With iphone saying they will have LTE support in UK at launch, do you think RIM will want to get a little head start and launch phones in December??? If carriers are testing now, do you think this could happen?? A late November launch, or early December??
    09-08-12 10:06 AM
    I am thinking so!!
    09-08-12 10:43 AM
    these phones are not going to launch in 2012. If you look at the roadmaps its clear the OS wont be ready til Nov really. There is still much work to be done after that to finalize and have it all ready

Flight Arrival Boards have been posted! �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    09-08-12 11:18 AM
    They would also get entirely drowned out in the noise of competitors if they tried to launch near Christmas. Don't count on it before late January or later.

I do expect ongoing tidbits to be leaked, demonstrated, presented or announced leading up to the official announcement in 2012, however. It would be damaging if they were to remain silent throughout the fall and holiday season, and the public would assume they've basically given up.
    09-08-12 02:48 PM
    They would also get entirely drowned out in the noise of competitors if they tried to launch near Christmas. Don't count on it before late January or later.

I do expect ongoing tidbits to be leaked, demonstrated, presented or announced leading up to the official announcement in 2012, however. It would be damaging if they were to remain silent throughout the fall and holiday season, and the public would assume they've basically given up.
    I will remain hopeful, anything can happen in 3 months.
    09-09-12 10:17 PM
    After going to BB10 Jam in Vancouver, seeing the sessions catalogue of Jam Americas, and the media "disclosures" under NDA's, I'm not really worried that BB10 is vapourware as some people were saying before. Clearly RIM/QNX/TAT/all other teams are working hard to get it done. I think RIM will be staging disclosure very carefully (unlike the PlayBook launch which was a complete gong show....)
    09-10-12 02:35 AM
    Especially after seeing this iphone 5 flop. Bb10, if done right, could be huge, so many more upgrades....and a comeback is always a great story..
    09-14-12 10:11 PM
    Considering the lack of support on QNX for the PB I'm a little afraid that BB10 won't get the same kind of exposure here in NA. Just this week after the iphone got announced, most media outlets were covering it but there was no mention at all of BB10. All you heard was Android and the anticipated W8. I wish BB10 got a little more airtime so that the average consumer is aware that there is another OS coming.

Its going to be hard if not impossible to ween people on brand new 2yr contracts away from their iphones to a new platform which will most likely have none of their favourite apps. The jump to Android is more likely as the gap between iOS and android is closing (not that there was one) but this is how the media portrays it and the fact that there are multiple android devices being released every few months or so.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-15-12 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD