmi connection. Plus the owners were all playing candy crush.

You might say that's irrelevant but i care more about day to day usability than benchmark scores that might not translate all that well to real world scenarios. Like TH said, it's about the experience.

Granted I wish we also had candy crush.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 02:42 PM
    Was watching some YT videos last night and the way some websites are layed out, take for example, The Verge, Note 2 had a faster load from all that heavy content.
    03-17-13 02:43 PM
    The S4 will beat the Z10 browser without any bit of doubt. The results will be fairly close, but there should be no doubt about which one is faster.

Oh, and if you're comparing Javascript speed, BB10 has a *long* way to go to match up even to the S3, 920, etc. With that said, the HTML5 implementation is top notch, and you can allow videos (youtube, for example) to play in the background on the Z10, which is cool.

Overall, the BB10 browser is really great. It's better than Chrome on the newest Android 4.2 devices, but it's still not as good as the old Android browser (the one from ICS). Google is taking *really* long to get mobile chrome even up to par with their own stock browser, so I have to give credit to BB for surpassing Chrome in the first attempt.
    and why would that be exactly ? because it has 8 cores cpu needed to run inefficient android os properly ? I am sure z10 browser is faster.
    03-17-13 02:47 PM
    In the SG4 videos I have seen, there is no amount of processing power that will rid Androids "transitions" the transitions make the OS seem clunky.
    03-17-13 03:27 PM
    I don't see how a 1.2Ghz Android can beat a 1.5Ghz QNX based platform. Of course I'm ignoring the quad core vs the dual core because anyone with the smallest amount of computer knowledge would know that the cores are for multitasking only.. and web browsing is NOT a multitask... and a web browser is NOT going to kick the 1.2Ghz quad into the 1.6Ghz quad over drive.

If you look at the specs of the S4 carefully.. it is a huge let down. Its only a tiny upgrade from the S3.

To be honest, Samsung has hit its brick wall.. for those who don't know much about computers, a CPU can increase in speed, but its no use because the technology for memory has not improved.. thus the CPU speed is crippled by the speed of memory because the CPU can only go as fast as the data can come from the memory--that is a reason why these Samsung upgrades aren't getting any faster in Ghz.. because theres not much point.

That being so... Blackberry may be the tortoise but it won't take much to catch up to the hare technology-wise. The QNX based platform is a much more efficient platform than the open sourced Android. Here is where Blackberry will ultimately take the lead in speed.

Lets just hope the rest of the developers will put their support in Blackberry and get some apps rolling... then people won't have an excuse to hate on Blackberry any longer.
    03-19-13 03:35 AM
    How will I upgrade the Adobe Flash Player for me to be able to play online using the browser? because it is requiring for an upgrade please help. Thanks
    04-21-13 05:23 AM
    Please help me on how will upgrade my adobe flash player, for me to play online because it it requiring for an upgrade. Thank you
    04-21-13 05:24 AM