If anyone is using Linux and uses KDE as their desktop manager, were you aware that there is an app called KDEConnect which can connect your phone with KDE. There is also the matching Android app you have to install on your phone as well.

So far, I can control my media player through the phone, use the phone as a touch pad, just like BB Bridge, send copied information from the phone to my desktop via the sharing mechanism (this pops the text in your text editor), whatever you copy in KDE gets sent to the phone automatically, view the phone battery status on my desktop, supposedly be able to monitor SMS and phone calls, I am in a poor signal area so can't check this currently. You are also meant to be able to share files across desktop and phone, but I haven't got that working yet.

Awesome contributions to KDE Connect | Albert Vaca's blog

Be aware that this does affect battery performance and the phone and desktop need to be on the same network.
    rockivy, Razuberi and phylez like this.
    06-30-14 05:22 PM
    Very nice! The Linux users will be very happy to know!
    06-30-14 05:28 PM
    Actually, I can send and receive files as well from either device Make sure you install sshfs on your desktop.

In KDE
    Right click on file and 'send to phone_name via KDEConnect'

On phone, select file and share via KDEConnect.

Just make sure the plugins are all loaded

Files downloaded to the phone are in misc/android/kdeconnect/host_name_of_pc
    Last edited by vserghi; 06-30-14 at 06:13 PM.
    06-30-14 05:57 PM
    Sweet, maybe a reason to try KDE again.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 08:32 PM
    I use this service and access mine via Konqeuror, but you don't have to use the KDE desktop to have it work (I use the WindowMaker UI myself.) At any rate, yes indeed it's useful
    07-01-14 03:44 AM
    Keep in mind:

1. KDE Connect is in the Amazon AppStore! So for us, BB users, it's a matter of click, click and install.
    2. If it doesn't work, please check your firewall settings. You need the port range 1714-1764 on both tcp and udp. At least with Fedora, this requires a trip to firewall-config.
    3. Of course, check if KDE Connect is in your distro. If you use Ubuntu or Fedora, that won't be an issue (OpenSuSE has it too, but I don't have how to check it)

Ubuntu:
    Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install kdeconnect
    Fedora:
    Code:
    # yum install kde-connect
    4. Once you are ready, put the KDE Connect component into your KDE tray, and right click on it. Only one button will appear: "Update". Run KDE Connect in your BB10 phone, and press "Update". You'll see the name of your phone (for instance, Q10). Select it and request pairing. If everything goes well, you'll see a pairing request in your phone. Pair it, and have fun. You can test your connection pinging your BlackBerry 10 phone (and you'll see the ping in your Hub, quite nice).
    11-18-14 12:10 PM