I have a similar problem but it is not related to a password. It will randomly shutdown and reboot itself. Sometimes just a few times a day, and other times, it seems that it is every few hours. The only thing that I keep open is my Bluetooth. I also use the voice recognition function. Other than that, there seems to be a bug in the software. I just did the software update about a week ago the day after I got the phone.

Any suggestions anyone?

Recently "leaked" versions of new software for the Z10 seem to have made substantial progress on the "self-reboot" issue for most users.

So I would advise you to hang in there a little while longer, those versions are starting to be released by carriers this week. (The first one seems to be a carrier in Romania which recently released one containing OS version 10.1.0.2354)
    05-30-13 04:13 PM
    I had the rebooting problem. Went to my career. Seems they put the wrong Sims card in. I now have the right chip in my phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:09 PM
    I had the rebooting problem. Went to my career. Seems they put the wrong Sims card in. I now have the right chip in my phone.

Who is your carrier?
    05-30-13 09:17 PM
    I got my Blackberry Z10 a couple of weeks ago and I love it! I've had Blackberry's since 2006. I was disappointed when my new Z10 was rebooting all the time, but since reading here, at least I know that the developers are working on it. I did a wipe and reload on Wednesday and had at least 2 restarts over night. Yesterday I watched my phone all day at work & no restart. When I got home & connected to wi-fi, it restarted twice in one hour. I turned off wi-fi and haven't had a restart since. Maybe the problem lies somewhere in the wi-fi coding?
    Last edited by suzieq4242; 05-31-13 at 05:32 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    05-31-13 05:30 AM
    Recently "leaked" versions of new software for the Z10 seem to have made substantial progress on the "self-reboot" issue for most users.

So I would advise you to hang in there a little while longer, those versions are starting to be released by carriers this week. (The first one seems to be a carrier in Romania which recently released one containing OS version 10.1.0.2354)
    I have os.2354 and it did seem to help. But I just had a reboot a moment ago and I think I may have figured out the cause of the rebooting issue. I hope ppl at BlackBerry r following this thread.

Here's my hypothesis : the z10 reboots when there is a notification pending for a prolonged period and the notification times out itself.
    I've realized that my z10 reboots when I get an email and decide not to check the phone. Eventually the led stops then it reboots.

Posted via CB10
    NoAhB0Dy likes this.
    05-31-13 09:12 PM
    I have os.2354 and it did seem to help. But I just had a reboot a moment ago and I think I may have figured out the cause of the rebooting issue. I hope ppl at BlackBerry r following this thread.

Here's my hypothesis : the z10 reboots when there is a notification pending for a prolonged period and the notification times out itself.
    I've realized that my z10 reboots when I get an email and decide not to check the phone. Eventually the led stops then it reboots.

Posted via CB10
    Now this has to be the best hypothesis and logical explanation yet. We know it's software related (according to BlackBerry tech support) so this would actually make sense. Regardless, there's really no point in trying all these hardware related experiments as they can't possibly prove anything.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    05-31-13 09:29 PM

I think you are warm, if not hot.

There are many possible scenarios, but I do personally believe there is some sort of communications tie-in. Tickerguy has given what I consider to be the best technical evaluations, here is a recent example I presented as another possibility, especially since lately we have also seen problems develop with formerly working email connections:

Official: Verizon 10.1 Update Thread (Post #8578014)
    05-31-13 10:28 PM
    I am on 2354 too, but it only had restarted twice in a week. I think it has to be involved with lack of memory in a specific moment, therefore it restarts in order to release it

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's an interesting idea, mine rebooted at least 3 times overnight last night while it was charging and when I woke up there was a notification. You could be on to something there.
    06-03-13 08:32 AM
    Z10 auto restarts by itself-2013-06-03-15.46.36.png

Posted By Doofenschrmitz
    yalervp likes this.
    06-03-13 04:47 PM
    Negative. I watched mine restart itself sitting on my nightstand today. Not plugged into a charger, more than half full battery, phone is dead stock - no sideloaded apps. I've only had it a few days. I don't have a password set. It was sitting there with the screen off, and I happened to see out of the corner of my eye, the red LED light solid for a second or two, then the startup screen came on. Not cool!

By the way if you search here you'll find a LOT of people having this issue with the Z10. I seriously hope it's just an O/S problem that will be fixed very soon as updates come along.

Richard
    I've had the same issue. My Z10 will just reboot itself, by itself. It has been self-rebooting about every 2-3 days for a little more than a week. This happens when its idle, in use or charging. It doesn't seem to matter. I hope an update is near.
    06-07-13 10:24 AM
    Yet another thread about restarts. The fact is that it is a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:35 AM
    I hope an update is near.

There is a version that has been distributed in several countries so far that seems to fix the self-reboot issue for MOST people that had that problem previously.

So far I know of carriers in South Africa, UK, Romania and Germany that have released this update over the past 1-2 weeks.

