Be gentle with poor Stan...can't you see he's a Leafs fan?? Maybe he was dropped as a child...hard to say. Go Bruins!
    You guys are complaining about phones that reset and do t want to get another one. But I was dropped ?

Ironic

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 12:57 PM
    No fix in sight? BlackBerry acknowledged the issue and have said they are working on it. No fix in sight means BlackBerry now acknowledging the issue and knowing no one is working on it.

Posted via CB10

You should also go and try to buy up as many play books as you can as well...BlackBerry is on that fix as well for the update. they said it last summer.
    I don't care where you spend $$. Just don't botch about it when you can simply exchange it nor get something that need no complaining.

Oh and sg4 rebooting? Fixed already...Samsung and xda devs did it. BlackBerry users still waiting. Sammy dropped the s4 a lot after BlackBerry users started to complain

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:01 PM
    My phone reboots during the night when charging. Never during the day when off charger (well maybe 2x since I got it). It is a slight inconvenience for me but not worth giving up the device. I actually quite like it and having had enough experience with the iphone and android I prefer to wait this one out. I have been offered a replacement but what is the point? I opened a tickey with BB and they are aware and working on the issue. So unless it prevents me from using the device as intended, there's really no point in me worrying about it no mo.

Go Bruins!
    05-25-13 01:16 PM
    My phone reboots during the night when charging. Never during the day when off charger (well maybe 2x since I got it). It is a slight inconvenience for me but not worth giving up the device. I actually quite like it and having had enough experience with the iphone and android I prefer to wait this one out. I have been offered a replacement but what is the point? I opened a tickey with BB and they are aware and working on the issue. So unless it prevents me from using the device as intended, there's really no point in me worrying about it no mo.

Go Bruins!
    I think it's good BlackBerry users are starting to accept mediocrity. It will serve you all well with future releases

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:25 PM
    I think it's good BlackBerry users are starting to accept mediocrity. It will serve you all well with future releases

Posted via CB10
    I suppose you're right. If I wanted something perfect I guess I could go with a...oh wait...that doesn't exist yet.

Speaking of mediocrity, how are those Leafs doing?

Go Bruins
    05-25-13 01:34 PM
    I suppose you're right. If I wanted something perfect I guess I could go with a...oh wait...that doesn't exist yet.

Speaking of mediocrity, how are those Leafs doing?

Go Bruins
    Am not sure what the leafs have to do with your phone being mediocre?
    The difference between mediocre and perfect is a huge gap...filled by droids. not perfect but way more daily driver usable and they seem ton get love from dev's that don't get free phones to make a **** app.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:42 PM
    Had my z10 less than 12hrs now and just had my first random reboot...n:-( not pleased!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:05 PM
    Be gentle with poor Stan...can't you see he's a Leafs fan?? Maybe he was dropped as a child...hard to say. Go Bruins!
    Hahaha crap, I'm a habs fan. Bruins leafs and habs posts all in one thread. Oof! Lol! No hard feelings here.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:09 PM
    But I want to use the Z10. Samsung was fast with the S4, but slow with the Galaxy Nexus. I guess it all depends on why it's rebooting..

But seriously, your logic isn't valid for everyone. I want to use the z10!!! Simple as that. It's not cra pping out on me or anything. I enjoy using it very much, and it does the job well for me. That's what counts. What void do you think android will fill and why do you care? Sounds like you want to go android. If you do, great, I honestly don't care. But for me I don't want to go android and no, they fill no gaps for me. Android being perfect is probably the weirdest thing ive heard. Android is so far from perfect lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 03:14 PM
    All I was saying is that I want a phone that works. I know all phones are not perfect, but given my situation and having this same issue happen to me twice, yeah it's faaaar from perfect. However, I Need a phone preferably from the same company that I have stuck with for a few years. Do I really want to switch? No, I don't. I know what works for me and what I need my phone to do for me. Yes, I'm sure BlackBerry is aware of this and is Trying to find a reasonable solution, but who knows how long that will take. The Bold 9900 is Ok, but it lags, freezes, and it CANNOT charge with the USB port. It is Broken, the only way to charge the phone is by using it's charging contacts. So I cannot stay with my Bold 9900 for long because I can't even charge it when I leave the house because of the said reason.
    05-25-13 05:56 PM

Speaking of sticking with mediocrity, what are you doing here then?
    agp101 likes this.
    05-26-13 11:28 AM
    Speaking of sticking with mediocrity, what are you doing here then?
    Work mandates we all use these. I just need it to be a daily driver.maybe on 10.3 And yes..as long as I using a z10 I am accepting mediocrity ...or find a new IT guy.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:55 PM
    Work mandates we all use these. I just need it to be a daily driver.maybe on 10.3 And yes..as long as I using a z10 I am accepting mediocrity ...or find a new IT guy.

