Leap phone fell, no protection, screen broke. One of those things. Needed a phone. No more leaps in the store. Asked the guy, recommended one of those from the bunch with ultraspecs, octacore bla bla bla..Lasted less than an hour with the phone. Pure junk. Still cant comprehend the infatuation with Android devices aside from the App selection and even still...BB gives me the basic and the necessary. Got dinged on a restocking fee and a case that could not be refunded. Fast hardware specs is the only thing that comes into mind that people go after. The UI of the android is all over the place. No logical sequence. Email, junk. Anyways, had to vent and share. Would hate to see BB10 go. Best OS out there period.
    ssbtech likes this.
    01-21-16 11:06 PM
    I feel you, bro.
    Cheers...
    greenpoise likes this.
    01-21-16 11:27 PM
    The UI of the android is all over the place. No logical sequence. Email, junk..
    I keep trying to tell people this and I only get laughed at.

Android's UI is an atrocious mess of junk. Android's design guides encourage terrible app design too.

A friend has an LGG2 and I still can't figure out why when I swipe through the screens I get stupid animated blank panels flipping across. It's at that point I get annoyed with it and put it down.
    01-22-16 02:15 AM
    Leap phone fell, no protection, screen broke. One of those things. Needed a phone. No more leaps in the store. Asked the guy, recommended one of those from the bunch with ultraspecs, octacore bla bla bla..Lasted less than an hour with the phone. Pure junk. Still cant comprehend the infatuation with Android devices aside from the App selection and even still...BB gives me the basic and the necessary. Got dinged on a restocking fee and a case that could not be refunded. Fast hardware specs is the only thing that comes into mind that people go after. The UI of the android is all over the place. No logical sequence. Email, junk. Anyways, had to vent and share. Would hate to see BB10 go. Best OS out there period.
    Ok.

*A3-A20
    01-22-16 02:26 AM

Android's UI is an atrocious mess of junk. Android's design guides encourage terrible app design too.

A friend has an LGG2 and I still can't figure out why when I swipe through the screens I get stupid animated blank panels flipping across. It's at that point I get annoyed with it and put it down.
    The eye candy of things regardless of their functionality. I don't get it either. The one I got was the moto x play. Same story. Same ui. Then the icons look childish to say the least. The photo viewer is also bad. Even the calculator is awful looking, the feel is just not the same

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ssbtech likes this.
    01-22-16 06:26 AM

Darn those unlimited blank panels.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:35 AM
    Darn those unlimited blank panels.
    Could someone explain what they are and why they need to be there beyond serving as an irritating animation?
    01-22-16 10:52 AM
    Could someone explain what they are and why they need to be there beyond serving as an irritating animation?
    That's just a function of the launcher you choose.

The BlackBerry launcher is very clean, and animations can be throttled back to almost nothing.
    01-22-16 10:55 AM
    Those panels are app icon containers. If not done right, a user can create unlimited blank panels by mistake.

My mother's nexus has those and I cringe every time I borrow it. The OC side of me can't take it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:57 AM
    Whatever it is, it's a distracting mess and yet another example of terrible design enabled by the way Android is built.
    01-22-16 11:01 AM
    Whatever it is, it's a distracting mess and yet another example of terrible design enabled by the way Android is built.
    The point is, you can have them if you want them, or remove them if you don't. It's the ultimate in customisation and flexibility.

Once you drill down and set things the way you like them, by definition it cannot get much better because it is precisely tailored to your individual needs and work flow.
    01-22-16 11:04 AM
    It's the ultimate in customisation and flexibility.
    I'm still trying to find the setting that disables the display of white text on light backgrounds and make buttons look like buttons instead of labels.
    01-22-16 11:09 AM
    I'm still trying to find the setting that disables the display of white text on light backgrounds and make buttons look like buttons instead of labels.
    Are you talking within apps? Many of my apps offer light and dark themes - much like on BB10.

White text on light backgrounds? I can't recall ever seeing that.
    01-22-16 11:12 AM
    Are you talking within apps? Many of my apps offer light and dark themes - much like on BB10.
    White text on light backgrounds? I can't recall ever seeing that.
    In general. In fact, Google's design guidelines specifically encourage minimal use of "gradient scrims" which often results in light coloured text disappearing over complex or light backgrounds. Not to mention other buttons and components that often blend into backgrounds rather than stand out.

It's just bad design that makes the device harder to use.
    Attached Thumbnails Yet another BB10 story.-scrim.jpg  
    01-22-16 11:33 AM
    In general. In fact, Google's design guidelines specifically encourage minimal use of "gradient scrims" which often results in light coloured text disappearing over complex or light backgrounds. Not to mention other buttons and components that often blend into backgrounds rather than stand out.

It's just bad design that makes the device harder to use.
    Choose another app if you don't like the aesthetic choices the developer has made. At least there ARE choices. If I needed that specific app, and installed it on my BB10 (if I could), it would be the same story.

First off I never noticed, and it certainly never bothered me - let alone made it harder to use the device.

Second, I see none of this in the general BlackBerry launcher UI.

The alternative is to probably not have the app AT ALL on BB10.
    01-22-16 11:48 AM
    It's a general trend in design, even certain elements in BB10 suffer from the problem and certainly IOS as well.

Taking extra thin text and placing it over other elements without a darkening of the background. Happens with buttons as well. OS, apps... even many websites now exhibit elements of this design trend. It's one of the big reasons I can't stand Android.
    01-22-16 12:32 PM