I'm on 10.1 and so far I've had a reboot while charging overnight every night since, whereas as before it would only reboot once every 3 days. I'm getting around 2 per day now. With the old os though, I remarked that the longer you use it, the less frequently it happened. At the beginning it would be at least daily and then it moved on to every 3 days. Now I'm back to daily again. Nothing much we can do at all..

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:39 AM
    So can anyone 100% say they have seen it happen while *not* charging? (10.1 only please)

@agp101: how do you know it's only once? In my case, I can check my dhcp server logs and see how many times my device has asked for an address. Last night was 4 - all while charging. I just can't remember ever having it happen when not charging.
    05-17-13 01:15 PM
    I don't know it's only once. Last night I know it happened at least twice because I woke up in the middle of the night to find it rebooted and when I woke up also. When in class though I was charging my phone and it didn't reboot once all the way to 100%. The reboot issue will always remain a mystery until BlackBerry fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 04:04 PM
    I understand the desire to look for this cause or that cause, but to add info to the mix, I'm not on BES.

Richard
    05-17-13 08:21 PM
    It has Never rebooted on me WHILE charging.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:59 PM
    It has Never rebooted on me WHILE charging.

Posted via CB10
    1) has it ever rebooted on you?

2) any android ports? Sideloads?

3) bes?

4) care to list apps installed?

Thanks...

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    05-17-13 10:56 PM
    1) has it ever rebooted on you?

2) any android ports? Sideloads?

3) bes?

4) care to list apps installed?

Thanks...

1) has it ever rebooted on you? - Yes, one time a few weeks ago...and TWICE in one day in less than 5 minutes.

2) any android ports? Sideloads? - Yes a few

3) bes? - Nope

4) care to list apps installed? - Which? the sideload ones?
    05-17-13 11:26 PM
    Screenshots of your installed apps and a list of sideloads would be awesome. I want to compare what a non rebooting z10 looks like.

05-17-13 11:39 PM
    It's irrelevant what a non rebooting z10 looks like because many of them, mine included, rebooted with factory settings the first day I got the phone with absolutely nothing installed. This is a losing battle, my friend. There's another thread with 800+ replies that has gotten absolutely nowhere.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:42 AM
    How about a new twist? No changes made, Z10 locked completely up, dark screen, as if it was powered off. Had to do a battery pull to get it to come back to life. Happened while I was listening to an MP3, the music stopped, phone totally unresponsive. After the battery pull it worked a little while longer and did it again.

AND, it did another restart last night, probably 8 or 9 hours before this lockup B.S.

I may have to change my sig soon. I REALLY like this phone but these intermittent, inexplicable problems are getting to be more than just a little bit annoying. Again this is an AT&T Z10, bone stock other than 32gb Sandisk microSD. No sideloaded apps. In fact NO apps downloaded at all, period, it's still the factory load. Have not updated to 10.1. Not on BES. Yada yada.

I dunno. I guess I can put up with it as no phone is perfect, as long as it doesn't get worse / start happening more often. But I do believe I'll have to quit attempting to get others interested in the phone, for fear of their wrath if / when it starts screwing up on them, too. Not good Blackberry; your devoted customers are vitally important non-compensated salespeople!!

Richard
    05-18-13 08:28 AM
    It's irrelevant what a non rebooting z10 looks like because many of them, mine included, rebooted with factory settings the first day I got the phone with absolutely nothing installed. This is a losing battle, my friend. There's another thread with 800+ replies that has gotten absolutely nowhere.

Posted via CB10
    I'm more referring to 10.1 now as the problem seems to be, at least from what I can tell, much much worse. In my situation it only happens when charging but it's now multiple times every night instead of once every few nights.

Also, unless you took your device out of the box and plugged it in to charge and it rebooted that way, then your statement about irrelevant is invalid. By that I mean no carrier sim, no wifi enabled, no accounts setup, nothing. It would have to be clean and inactive. That would be the true starting point.

I'm just trying to gather some information because I'm a troubleshooter and the more details I can gather, the better I can hopefully try to understand it.

05-18-13 08:31 AM
    Well that was a 5-restart night! Maybe cuz it's Saturday and I got to sleep in a little so she had extra time to mess around
    05-18-13 09:25 AM
    I had at least one reboot last night again. Hate finding my phone out of bedside mode when I wake up. Since I run battery guru I could at least tell when the first reboot occurred. In my case it was at 7am which is pretty late into the night, or morning lol.

