Is it only me, but does anyone's z10 auto restarts by itself? i found it strange because i had to enter my password again after maybe 20-30 mins of non usage
    03-11-13 11:24 PM
    Mine did that to, but it fixed itself when I switched batteries.
    03-11-13 11:28 PM
    damm, this phone is giving me so much problems
    03-11-13 11:31 PM
    It did that for me as well. And also turned of randomly. But this only happened when I had my PlayBook premium charger plugged in. When I changed chargers it never happened to me again.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:34 PM
    Hope they fix this soon, getting on my nerves

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:37 PM
    No i never had that problem with mine, maybe you should take it back and have them replace it for you
    03-11-13 11:42 PM
    Maybe you side loaded some ****ty android apps

Posted via CB10
    kingofthievesNL likes this.
    03-12-13 12:00 AM
    Ok guys, solved the problem, it has to do with the option of locking the phone after 10/20/30/1 hour, For those who didnt experience this, it might be because you did not set a password for your device, thus the comment above by dave where by "Maybe you side loaded some ****ty andriod app" because to go to development mode, you would have to create a pw for the phone.

So in conclusion, i think the z10 doesnt auto restart, but it just locks itself and a pw is needed to open the phone
    PHughes and SK122387 like this.
    03-12-13 02:49 AM
    I know the hardware buttons don't always lock when the screen is off or device locked.
    So volume keys are still active.
    And I know when I accidentally press the power button at the top when pushing the device into the holster, even for a brief few seconds, the phone often powers off.
    Might be that.
    03-12-13 03:42 AM
    I also had the phone restart a couple of times and I run totally stock, no sideloaded apps etc. I think it was because I put it in my pocket with the power button down and the phone shuts itself off when you press the button for 3 seconds. Now when I put it in my pocket, I do it with the power button facing up. No more restarts. Just a thought.
    03-12-13 07:14 AM
    Negative. I watched mine restart itself sitting on my nightstand today. Not plugged into a charger, more than half full battery, phone is dead stock - no sideloaded apps. I've only had it a few days. I don't have a password set. It was sitting there with the screen off, and I happened to see out of the corner of my eye, the red LED light solid for a second or two, then the startup screen came on. Not cool!

By the way if you search here you'll find a LOT of people having this issue with the Z10. I seriously hope it's just an O/S problem that will be fixed very soon as updates come along.

Richard
    trsbbs and calirevolt like this.
    04-05-13 09:26 PM
    Ok guys, solved the problem, it has to do with the option of locking the phone after 10/20/30/1 hour, For those who didnt experience this, it might be because you did not set a password for your device, thus the comment above by dave where by "Maybe you side loaded some ****ty andriod app" because to go to development mode, you would have to create a pw for the phone.

So in conclusion, i think the z10 doesnt auto restart, but it just locks itself and a pw is needed to open the phone
    People must stop giving misleading titles to threads. A password prompt after a period of inactivity is NOT the same a to smartphone restarting or rebooting.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-06-13 04:41 AM
    I have had my z10 for over three and a half weeks and I haven't had any restarts until last night when the phone restarted by itself just sitting on the night stand plugged in to the BlackBerry charger.

There is definitely a problem with restarts happening and there is a post showing that BlackBerry is aware of this issue. I can live with it for now, but I hope an update is on the horizon sooner then later.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 04:59 AM
    People must stop giving misleading titles to threads. A password prompt after a period of inactivity is NOT the same a to smartphone restarting or rebooting.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    this

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:59 AM
    I've had multiple random reboots daily since getting phone eight days again. Brought phone back to Verizon and exchanged for new one yesterday at 9am. Now 25 hours later and one reboot about 10 hours in. I then took SD card out of phone and no reboots since. I'm wondering if this could be the issue. We wait and see for another 48 hours. If no reboots then safe to assume it was the card. Verizon said that class 6 cards may cause problems and suggested class 2. Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:40 AM
    I had this start just recently after reformatting my 64 GB card and copying data back to it over wifi (with media card encryption enabled).

Since doing that, my phone reboots about once a day. I've noticed that just be doing this, a toast appears and says something about "Media card Removed". It then reboots itself.

I can make the phone reboot simply by copying a large amount if data to the media card file share.

Quite annoying, and only just started. I've had the device since Feb 5 with no issues until this week.
    04-06-13 10:52 AM
    Mine only restarts overnight while charging, and it only does it once a night...as far as I know. No sideloaded apps. AT&T.
    04-06-13 11:23 AM
    Mine did, last night. It was just charging when I just picked it up to check my emails and when I went to the Hub, it said "Preparing BlackBerry Hub." After checking the Settings menu for the last boot time, I could confirm that it really did just restart on its own. I'm not troubled by it, but it was the first time that it happened. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

Though, mine does do one other weird thing. While charging, sometimes, it just lights up on its own. No messages or notifications. It just illuminates the lock screen and then goes back to sleep once it times out. I don't know if anyone else has experienced that, but its just something that happens from time to time.
    04-06-13 11:27 AM
    I get the odd random restart too...glad it's not just me!

Find me on the twitters! @jeffgerard
    04-06-13 11:30 AM
    I also had the phone restart a couple of times and I run totally stock, no sideloaded apps etc. I think it was because I put it in my pocket with the power button down and the phone shuts itself off when you press the button for 3 seconds. Now when I put it in my pocket, I do it with the power button facing up. No more restarts. Just a thought.
    When I first got the phone I thought it was the same thing. I was wearing tighter jeans out one night and found it restarting 1 or two times.. but it restarts by itself even if just on the table. For me the occurrence is once a day, doesn't bother me too much at all though I'd like it to be fixed as, for example, i woke up to no calendar notifications this morning because it restarted after they popped up while I was sleeping, which bothers me.
    This has been my experience anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:35 AM
    I actually had a reboot during active use today. Needed to reboot twice because the first time I couldn't enter my password (keyboard not recognized) . Frustrating...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 01:12 PM
    Yup, that happened to me too. When I was doing this work on my sd card, my phone rebooted like 12-15 times and about half those times, the keyboard wouldn't appear.
    04-06-13 01:46 PM
    I was having this problem too. As others recommended in this thread, I reformatted my SD card last night(originally formatted prior to the latest OS update) and haven't had any restarts as of yet. I hope it doesn't start doing it again.
    04-06-13 04:46 PM
    @zavar, do you have media card encryption enabled?
    04-06-13 04:54 PM
    Never

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keep Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    04-06-13 07:29 PM
189 123 ...