It's so not network related because I get reboots even whilst in airplane mode.

It's either software or hardware but I'm inclined to say the former, because first of all, BlackBerry addressed the issue as being a software issue. 2nd of all, frequency and behaviour of reboots changed for almost everyone after the 10.1 update; the only variable that changed was the software. Some had better reboot performance some worse. Mine is worse as it's daily now instead of every 3-4 days.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:22 PM
    Hmmm ok well my Z10 restarted itself twice again in less than 5 minutes and I was only listening to music.
    05-22-13 12:03 AM
    Hmmm ok well my Z10 restarted itself twice again in less than 5 minutes and I was only listening to music.
    If I'm on car charger and listening to tunes over bt it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll see a reboot and a firey hot z10.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    05-22-13 06:34 PM
    Well the phone was in my pocket when I heard my bt disconnect itself. I pull out my phone and notice the reboot screen. Man blackberry really needs to fix this or I might switch. I mean third times the charm if I go that route...mm but even then the 10.1 doesn't fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:35 PM
    So BlackBerry support looked at my logs and confirmed that it is a software issue that will be addressed in a future update. No eta but check for updates periodically.

So there you have it.

05-22-13 10:45 PM
    So BlackBerry support looked at my logs and confirmed that it is a software issue that will be addressed in a future update. No eta but check for updates periodically.

So there you have it.

Yeah they've said as much already. I just hope this update comes sooner rather than later. This is a priority fix IMO. Really don't want to live with reboots for half a year.. especially considering upgrades are every 2 years and that means you spent 25% of your time with the phone with a reboot problem. I don't like that very much at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:20 AM
    Not sure if this is relevant or not but after upgrading to 10.1 I now always have "No information available" in the Boot time field. Now I only know it has rebooted when applications are closed or bedside mode is off in the morning.
    05-23-13 07:00 AM
    Sometimes knowing about the "working" devices can be helpful. No reboot ever to my knowledge, I'm on Fido. I have never used the Z10 charger, the cable and ac adapter are still packaged from the factory. I am using my 9790 and Playbook chargers.
    Ditto...except for the PlayBook part. first one was Bell .... reboots... Second one Fido...not one reboot..and I also don't use the charger it came with...never yet.
    Everyone switch to fill and see if that works.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:07 AM
    Not sure if this is relevant or not but after upgrading to 10.1 I now always have "No information available" in the Boot time field. Now I only know it has rebooted when applications are closed or bedside mode is off in the morning.
    I just checked mine and it's also saying "No information available".
    05-23-13 12:03 PM
    I just checked mine and it's also saying "No information available".
    open browser and go to file:///var/boottime.txt

bookmark it...
    RD9700 likes this.
    05-23-13 03:21 PM
    Verizon Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.1756 here.

On the original OS (10.0.9.x) I was getting several restarts a day, both while charging and while not. I also noticed reboots while it was sitting next to me as well as while being used. Back at this original OS I also happened to be awake to notice it reboot more than once at pretty much the same time in the early AM, down to a few minutes if that.

Now I'm on 10.1 the reboots have gotten a lot less and according to the boottime.txt file it doesn't seem to be happening overnight anymore, however, I have had some reboots while using during the day.

Today, while working on an app, I opened the SSH console from momentics to debug a cascades / C++ app and pasted a command into the console that I use to filter the log output and boom... it restarted. It wasn't being charged and was connected to momentics via wifi, not USB.

I've been having an even tougher time lately with severe battery drain. I get about 3 hrs max from a full charge. I've even wiped and reloaded to no avail.

Hope BlackBerry get to the bottom of these issues soon. On the old BBOS we has tools that we could use to keep an eye on CPU and memory usage, plus the event viewer for issues that would possibly help with tracking down issues like the rebooting. I hope these things come back.

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:44 PM
    Well today was weird. It rebooted itself while it was charging while I was asleep. I knew it had rebooted because my bedside mode shade screen was not enabled and so I heard a notification. Then this morning while on the way to school, I notice my phone 's LED was blinking red, meaning bricked. I tried pressing the power button, then swiping nothing worked. Fortunately, the phone restarted again, butI am getting really ticked that this issue still has not been solved.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 06:35 PM
    WELL I guess I will be on my 3rd replacement soon!!!! I'm reallly mad!!!!
    05-24-13 07:27 PM
    I'm not sure if replacements solve the issue.. feels like a waste of time to me so I don't bother.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:52 PM
    I'm not sure if replacements solve the issue.. feels like a waste of time to me so I don't bother.