You can also install it without your carrier's official support if you want, but I imagine most carriers will start releasing something of this generation very soon, if they have not already.
    06-08-13 02:03 AM
    The carriers are dreadful. If you wait for them, you will end up hating this device. Leak 2354 with radio file 1917 is the way to go for -400 series phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:41 AM
    Mine does with Endomondo running

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 08:55 AM
    The carriers are dreadful. If you wait for them, you will end up hating this device. Leak 2354 with radio file 1917 is the way to go for -400 series phones.

Posted via CB10
    I have the 10.1.0.273 software on my phone. I checked for updates and it says there's an update available. When I click "update" it runs and finishes, saying that the update was successful and the update is 1917, but when I checked for updates again, the same update is available. It doesn't seem to be saving the update. Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this situation? Thanks
    06-26-13 07:45 PM
    I have the 10.1.0.273 software on my phone. I checked for updates and it says there's an update available. When I click "update" it runs and finishes, saying that the update was successful and the update is 1917, but when I checked for updates again, the same update is available. It doesn't seem to be saving the update. Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this situation? Thanks

Generally on the small updates it's not any sort of OS update. An OS update is usually at least 75-100MB, and sometimes as large as 1000MB.

The usual reason for the small updates is the carrier re-pushing some enforced app or utility that you deleted. (ie visual voicemail, or twitter, or something like that)

What is your carrier?
    06-26-13 11:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100% with this, it solved the issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 08:21 AM
    Generally on the small updates it's not any sort of OS update. An OS update is usually at least 75-100MB, and sometimes as large as 1000MB.

The usual reason for the small updates is the carrier re-pushing some enforced app or utility that you deleted. (ie visual voicemail, or twitter, or something like that)

What is your carrier?
    I was mistaken on the update number. It was 1710 if I remember correctly. Anyway, my carrier is Rogers. What you said makes sense. I'm on my son's family plan and he had visual voicemail on the plan but I found out that visual vm isn't available for the z10 yet when I called to find out why I wasn't getting notification of vm messages. They removed the visual voicemail and added regular voicemail. Now I'm getting vm notifications, but now I also have this update that won't clear after I install it. Do you have any idea how I can get rid of the update that won't go away? I was hoping that it was an update to stop the rebooting problem, but looks like that's not the case. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    06-27-13 09:09 PM
    This has been an issue for the Z10 for a little while now. The 10.1 update is going to fix that in the next few days and/or within the next two weeks. I say 2 weeks because it seems as though all the carriers are now catching up a little more quickly than before.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:45 PM
    The leaked 10.2 update solved this problem for me. Build 100-3 on rogers

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:13 PM
    I was mistaken on the update number. It was 1710 if I remember correctly. Anyway, my carrier is Rogers. What you said makes sense. I'm on my son's family plan and he had visual voicemail on the plan but I found out that visual vm isn't available for the z10 yet when I called to find out why I wasn't getting notification of vm messages. They removed the visual voicemail and added regular voicemail. Now I'm getting vm notifications, but now I also have this update that won't clear after I install it. Do you have any idea how I can get rid of the update that won't go away? I was hoping that it was an update to stop the rebooting problem, but looks like that's not the case. Thanks for any help you can give me.

A couple of major Canadian carriers (Telus and Bell, I believe) have released a 10.1 update that should resolve the rebooting issue, but Rogers is not one of them yet, to my knowledge.

Re: the issue with an app that keeps saying an update is available, seems to be a common BB10 issue. I have it on mine too. In some cases the only thing that clears it, from what I've heard, is an OS wipe and reload.
    06-28-13 02:16 PM
    Never suffered a reboot until about today, when I got two back to back reboots. I'm running a solid 10.1.0.2354 os .1881 radio. Which I been running for a week now, now is the cause of the reboots da os or radio fault?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:29 PM
    Never suffered a reboot until about today, when I got two back to back reboots. I'm running a solid 10.1.0.2354 os .1881 radio. Which I been running for a week now, now is the cause of the reboots da os or radio fault?
    Could be various different things.

I suggest posting to one of the leak threads where more people have experience with the various idiosyncracies of the various leaks and permutations.
    Asael Olvera and Asael Olvera like this.
    06-28-13 03:00 PM
    A couple of major Canadian carriers (Telus and Bell, I believe) have released a 10.1 update that should resolve the rebooting issue, but Rogers is not one of them yet, to my knowledge.

Re: the issue with an app that keeps saying an update is available, seems to be a common BB10 issue. I have it on mine too. In some cases the only thing that clears it, from what I've heard, is an OS wipe and reload.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I thought I would probably have to do a wipe to get rid of the update issue. It's really strange though regarding the rebooting issue. My boyfriend has a bb10 on Bell. He got his a couple of weeks before I got mine. He has the same version of software that I have, so Rogers and Bell have both pushed out the same updates. He hasn't experienced any rebooting with his phone. Makes me wonder what the difference is. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm...
    06-28-13 08:21 PM
189 ... 5678