Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I thought I would probably have to do a wipe to get rid of the update issue. It's really strange though regarding the rebooting issue. My boyfriend has a bb10 on Bell. He got his a couple of weeks before I got mine. He has the same version of software that I have, so Rogers and Bell have both pushed out the same updates. He hasn't experienced any rebooting with his phone. Makes me wonder what the difference is. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm...

What exact Software release version and OS version is that?

Because it has always been the case that only a certain subset of users see the self-reboot issue. My guess is that it only affects something like 10% of the total userbase, if that. (We see a disproportionate share of people complaining about it here because of the well-known nature/demographics of tech support forums)
    06-29-13 06:51 AM
    What exact Software release version and OS version is that?

Because it has always been the case that only a certain subset of users see the self-reboot issue. My guess is that it only affects something like 10% of the total userbase, if that. (We see a disproportionate share of people complaining about it here because of the well-known nature/demographics of tech support forums)
    We both have 10.1.0.273 on our bb10's.
    06-29-13 12:20 PM
    We both have 10.1.0.273 on our bb10's.
    And unfortunately that is one of the releases that is known to be subject to the self-restart issue in some cases.
    06-29-13 03:46 PM
    And unfortunately that is one of the releases that is known to be subject to the self-restart issue in some cases.
    Do you know if I'll have to wait for Rogers to release the next update, or is there another way for me to get a release that isn't subject to the restart issue? Many thanks for your help.
    06-29-13 05:51 PM
    Do you know if I'll have to wait for Rogers to release the next update, or is there another way for me to get a release that isn't subject to the restart issue? Many thanks for your help.

One popular method is to install a SIM card from a carrier that already released the update.

The device will install the software supported by the carrier associated with the SIM card
    06-29-13 08:29 PM
    One popular method is to install a SIM card from a carrier that already released the update.

The device will install the software supported by the carrier associated with the SIM card
    Do you know which version of software I should be looking for?
    06-30-13 05:19 AM
    Do you know which version of software I should be looking for?

According to the Blackberry knowledgebase article on it, the minimum version of OS that contains the fix is 10.1.0.2050. (There are 2 version numbers with BlackBerry 10, "Software Release" and "OS" version. This refers to the latter.)
    06-30-13 11:54 AM
    According to the Blackberry knowledgebase article on it, the minimum version of OS that contains the fix is 10.1.0.2050. (There are 2 version numbers with BlackBerry 10, "Software Release" and "OS" version. This refers to the latter.)
    Thank you for your help! I'll have to call Rogers to see what the status of the update is. I don't know anyone who has a bb10 with that version of software. Hopefully they will have it available soon. I'll post the outcome in case it helps someone else. Cheers
    06-30-13 08:23 PM
    Well, Rogers finally pushed out the latest upgrade on Monday night. I upgraded on Tuesday, to version 10.1.0.4181 and I haven't had a restart yet. Everything is working as it should too, and it appears that my battery life is somewhat extended too. Thanks again for all your help, Omnitech!!
    08-03-13 05:55 AM
    I noticed that every time mine restart its because the phone was very hot.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 10:06 AM
    Please add mine to the list and it's either restarting or having network problems more especially during the night or weekends and this is boring me a lot. I have made up my mind now, I will never ever buy or use Blackberry again, i will give mine to niece and rather use Samsung or iPhone.
    08-04-14 02:24 AM
    Is there any known solutions for this random boot.
    My ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154 reboots at least once a week.
    Last edited by remailbox; 01-10-15 at 06:12 AM.
    01-10-15 05:57 AM
    I've had multiple random restarts, very very frustrating on what is otherwise a mint phone. I know this is gonna sound cynical, but every blackberry I've owned has some kinda fault with it.

Simply.not good enough from a high profile smartphone manufacturer. Rim get your act together!!!!!!! They've gotta work these bugs out or it'll put people off. Anyway rant over hahaha & I'm gonna try format my sd card see if that helps plus bung a fresh battery in for good measure while I'm at it.
    07-03-15 08:51 PM
    What OS macca? I had the issue with an old pre 10.3.x os but whatever release fixed it fixed it for good. Been a long time since my device rebooted on its own.
    07-03-15 10:20 PM
189 ... 678