I was doing a security wipe due to an uninstallable bad app and BB Link gave up on my phone and shown my phone is disconnected after 30 mins in the security wipe process. After waited for another 30 more mins, I rebooted the phone, since it seems to stuck on the security wipe screen. Then no surprise, my Z10 is bricked. I have tried the web update method. It keeps giving me an error complaining my internet connection is faulty after the software reach 5% of the device software download. Tried boot the PC, same deal! I do not know if there is any apploader that I can download to restore the phone back to the working stage?

Here is some info:

- My phone was updated to 10.0.10.85 before the security wipe.
    - I was using Win 8 Pro with IE-10 when doing the web update method in the "How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system"

Any advises are extremely welcome and much appreciated. Please help!!

Thanks in advance!
    03-01-13 01:35 AM
    How long have you had your phone? Don't most carriers do exchanges within the first 2 weeks or month?
    03-01-13 08:00 AM
    I was doing a security wipe due to an uninstallable bad app and BB Link gave up on my phone and shown my phone is disconnected after 30 mins in the security wipe process. After waited for another 30 more mins, I rebooted the phone, since it seems to stuck on the security wipe screen. Then no surprise, my Z10 is bricked. I have tried the web update method. It keeps giving me an error complaining my internet connection is faulty after the software reach 5% of the device software download. Tried boot the PC, same deal! I do not know if there is any apploader that I can download to restore the phone back to the working stage?

Here is some info:

- My phone was updated to 10.0.10.85 before the security wipe.
    - I was using Win 8 Pro with IE-10 when doing the web update method in the "How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system"

Any advises are extremely welcome and much appreciated. Please help!!

Thanks in advance!
    Hi deae, no worries, your phone is not the first and it's not bricked, judt try reloading the software through Blackberry Link if the web update did not work for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:16 AM
    I do not know if there is any apploader that I can download to restore the phone back to the working stage?
    Here is the 10.0.0.85 apploader (http://d-h.st/AY8) package mentioned on this forum sometime during the last three days; download it and try installing BlackBerry OS 10 (version: 10.0.10.85) - it is an unofficial leak but should at least help you get your BlackBerry Z10 back to life. Good luck! Report on the outcome for the benefit of other forum members whom might encounter the same issue in the future.
    kazmi likes this.
    03-01-13 09:36 AM
    Sorry to hear that. May be try to do a battery pull and reboot. Not sure, but hope it helps. Good luck.
    03-01-13 09:41 AM
    Please keep the posts on topic and refrain from posting useless things just to incite a response.
    03-01-13 09:57 AM
    Have you tried calling Blackberry support??? Since it's a new handset, you should try calling your carrier and asking them to get you over to BBRY support. I'm sure they will be able to help. If not, tweet them and see - they are quite responsive! @BlackBerryHelp

GL!
    03-01-13 09:59 AM
    I tried that apploader and it worked!! Thank you guys for helping.

Just to be sure what was the problem, I tried restore again using my work PC with BB Link on WinXP and for some reason it worked flawlessly with security wipe. I am staying away from my personal laptop with BB Link on Windows 8.

Once again, thanks for the help.
    aragone79 likes this.
    03-01-13 01:00 PM
    I tried that apploader and it worked!! Thank you guys for helping.

Just to be sure what was the problem, I tried restore again using my work PC with BB Link on WinXP and for some reason it worked flawlessly with security wipe. I am staying away from my personal laptop with BB Link on Windows 8.

Once again, thanks for the help.
    Got to know, enjoy it dear

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 03:53 PM
    Thanks Kill, the loader worked for me. After calling Rogers support, they made me try uninstalling and re-installing link and reloading. that didn't do it. Still a communication error. Rolling back blackberry drivers didn't work. But the loader worked in about 2 minutes and my bricked BB was successfully reloaded.
    03-04-13 09:06 AM