Anyway, I'm just putting it out there that the probability that you discover the cause is very very low. This has been discussed to death and the fact that it is not yet fixed only affirms the assumption that it is not obvious from a user standpoint. This could lie anywhere in the code of the OS, somewhere we may not even have any scope to even get anywhere close to the root of the problem. The odds are just not on your side by a long shot, but if you do find out, then I'll be ecstatic.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:33 PM
    Lol..I don't expect to solve it...just like to troubleshoot this stuff...
    05-18-13 01:15 PM
    I had at least one reboot last night again. Hate finding my phone out of bedside mode when I wake up. Since I run battery guru I could at least tell when the first reboot occurred. In my case it was at 7am which is pretty late into the night, or morning lol.

Anyway, I'm just putting it out there that the probability that you discover the cause is very very low. This has been discussed to death and the fact that it is not yet fixed only affirms the assumption that it is not obvious from a user standpoint. This could lie anywhere in the code of the OS, somewhere we may not even have any scope to even get anywhere close to the root of the problem. The odds are just not on your side by a long shot, but if you do find out, then I'll be ecstatic.

Posted via CB10
    Charging with the stock charger? Can you list all the apps you installed from BlackBerry world?
    05-18-13 02:47 PM
    I have went almost two weeks without a restart and today I had one while using BBM on one of my chat groups.

I going to stick with BlackBerry but I sure hope someone in Waterloo is working on a solution for this problem? It's been over a month since this product was launched and I haven't seen anything at my end?

Hell, we are supposed to be the world's largest smartphone market and we will be the last to get the 10.1 update because we are at the mercy of these ****** carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:43 PM
    Charging with the stock charger? Can you list all the apps you installed from BlackBerry world?
    yes with the stock charger. And no I will not name every app I have installed since I have many, and to be frank the apps installed aren't really the issue since I and many others have had restarts when first receiving the phone, without any additional apps installed. Also, charger type so does not cause reboots anyways. It's just electrical current at certain amperages, all of which the phone controls anyway. There aren't different "brands" of electricity. Nothing has been associated ever on these forums with reboots. There are no variables we are able to associate with reboots. We have nothing. Everyone is just speculating out of their as ses with this reboot issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 05:37 PM
    Screenshots of your installed apps and a list of sideloads would be awesome. I want to compare what a non rebooting z10 looks like.

ALSO last night it DID actually reboot on me While Charging, so I pretty much jinxed myself LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 auto restarts by itself-img_00000275.jpg   Z10 auto restarts by itself-img_00000276.jpg   Z10 auto restarts by itself-img_00000277.jpg   Z10 auto restarts by itself-img_00000278.jpg  
    05-19-13 10:55 AM
    Mine actually rebooted 2x yesterday while off charger...I am submitting logs to Rogers to escalate to BB.
    05-21-13 01:53 PM
    Over the weekend mine rebooted on me several times, once while browsing the web, once a few minutes after plugging it into a charger, and once while it was just sitting beside me not doing anything.

It always comes back on, but maybe it's just a bad batch of devices? I've asked others in my company testing out the phones and they haven't had the restarting issues. I'm on Rogers in Canada as well.
    05-21-13 02:38 PM
    Well duh for me...I just found out that my BB support code is also good for handhelds and not just BES! Needless to say I just opened a case for the random reboots.
    05-21-13 02:49 PM
    My phone is fine. Its sad to hear though about all these random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 02:50 PM
    My phone is fine. Its sad to hear though about all these random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    Umm not to rude but why are you on here if you are not experiencing any issues?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 03:54 PM
    Umm not to rude but why are you on here if you are not experiencing any issues?

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes knowing about the "working" devices can be helpful. No reboot ever to my knowledge, I'm on Fido. I have never used the Z10 charger, the cable and ac adapter are still packaged from the factory. I am using my 9790 and Playbook chargers.
    05-21-13 05:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm incredibly sorry to say +1 this.

T-Mobile Z10, factory settings, fresh wipe, Wi-Fi on being the only modification, rebooted within 6 hours.

~STV
    agp101 likes this.
    05-21-13 05:48 PM
189 ... 23456 ...