My brother's rebooted last night. He is on Verizon. Mine rebooted last night as well. I'm on AT&T. I found out about his reboot this morning.

I was only sending text messages & reading Twitter. I sat it down next to me. I saw the led light up, I went to check what came in...then I noticed it was rebooting.

I have had / noticed the Z10 reboot three times since I got it Monday a week ago...

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:01 AM
    BlackBerry called me back less than 24 hours later. Issue has been assigned a development ticket by BlackBerry. Definitive software issue for OS 10.0.9.422 on Verizon. They said I would get a call back tomorrow with an update. No ETA yet on release to Verizon. I have to say once you get past Verizon tech support and to BlackBerry, they have been awesome and kept me up to date.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:05 PM
    I also have a case open with BlackBerry support. I've uploaded logs and am waiting for the response. I've wiped my device to no avail. My Verizon phone has rebooted a total of 7-8 times since it came out.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:51 PM
    I haven't scanned the forums (too many variations restart, reset, reboot, etc. to try for) but I see this particular thread has kind of died out. Coincidentally, my Z10 hasn't restarted itself since 04-07, a week ago. I've done nothing different, it just quit happening. I wonder if BB was pushing out updates and that their support hasn't responded as such is just an internal communication problem at BB? Just a guess. In case I didn't state it in my earlier post, Z10 STL100-3, AT&T, software release 10.0.10.88, OS version 10.0.10.684

I do have a 32gb Sandisk card in it for my music, originally formatted on my 9800 Torch, just moved it over w/o reformat or recopy. I never leave any apps up, just not a habit of mine, RE: the responders that thought maybe a particular app was causing it.

Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying it hasn't restarted itself for a week but overall I have to say I am very happy with this phone. Yeah; the battery life could be better, but I guess the phone would have to be a little thicker/larger to get more battery in there. I think the size is "just right" any larger and it would be clunky like most of the popular Androids.

Richard
    04-14-13 05:53 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but, there is a thread about this here... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=790724

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:22 PM
    Mine rebooted today for the second time. I only noticed because my phone had been on a table and I picked it up and that pretty blue BlackBerry "loading" screen on startup was running. So far this hasn't happened to me when I've been using the phone, so it hasn't annoyed me yet..
    04-14-13 06:48 PM
    At night I turned off the phone and never had any reboot since day 1 - Feb 5
    No encryption on phone or sd card which is scan disk 64 gb class 10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Alain_A; 04-15-13 at 07:14 AM.
    04-14-13 07:45 PM
    Mine reboot last night for the first time in a while...difference being I was down to only 2 sideloaded apps (Pandora and TweetCaster) and haven't actually launched them in a while. Yesterday I sideloaded Netflix and tried it. Magically my device rebooted last night.

I am going to leave the sideloaded apps on and just not use them to see if this makes any difference...
    04-22-13 08:29 AM
    There is no rhyme or reason for it. It an Os issue and eventually they will address it. I phone and android does that to now and then. Blackberry just very often evidently.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:26 AM
    There is no rhyme or reason for it. It an Os issue and eventually they will address it. I phone and android does that to now and then. Blackberry just very often evidently.

Posted via CB10
    Never had a reboot once since Feb 5th

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-22-13 10:05 AM
    Never had a reboot once since Feb 5th

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    Have you side loaded anything?

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    04-22-13 10:34 AM
    Yep. I side load a lot.

Vevo, fruit slice, marble blast, and a whole bunch more. Deleted most of the Crappy ones.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-22-13 04:35 PM
    Yep. I side load a lot.

Vevo, fruit slice, marble blast, and a whole bunch more. Deleted most of the Crappy ones.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    Maybe specific apps might be causing it...regardless at least I know I hadn't rebooted since dropping down to the 2 sideloads I had until I added Netflix. I will let them sit dormant for a few days and see what happens. Then, if no reboots, I'll launch Netflix again and see if it happens.
    04-22-13 07:31 PM
    Hope it works out for u

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-22-13 10:57 PM
    I have Verizon as well and after attempting to utlize the Backup Plus Contacts app (which still doesn't work), I deleted it. Up until then, I hadn't had any auto reboots, but that's when I noticed mine started doing it (after I deleted it). After I reinstalled it, hasn't done it again (at least not while I'm awake). Not sure if this is the culprit or not but might give you something to go off of.
    04-23-13 11:40 AM
    I haven't scanned the forums (too many variations restart, reset, reboot, etc. to try for) but I see this particular thread has kind of died out. Coincidentally, my Z10 hasn't restarted itself since 04-07, a week ago. I've done nothing different, it just quit happening. I wonder if BB was pushing out updates and that their support hasn't responded as such is just an internal communication problem at BB? Just a guess. In case I didn't state it in my earlier post, Z10 STL100-3, AT&T, software release 10.0.10.88, OS version 10.0.10.684

I do have a 32gb Sandisk card in it for my music, originally formatted on my 9800 Torch, just moved it over w/o reformat or recopy. I never leave any apps up, just not a habit of mine, RE: the responders that thought maybe a particular app was causing it.

Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying it hasn't restarted itself for a week but overall I have to say I am very happy with this phone. Yeah; the battery life could be better, but I guess the phone would have to be a little thicker/larger to get more battery in there. I think the size is "just right" any larger and it would be clunky like most of the popular Androids.

Richard
    So after that little bout of random reboots in April, it looks like I went almost 5 weeks without any. A few nights ago, March 11th - right around midnight, while I was on a call, it rebooted. In fact it rebooted several times, which was unusual compared to previous behavior, prompting me to do a battery pull on the phone. Once it came up from the battery pull it still rebooted. I thought the phone had croaked on me and was very unhappy. It rebooted maybe a total of 4 or 5 times then it quit doing it...and hasn't done it since. Specs haven't changed - Z10 STL100-3, AT&T, software release 10.0.10.88, OS version 10.0.10.684, haven't added any apps, etc.

Richard
    05-15-13 10:20 AM
    Just got a new z10 and every time I'm listening to media it restarts and now when the phone turns back on the stupid voice mail notification is stuck I have to call myself leave a voice mail hear it for it to go away... terrible hassle my old z10 restarted like 3 times EVER and I had that one since March 31 already had 3 random restarts on this brand new z10 same model same carrier same apps no side loading... all bad BlackBerry :'(

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 10:44 AM
    so....do we start a new thread for this for 10.1? Seems much worse now...multiple restarts during the night while charging. It doesn't seem to happen when not charging for me.
    05-16-13 08:43 AM
    so....do we start a new thread for this for 10.1? Seems much worse now...multiple restarts during the night while charging. It doesn't seem to happen when not charging for me.
    Yes, I can confirm that since upgrading to 10.1 I suddenly have the reboot issue, too. T-Mobile Germany, running BES. Could it be that the BES admins trigger the reboot? I found 3 apps deleted on work side and a new background picture after the first reboot.
    T.
    05-17-13 05:41 AM
    I've had my Z10 for roughly three weeks and I can confirm at least four times when it randomly rebooted on me.

1) I was typing an e-mail and swiping up a word. Froze, red LED came on and it rebooted.
    2) Opened the camera to take a picture. Froze, red LED came on and it rebooted.
    3) Plugged into charger, noticed 5 minutes later or so that the BlackBerry load screen was on. It had rebooted.
    4) Having a BBM conversation, was opening the chat window. Froze, red LED and rebooted. Battery was very hot this time.

Those are the ones I remember. It's not happening very often, but it's mildly annoying and is something that shouldn't happen. I updated to 10.1.0.273 last night and hope the reboot problem gets better, not worse. I actually really like this phone and want BB to be successful, so stuff like this can't happen if you want the general public to use your product.

Edit: Remembered to note that I do NOT side load apps.
    05-17-13 08:53 AM
    @can00k: Are you on BES?

@Troglodyten: I was also starting to wonder if this may be BES related.

I have had random restarts all along, however, I could go days without it happening. Since 10.1, it happens every night but to the best of my knowledge, has only happened when charging. I have tried various different charging methods with the same results.

I reloaded the OS, then wiped and reloaded and then reloaded again.

Some people have no issues at all, but I know for fact based on my dhcp server at home that I rebooted 4 times over night. If I'm not charging, I have no issue whatsoever (at least as far as I can remember)

I tried calling Rogers about this and they wanted to either repair or replace under warranty. I have already had this device replaced and have no desire to get a new PIN again. I told them I would rather have this escalated to BlackBerry.

Being that I am BES admin and have an existing ticket open with them on a separate issue I am going to try and piggyback on that ticket and squeeze this in as a "BES issue" and see where that goes.
    05-17-13 09:28 AM
    @can00k: Are you on BES?
    Mine is a company phone connected to Exchange 2010 via ActiveSync. We have BES 5 (obviously not relevant to my Z10), but no BES 10 (yet).
    05-17-13 09:40 AM
    Great thanks for clarifying. Can you comment on whether or not it happens when charging?
    05-17-13 09:42 AM
    Great thanks for clarifying. Can you comment on whether or not it happens when charging?
    It has happened a few times while charging, yes.
    05-17-13 10:09 AM
    Auto... by itself hmmm
    05-17-13 10:12 AM
189 12345 ...