Posted via CB10
    So switch. There are plenty of mediocre things on other platforms as well. Just choose the one where the mediocrities are better suited for you...

I don't know why people think ios and android are perfect. They're at the top, but they still all have their issues. It's called choosing what's best for you.. I know I did. Your turn now..

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:04 PM
    Work mandates we all use these. I just need it to be a daily driver.maybe on 10.3

10.3?

Your boss must be proud of all the time you spend on your weekends researching how to make the best of the company-issued smartphone that you despise.
    05-26-13 06:37 PM
    Am not sure what the leafs have to do with your phone being mediocre?
    The difference between mediocre and perfect is a huge gap...filled by droids. not perfect but way more daily driver usable and they seem ton get love from dev's that don't get free phones to make a **** app.

Posted via CB10
    Can you go away please?

You need to hook a cable to your ear and flash your brain to new firmware that removes the troll.

~STV
    05-26-13 07:00 PM
    Loved the fix to remove trolls...just going to see if it works!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:59 AM
    open browser and go to file:///var/boottime.txt

bookmark it...
    According to this, "May 26 05:08:19 EDT 2013"

So while I was sleeping and the phone was charging...
    05-27-13 08:58 AM
    My phone had been restarting overnight dice I got it in march. Running the newest leak and have not had a reboot in days. Could be promising.....

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:22 AM
    So switch. There are plenty of mediocre things on other platforms as well. Just choose the one where the mediocrities are better suited for you...

I don't know why people think ios and android are perfect. They're at the top, but they still all have their issues. It's called choosing what's best for you.. I know I did. Your turn now..

Posted via CB10
    For us at work now it's BlackBerry only until this experiment fails. Mediocre wasn't pulling out the note2 to watch arrested development on Netflix last night. I will say I like how I can turn off the screen when hdmi is plugged into the BlackBerry but I can't do that on the note2. So I did find something BlackBerry did better.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:55 AM
    For us at work now it's BlackBerry only until this experiment fails. Mediocre wasn't pulling out the note2 to watch arrested development on Netflix last night. I will say I like how I can turn off the screen when hdmi is plugged into the BlackBerry but I can't do that on the note2. So I did find something BlackBerry did better.

Posted via CB10
    Which is an example of the note's mediocrity next to the z10's, as well as the z10's mediocrity next to the note. Personally I have a choice and I chose the Z10. You don't seem to have that luxury, but again the z10 is not a bad device, and you also have a note 2 which makes up for areas of the Z10 and vice versa as well. What's the problem you should be happy!

This is a good example of how smartphone mediocrities are suited differently depending on the person..
    Then again some people sideload Netflix and find nothing mediocre about it. They're satisfied with that experience. I would be if I watched Netflix, but I don't watch it. It's not most ideal, but it works just fine. In the end, if BlackBerry had a native Netflix app, chances are you would use it more often than your note because its hdmi experience is superior.. but for now that's not the case, so you have your note 2.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:52 AM
    Not just Netflix. BlackBerry need the business apps. There is such a short amount of them out its gross for a business device

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:56 AM
    Not just Netflix. BlackBerry need the business apps. There is such a short amount of them out its gross for a business device

Posted via CB10
    No idea on business apps because I don't use them, but the point is that we can ring around the rosey all day.

Business wise, BlackBerry 10 has bes and its whole infrastructure. That makes a great business phone from that standpoint. Something the note doesn't have.

The point, is that on almost every bullet point, we will be able to ring around the rosey endlessly and have the devices fill in each others mediocre gaps. Again, it depends on the needs of a person or a business, in order to put the mediocrities into perspective.. what you value in business apps somebody else might equally or even more highly value the proposition of BES in his enterprise. And of course, vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:06 PM
    From the Zed of Rockivy
    05-28-13 12:41 AM
    I have a similar problem but it is not related to a password. It will randomly shutdown and reboot itself. Sometimes just a few times a day, and other times, it seems that it is every few hours. The only thing that I keep open is my Bluetooth. I also use the voice recognition function. Other than that, there seems to be a bug in the software. I just did the software update about a week ago the day after I got the phone.

Any suggestions anyone?
    05-29-13 10:52 AM
    According to var/boottime.txt on my phone, it restarts when charging every morning between 7:00am and 7:40am. It's done that all week, every day. So far this week it hasn't restarted on me during the day, so there's that.
    05-30-13 03:52 PM
189 ... 45678