So I'm clearly devoted to my BlackBerry. Like, passionately and illogically so.........
    But so help me God, if I can not somehow convince it to STOP loudly screeching this alert at me repeatedly every single day (and night)... Let's just say, it is straining our beautiful relationship.

I had never had any problems with email whatsoever until a month or two back. When the devil's notification popped up for the very first time out of the blue, I went through the whole email re-verification process to try and "fix" it (oh, to be so young and naive again...) Well, that didn't work. Keep in mind, like I said, that this was totally out of nowhere, after functioning just fine for 2+ years. And I'd made no changes anywhere on my yahoo account. Anyway, next I tried resetting the yahoo password, but that didn't do anything to help, either. I tried anything else I could think of, of course to no avail.

Then, maybe a month or so in, I find that it will no longer let me send any emails from my yahoo account. It will receive them...but no outgoing mail allowed. I've got a gmail account connected, as well, and of course gmail behaves perfectly civilly and isn't trying to hell-screech-notification me into an early grave.

Any ideas or help at all?? I of course spent some time searching for an answer in the forums before opting to start a new thread. But I couldn't seem to find anything that would help.

Please, please tell me some sort of solution exists.
    TrumpetTiger likes this.
    11-11-18 06:23 PM
    Hello

If it is of help I get such warnings with other CalDav accounts (different providers) that normally self right

Posted via CB10
    11-12-18 05:25 AM
    So I'm clearly devoted to my BlackBerry. Like, passionately and illogically so.........
    But so help me God, if I can not somehow convince it to STOP loudly screeching this alert at me repeatedly every single day (and night)... Let's just say, it is straining our beautiful relationship.

I had never had any problems with email whatsoever until a month or two back. When the devil's notification popped up for the very first time out of the blue, I went through the whole email re-verification process to try and "fix" it (oh, to be so young and naive again...) Well, that didn't work. Keep in mind, like I said, that this was totally out of nowhere, after functioning just fine for 2+ years. And I'd made no changes anywhere on my yahoo account. Anyway, next I tried resetting the yahoo password, but that didn't do anything to help, either. I tried anything else I could think of, of course to no avail.

Then, maybe a month or so in, I find that it will no longer let me send any emails from my yahoo account. It will receive them...but no outgoing mail allowed. I've got a gmail account connected, as well, and of course gmail behaves perfectly civilly and isn't trying to hell-screech-notification me into an early grave.

Any ideas or help at all?? I of course spent some time searching for an answer in the forums before opting to start a new thread. But I couldn't seem to find anything that would help.

Lots of threads on Yahoo account/login problems here on CB: https://crackberry.com/search/yahoo%...unt%20problems

However, not sure if any of them pertain to your problem. Maybe you have already checked them out. Yahoo seems to be a mess quite often according to the gurus here on CB.
    11-12-18 10:08 AM
    Yahoo's legacy tech infrastructure is a crumbling empire that is of little interest to its new owner (Verizon) - not that it was a high priority under the previous several CEOs. Yahoo technically doesn't even exist as a separate entity anymore, and it was bought by Verizon for its ad and video content.

I would recommend to anyone that is using Yahoo as their email host (and that includes people with ISP accounts [Comcast, AT&T, SBCGlobal, etc.] that use Yahoo as the host) to migrate off of Yahoo, because it's only going to get worse. Verizon is looking to axe pieces of the old Yahoo business that they don't want, and so they clearly won't be investing any money into Yahoo email.

Remember that Yahoo email is responsible for the largest data breach in the history of the Internet, and they didn't even notify their users that they'd been hacked and had all their info stolen for more than THREE YEARS, even though they knew not long after it happened.

The Yahoo of today is nothing like it was 15 or even 10 years ago. The big talent abandoned ship a decade ago, and they've had third-string placeholders trying to keep things alive ever since.
    11-12-18 02:10 PM

I would recommend to anyone that is using Yahoo as their email host (and that includes people with ISP accounts [Comcast, AT&T, SBCGlobal, etc.] that use Yahoo as the host) to migrate off of Yahoo....m.
    Wait.... Comcast is my ISP, but it's really Yahoo?????
    11-12-18 04:11 PM
    Wait.... Comcast is my ISP, but it's really Yahoo?????
    Actually, no. Not sure why I wrote Comcast. But AT&T (and all of their former incarnations, including [for California] Pac-Bell and SBC) are all hosted by Yahoo, and a number of other companies have Yahoo-hosted email too. 15-20 years ago, hosting other companies' email was a big line of business for Yahoo, but that's back when Yahoo was still a power to be reckoned with. Yahoo has been a husk for a decade already.
    11-12-18 07:31 PM
    Ive been having that same problem but I have Hotmail on my bb, I came even log into my yahoo account anymore. I could so agree it’s annoying as hell.
    11-12-18 08:46 PM
    Actually, no. Not sure why I wrote Comcast. But AT&T (and all of their former incarnations, including [for California] Pac-Bell and SBC) are all hosted by Yahoo, and a number of other companies have Yahoo-hosted email too. 15-20 years ago, hosting other companies' email was a big line of business for Yahoo, but that's back when Yahoo was still a power to be reckoned with. Yahoo has been a husk for a decade already.
    WHEW!
    11-12-18 08:50 PM

Hi Eva,

This is becoming more and more of an issue for BB10 users it seems. I am going to put it on my list of items to troubleshoot. I find it difficult to believe that there is not a solution.

As for the notifications, is it just saying "can't send, your settings are incorrect" or something for the Yahoo account?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-18 06:01 PM
    Hi Eva,

This is becoming more and more of an issue for BB10 users it seems. I am going to put it on my list of items to troubleshoot. I find it difficult to believe that there is not a solution.
    I'm pretty sure the blame for this one is more on the Yahoo end then on the BB10 side, FWIW.
    11-13-18 06:08 PM
    Hi Eva,

As for the notifications, is it just saying "can't send, your settings are incorrect" or something for the Yahoo account?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, looks like... (re-testing to be certain) ... In the hub, a little clock icon symbol thing pops up next to the email as it's (I assume) trying to send. After a while, a red X takes its place. That's all I got.
    11-13-18 06:18 PM
    Oh wow, really??

What makes you think so?
    11-13-18 06:20 PM
    Hi Eva,

Posted via CB10
    Oops, so that's what I get for being a little impatient:

I was misremembering it as an X for some reason-- but just now, after it finally finished displaying the clock symbol thing, what popped up is actually a red circle with a white minus sign in the middle.
    11-13-18 06:28 PM
    Hi
    I am having the same problem but it is about one of my Google accounts and the other one is ok!
    I tried to reset password and login again with new password but no luck!
    Any ideas?
    Also everything works as expected!
    And I do have this email as rescue address for my iPhone is it the reason for such behaviour?

Send by my lovely passport silver edition
    12-20-18 10:53 AM