Mine has done it 3 times now. One it was plugged in getting recharged, the other 2 times I am questioning since it was in my pocket. I dont use the pw option only to sideload a few apps. I dont think sideloading was an issue. the one time it was charging is really what makes me think something else is going on.
    04-06-13 09:13 PM
    having to enter your password does not mean it restarted

it just means that you have set the password time out to a certain interval. Mine is set to one hour (rarely do I enter it because please, who doesnt touch their phone for an hour )
    04-06-13 09:18 PM
    Mine is definitely rebooting. I've seen it go through the boot sequence.

The further problem is that sometimes, after rebooting, the swipe to unlock feature wakes the screen, but the password prompt never appears, and the keyboard never pops up, so there's no way to log into the device other than another reboot.
    04-06-13 09:36 PM
    I have the device now for 3 days. restarted now every night and 2 times while using BBM
    Anybody a clue what is coausing this?
    04-07-13 07:50 AM
    @zavar, do you have media card encryption enabled?
    No, device and media card encryption are both turned off. My device restarted again this morning while it was in the holster. No idea why it keeps doing this.
    04-07-13 09:15 AM
    Twice in a row it restarts while charging very late in the morning. Around 11 am. That really sucks because it brings it right out of bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:06 AM
    Mine did that the first week about two or three times but since then I haven't had any. I think when I left it on constantly the phone wanted to reboot, but since I power it down once in while, it doesn't do it any longer.

Posted via CB10
    Lalabum likes this.
    04-07-13 11:41 AM
    BlackBerry is aware of the random reboots. There is an oben investigation Post in blackberry knowledge base

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-07-13 02:00 PM
    No, device and media card encryption are both turned off. My device restarted again this morning while it was in the holster. No idea why it keeps doing this.
    Just curious how long did you set the "Lock Device After" in the Security settings?

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    04-07-13 02:52 PM
    I've had the issue and I understand those who are mentioning having to enter the password as well. If you turn of your Lock Device After... it will turn it back on upon reboot. So if you pick up your device and you have to unlock it to use it but you didn't turn on the device lock it's a clear indicator that it has rebooted while you weren't looking.

My Z10 has rebooted itself a number of times in various situations (I got it yesterday).

It rebooted while I was browsing the internet (after freezing).
    It rebooted just sitting on the couch with nothing touching it.
    It rebooted when I put it down next to my PlayBook, and my PlayBook woke from sleep mode.
    It rebooted randomly overnight which brought it out of bedside mode and scared the crap out of me when alerts started going off.

Each time it rebooted it activated my Device Lock which I never turned on to begin with and specifically turned off after each reboot. I hadn't even set a password which worried me the first time because I put in the wrong thing twice and you get that scary wipe countdown. It turned out to be the password I used for my BberryID.
    04-07-13 10:05 PM
    I get a random shutdown once a day. Usually...after sending a text, and it freezes. Couple times it happens just sitting there.
    04-07-13 10:26 PM
    Just curious how long did you set the "Lock Device After" in the Security settings?

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    Device and work space lock (I'm on a BES) both set to 30 minutes.

To confirm if your device is rebooting, check under Settings/About in the Hardware category. At the very bottom, below the battery charge level it will show the day and time of the last restart.
    04-08-13 01:17 AM
    Device and work space lock (I'm on a BES) both set to 30 minutes.

To confirm if your device is rebooting, check under Settings/About in the Hardware category. At the very bottom, below the battery charge level it will show the day and time of the last restart.
    Curious...if you set your device/work space lock to 15 minutes and restart the device, does it reset the device back to 30 minutes? I have my BDS setting forcing 30 minute max and I have found that if I restart my device, my device lock *always* goes back to 30 minutes, no matter what I had set it to.
    04-08-13 08:19 AM
    Mine restarted itself again overnight, and it reinstalled some apps that I had decided to remove. They were 3rd party apps I had installed earlier.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 08:44 AM
    Mine restarted itself again overnight, and it reinstalled some apps that I had decided to remove. They were 3rd party apps I had installed earlier.

Posted via CB10
    Lol that's true Artificial Intelligence.
    Did you find it playing games without you when you woke up?
    04-08-13 11:06 AM
    Curious...if you set your device/work space lock to 15 minutes and restart the device, does it reset the device back to 30 minutes? I have my BDS setting forcing 30 minute max and I have found that if I restart my device, my device lock *always* goes back to 30 minutes, no matter what I had set it to.
    I just tried changing both lock times and restarting. My changes stayed and weren't reset. This may be a BDS policy that's doing it for your device, my company is currently testing the devices and our BDS is pretty much wide open at the moment.
    04-08-13 11:12 AM
    I just tried changing both lock times and restarting. My changes stayed and weren't reset. This may be a BDS policy that's doing it for your device, my company is currently testing the devices and our BDS is pretty much wide open at the moment.
    I believe you have to have the policy set to force the work password on the device as well. I opened a ticket on this and it is looking like the IT Policy takes over the device password timeout setting. I have BDS enforcing 30 minutes but user-selected a 15 minute timeout for both. A reboot leaves balance at 15 minutes but resets device back to 30 minutes. Seems kinda wrong to me...
    04-08-13 04:07 PM
    I've had multiple random reboots daily since getting phone eight days again. Brought phone back to Verizon and exchanged for new one yesterday at 9am. Now 25 hours later and one reboot about 10 hours in. I then took SD card out of phone and no reboots since. I'm wondering if this could be the issue. We wait and see for another 48 hours. If no reboots then safe to assume it was the card. Verizon said that class 6 cards may cause problems and suggested class 2. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    Toshiba cards from my experience isn't very good. I'm using a SanDisk 64gb class 10 and there's no reboots.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:10 AM
    I've had multiple random reboots daily since getting phone eight days again. Brought phone back to Verizon and exchanged for new one yesterday at 9am. Now 25 hours later and one reboot about 10 hours in. I then took SD card out of phone and no reboots since. I'm wondering if this could be the issue. We wait and see for another 48 hours. If no reboots then safe to assume it was the card. Verizon said that class 6 cards may cause problems and suggested class 2. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    What OS? I'm on 10.0.10.85. Works awesome no reboots

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-09-13 12:29 AM
    Reboots started up again so it's not SD card. OS 10.0.9.422. If you are on this version with Verizon, you need to start with Verizon tech support and get to level 2 support at blackberry. Once you get there, you get someone that seemingly cares. My diagnostic report was taken from phone and forwarded to development. I'm supposed to get a call back from blackberry 24 to 48 hours later. The only way for your diagnostic report to get to blackberry is if they ask you to send it because they need to give you an incident number to input. Just because you turn it on doesn't mean it's being sent to them. It only goes if you send it with their provided incident number.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:00 AM
    BTW, right after I hit post to send the above, I got another random reboot.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:04 AM
    Talked to BlackBerry tech support and they simply told me to go to Verizon and exchange the phone. No logs and no waiting.
    We shall see how this new one does. Did not reboot over night.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 07:09 AM
    I had this restarting problem once or twice a day. I exchanged the phone at the AT&T store and the new one has been fine now for 4 days. I think I had defective hardware causing the problem.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:15 AM
    I'm on my third Verizon phone which is why I called Verizon and BlackBerry. I suspect that when if I got a fourth, it would do the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:47 AM
    I've done some unscientific experiments to determine the auto restarts.

If I leave BeWeather Pro running in an active frame overnight, my Z10 will reboot some time during the night. If I don't have it running in an active frame, it doesn't reboot. That's the only app I leave in an active frame.

I'm going to run a different app in an active frame tonight to see what happens.
    04-09-13 09:30 AM
189 1234 ...