My primary emails are rogers.com email addresses. The push notifications used to be instant. Now I'm waiting for 5 min at times for the email to come through.

It's absolutely brutal.

I have an Outlook. Com email address that I set up for desktop outlook sync and those pushes are almost instant.

Anyone else notice the same thing? I'm curious as to what may be causing this. I've had the same personal email address for 15 years. Don't feel like changing it for this issue as I would have to notify all my contacts and hope they make the change let alone all the subscriptions.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    12-04-14 01:12 AM
    Makes me wonder what's happening here as I've noticed the same degradation with my Gmail service.

Over the past few weeks emails have come in slower and slower. I did a device wipe and it seemed to have fixed it for a day or so, but then a gradual slow down again. Just this past week it started happening with another providers account.

Very frustrating.
    12-04-14 11:21 AM
    Can you forward your rogers email to your hotmail?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-04-14 11:24 AM
    I just changed to Outlook from rogers when I got my Z10 upon its after its release. Instant push type email from rogers yahoo is was not supported on BB10. Push worked well on my Torch 9800, but that was done by BlackBerry pushing to my phone.

I was told by rogers the only option is email polling for bb10 devices. . On the z10 early software they didn't even have the option to poll every 5 mins! With Marrisa Mayer at the helm of yahoo and her public negative comments towards BlackBerry I don't see this issue getting resolved.

In my opinion Outlook email has better performance and more products features than yahoo. It not nice but slowly switching over my contacts to use outlook from rogers was the way to go for me. Now I'm not tied down to rogers for my Internet service.
    12-04-14 01:42 PM
    I don't have Rogers, but I do have Yahoo, Gmail and Outlook synced to my Z10. Gmail and Outlook push work fine. Yahoo has always been on 5 minute polling from the start, but afaik only iOS supports the unusual IMAP push implementation at Yahoo. My guess is that it is tied to license fees since no one else has implemented it: no one else wants to pay for it.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    12-04-14 07:36 PM
    I can offer extremely high performance exchange. PM if interested.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-04-14 07:48 PM
    Also got the same issue with Rogers yahoo. No problems with Gmail and Microsoft 365

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:54 PM
    I have never gotten push to work with my Rogers account. What IMAP server are folks here connecting to? I am connected to rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com.
    12-04-14 11:00 PM
    I have never gotten push to work with my Rogers account. What IMAP server are folks here connecting to? I am connected to rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com.
    That's the same image for me.

Time to create a personal outlook account and have it sent to all my contacts. Hate that j have to do that but I can't stand having email push being delayed upwards of ten minutes at times.

12-05-14 04:29 PM
    That's the same image for me.

Time to create a personal outlook account and have it sent to all my contacts. Hate that j have to do that but I can't stand having email push being delayed upwards of ten minutes at times.

Thx for the info. How are/were you getting it to push though? On my Z30, for the account details screen for my Rogers account, there is an option that I can toggle on and off that says 'use push if supported'. There is also an option to tell my phone how often to check the server for new mail. When I look at the same screen for my hotmail account, it is a bit different. There is an option that I can toggle on an off that says 'sync email'. This always made me believe that Rogers was always being pulled by my phone and never pushed.
    12-06-14 10:26 AM
    Thx for the info. How are/were you getting it to push though? On my Z30, for the account details screen for my Rogers account, there is an option that I can toggle on and off that says 'use push if supported'. There is also an option to tell my phone how often to check the server for new mail. When I look at the same screen for my hotmail account, it is a bit different. There is an option that I can toggle on an off that says 'sync email'. This always made me believe that Rogers was always being pulled by my phone and never pushed.
    Yeah I don't think that this pushes at all on my BlackBerry 10. For some reason it pushes on iOS.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-06-14 01:53 PM
    These are my settings and it pushes but it is slow

Yahoo/Rogers email push has deteriorated badly-img_20141206_145923.png

12-06-14 02:00 PM
    These are my settings and it pushes but it is slow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141206_145923.png 
Views:	373 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	319031

Yeah but what I'm saying is that "push if supported " is not being applied. I believe it uses pull every 5 mins rather than push.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-06-14 03:55 PM
    Isn't rim.yahoo supposed to be just yahoo?

Just as a test, and I do not have a yahoo to try with, try setting up using the following.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile/ima...l-sln4075.html
    12-06-14 04:22 PM
    Hmm push seems to work if I do the setup from the advanced menu and tap Yahoo!

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-06-14 06:42 PM
    Hmm push seems to work if I do the setup from the advanced menu and tap Yahoo!

Posted via CB10
    Did you have to delete the existing email account first and then set up the email account again? Are you getting instant push?

12-06-14 06:53 PM
    Did you have to delete the existing email account first and then set up the email account again? Are you getting instant push?

Seems to be instant. I had to remove existing. I'm also on 10.3.1 so could be many factors who knows.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:38 PM
    Seems to be instant. I had to remove existing. I'm also on 10.3.1 so could be many factors who knows.

Posted via CB10
    I ran a test, deleted account and used advanced settings to select a yahoo account and sent myself a test message and still clocked in at 6 min before it hit my device. Sent same message to my outlook email account and it was within 20 seconds.

12-06-14 08:04 PM
    I ran a test, deleted account and used advanced settings to select a yahoo account and sent myself a test message and still clocked in at 6 min before it hit my device. Sent same message to my outlook email account and it was within 20 seconds.

Well this sucks... it's instant if I click refresh. Or when I change a setting and save....

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:15 PM
    Both Gmail and my 365 account outperform this crap...

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ya, Yahoo mail is garbage. I'm going to create a new outlook.com account and migrate over. Bye bye Rogers.
    12-07-14 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps just time say goodbye to Rogers/Yahoo Web mail and slowly migrate to outlook.com email.

I literally have some work deadlines next week and I have clients texting or calling me asking if I received the documents they sent me yet... 2 min later they come through to the device.

Little does Rogers know that their relationship with Yahoo is going to hurt them in many ways. Their new Web mail interface is dreadful for example.

I doubt forwarding a yahoo email to an Outlook email will help because there is still that lag in pushing from yahoo.

So is a switch the better options? Just curious

Thanks

12-07-14 11:13 AM
    I note that Outlook.com has option to import other email accounts and Yahoo is listed.

I'm not to savvy in that regard. What does importing an email account allow you to do differently? Doesn't it just allow for outkook.com to be your one stop shop to view all emails? I figure to get push to work as fast as it does with my outlook.com address I need a new specific outlook.com email account.

Comments?

12-07-14 11:20 AM
    I note that Outlook.com has option to import other email accounts and Yahoo is listed.

I'm not to savvy in that regard. What does importing an email account allow you to do differently? Doesn't it just allow for outkook.com to be your one stop shop to view all emails? I figure to get push to work as fast as it does with my outlook.com address I need a new specific outlook.com email account.

Comments?

Importing should literally import all your emails, contacts,calendars,etc to Outlook
    12-07-14 04:36 PM

Comments?

I need to look into this some more. I would hate to lose my years of Rogers email. If there was an easy way to import all of it to a new Outlook account I would be all over it.
    12-08-14 10:49 AM
26 12