Posted via CB10
    Well some people are "claiming" that the new 10.1. link that Ibfe and Kris have given out in their forum fixes the reboot. Hey, 3rd time is the charm...if The new phone causes the Same problem then I have no choice but to Switch.
    05-25-13 12:46 AM
    Well some people are "claiming" that the new 10.1. link that Ibfe and Kris have given out in their forum fixes the reboot. Hey, 3rd time is the charm...if The new phone causes the Same problem then I have no choice but to Switch.
    what if it's not a hardware issue? BlackBerry stated it is software. That's why exchanging your device doesn't solve anything. The problem is not the phone. What a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:22 AM
    what if it's not a hardware issue? BlackBerry stated it is software. That's why exchanging your device doesn't solve anything. The problem is not the phone. What a waste of time.

Posted via CB10
    Why not just get a phone that works?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 08:37 AM
    Why not just get a phone that works?

Posted via CB10
    Because the phone works. The software doesn't. As you can see from most people's results, newly exchanged phones don't resolve the problem. It's software.....................

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 10:29 AM
    Because the phone works. The software doesn't. As you can see from most people's results, newly exchanged phones don't resolve the problem. It's software.....................

Posted via CB10
    so the software isnt part of the phone? again, get a phone that works. And seing as a z10 isnt dual bootable...the software is the phone.
    05-25-13 10:43 AM
    so the software isnt part of the phone? again, get a phone that works. And seing as a z10 isnt dual bootable...the software is the phone.
    Huh? Do you mean a phone other than BlackBerry? Can you please be more specific........

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 11:00 AM
    Huh? Do you mean a phone other than BlackBerry? Can you please be more specific........

Posted via CB10
    sure..anything that works. than you wont need to ***** about rebooting. if this was an android phone you had doing this you would have turfed it by now and come back here telling us all how **** the android experience was and how your glad to be back on blackberry.

well....coin is flipped. you have a phone that keeps rebooting and no fix in sight. so why not get one that works...oh wait,. it works.. just reboots. so maybe that sall blackberry needs to do in future..put out mediocre phones . You seem like you will keep on using it even if it isnt optimal just so you can keep using a blackberry.

And that is sad.
    05-25-13 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 owner for 3 weeks now. Restarts after closing for charge. Always!

Posted by kevin2b-quebec
    05-25-13 11:46 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 owner for 3 weeks now. Restarts after closing for charge. Always!

Posted by kevin2b-quebec
    are you saying that when you turn it off and recharge it it starts up again? Thats normal for bb. as soon as you put in a battery it starts up
    05-25-13 12:02 PM
    sure..anything that works. than you wont need to ***** about rebooting. if this was an android phone you had doing this you would have turfed it by now and come back here telling us all how **** the android experience was and how your glad to be back on blackberry.

well....coin is flipped. you have a phone that keeps rebooting and no fix in sight. so why not get one that works...oh wait,. it works.. just reboots. so maybe that sall blackberry needs to do in future..put out mediocre phones . You seem like you will keep on using it even if it isnt optimal just so you can keep using a blackberry.

And that is sad.
    Ive seen androids reboot as well. My gfs galaxy nexus rebooted first couple months until a fix was released. If you search for the S4, you'll find similar complaints. Almost for any phone, there are always some that reboot.

No fix in sight? BlackBerry acknowledged the issue and have said they are working on it. No fix in sight means BlackBerry now acknowledging the issue and knowing no one is working on it.
    The Z10 and BlackBerry is optimal for me. You seem to think other phones are perfect, they're not. Not for me, anyway. Thanks but, I'll spend my hard earned money however I'd like to. I appreciate your concern for my finances though. Always nice to have a friend looking out for me.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-25-13 12:48 PM
    Be gentle with poor Stan...can't you see he's a Leafs fan?? Maybe he was dropped as a child...hard to say. Go Bruins!
    05-25-13 12:52 PM
189 ... 34567 ...