Yep, problems started last night with my Q10. Pop settings "fixed" it. For how long, i don't know. Probably time to start migrating my email addresses to something else. Not moving from the Q10 "until they pry it from my cold, dead fingers."
    bbnrs likes this.
    06-15-18 03:50 PM
    Forwarding might be the better long term solution. I didn't know I could do that in Yahoo. I don't know what all this talk about "Blackberry 10 is not supporting email" is coming from ... on my Q10 I have accounts set up for GMail, Vivaldi, Yandex, Charter, a Mail in A Box server I set up (experimenting) and another service I set up through Zoho (also experimenting, try to find something to replace Yahoo – guess I'll have to work faster now). All work without issue on iMap, so this is NOT a Blackberry issue. This is an Oath, Yahoo/AOL issue.
    HershL and bbnrs like this.
    06-15-18 04:03 PM
    Same issue here, today asked me to enter the password and nothing works.

I wonder if an android app for Yahoo mail will work.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 04:07 PM
    Just got the same message about password incorrect about yahoo account in hub. Tried putting the password again, but same issues.

Posted via Passport SE
    06-15-18 04:16 PM
    On my Q10, I had to go to Advanced settings and pick POP instead of Yahoo, and then enter the POP information in "by hand." I'm guessing the Passport is the same. Not certain.
    06-15-18 04:19 PM
    Forwarding might be the better long term solution. I didn't know I could do that in Yahoo. I don't know what all this talk about "Blackberry 10 is not supporting email" is coming from ... on my Q10 I have accounts set up for GMail, Vivaldi, Yandex, Charter, a Mail in A Box server I set up (experimenting) and another service I set up through Zoho (also experimenting, try to find something to replace Yahoo – guess I'll have to work faster now). All work without issue on iMap, so this is NOT a Blackberry issue. This is an Oath, Yahoo/AOL issue.
    What’s going on is an IMAP security VS BB10 issue. Unlike many other email vendors, the yahoo brand had been compromised more than once. Since AOL/Yahoo have very long history, the users are typically loyal but vulnerable to privacy hacks. Oath implemented security that helps with this unfortunate reputation. Android/IOS devices have modern apps while BBAndroid has upgraded compatible BBHub. As other providers are forced to upgrade IMAP standards for security purposes, this will become worse.

I dealt with changing relative’s AOL email and now about month later I’m doing it again. The relative has no choice. It’s 2018, pick Android/IOS device and keep your old email address. This was happening in 12-18 months anyway. Things keep breaking.
    06-15-18 04:37 PM
    The relative has no choice. It’s 2018, pick Android/IOS device and keep your old email address. This was happening in 12-18 months anyway. Things keep breaking.
    When my Q10 becomes totally useless, I'll probably just go to a flip phone. I don't see me going back to Android and I never was going to go with iOS. Until then, I'll see if I can forward Yahoo to my own Box server. Hopefully that will work for a while.
    06-15-18 05:32 PM
    Mine just started back working out the blue

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 06:55 PM
    Mine just started back working out the blue
    Yahoo must have had issues with their IMAP server. I'm tempted to switch mine back to see if it works, but will wait until I clear out my inbox.
    06-15-18 07:26 PM
    I suffered also the same problem today.
    I can confirm tochiroge999 solution worked for me.
    THANK YOU.
    06-15-18 07:35 PM
    Added again and seems to be working again Yahooooo.....

Posted via CB10
    06-15-18 07:38 PM
    Who said anything about rebelling or even about forcing vendors to stay behind?
    If the vendors move forward they (BlackBerry) should comply until EOL date.

Nothing like my SE
    BlackBerry Limited was very clear the services and features would start to disappear well before the final EOL date. We have seen several go away over the past few months. Why should this be any different.
    06-15-18 08:06 PM
    I set Yahoo back up "automatically" (just gave it my name and password) to IMAP. I noticed that the name of the Yahoo servers have changed (I think). They're now rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993). SMTP is now rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465). It seemed like before they were set up without the "rim" at the beginning (or maybe that was just when it wasn't working?).
    06-15-18 10:08 PM
    Tried all the "fixes" mentioned earlier nothing worked.

Tried the original setup again and voila! We're back in business.

👍

Posted via CB10
    06-16-18 12:05 AM
    Update:

Got an email from yahoo that says they prevented a log-in from a less secure app.

To bypass this, they provide a link that says:

If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in, go to:

https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps and turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

Posted via CB10
    This is the correct information. IMAP works fine. Email account setup on the BlackBerry 10 devices is exactly the same as before once you follow these steps:

In my case I deleted all of my Yahoo email accounts before trying this.

1. Log into your yahoo account using a Web browser. I used Google Chrome on my desktop PC.

2. Click on Account Info

3. Click on Account Security

In my case I had an app password setup already. And I also had two step verification enabled. At this point I did not see any option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

4. Switch Off Two-Step verification

At this point still no option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

5. Click on Manage App Passwords

At this point the option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" appeared and I was able to turn it on. I didn't create a new app password as I had already created one earlier.

6. Switch back on Two-Step verification

At this point the option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" disappeared again but I'm sure that the option was still enabled.

7. Go back to your BB10 device and setup the yahoo email account as you would normally do. No need to enter any settings manually.

Can someone please clean up this thread before it gets out of control with panic and misinformation? Feel free to let me know if this works for others.

I have a feeling that if you follow those steps above before trying anything else and maybe restart your phone after changing the setting in your yahoo mail account, you might be able to get back in on your phone without having to delete and setup your Yahoo email accounts like I did while trying to figure out what was going on. Someone can try it and see.

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt and bbnrs like this.
    06-16-18 12:24 AM
    Hi, just restored my email. Go to yahoo account and deactivate the less secure application option. Now they changed the BlackBerry 10 OS from less secure to secure.

Posted via CB10
    SonyainTx likes this.
    06-16-18 12:56 AM
    Well, I was concerned after reading this thread but it appears that my Z30 is still receiving or retrieving Yahoo mail. I just looked and two came in today and they were even reflected in Blend which feeds my Desktop and laptop computers.

Frankly, I don't know what my settings are!!!
    06-16-18 01:33 PM
    I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Yahoo's still considered a thing! I got a message from them a few days ago that said something about them closing Messenger down, I thought they had done that years ago.

I must say though, that this thread inspired me to check out my 2 ancient Yahoo email addresses and was very surprised to find them still valid. Nothing but thousands of spam messages though.
    06-16-18 01:57 PM
    You need to go to the Yahoo permissions page and change it to accept "non-secure" permissions to get your email delivered to your Blackberry 10. I just changed mine yesterday and it works again. Pain, but fixable.
    06-18-18 12:46 AM
    Yep, both my yahoo accounts and my att account that runs through yahoo, that were not working before, are working now.

Now I have to change the other one I set up as POP and change the unsecure login back to secure.

Sure am glad they fixed that!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-18 03:18 AM
    You need to go to the Yahoo permissions page and change it to accept "non-secure" permissions to get your email delivered to your Blackberry 10. I just changed mine yesterday and it works again. Pain, but fixable.
    There is no need for that on OS 10.3.3.3216.
    Probably fixed by yahoo without any other intervention from users.
    There was an outage only during Friday.

IMAP also working fine.

Nothing like my SE
    Digital_Islandboy likes this.
    06-18-18 05:36 AM
    This is the correct information. IMAP works fine. Email account setup on the BlackBerry 10 devices is exactly the same as before once you follow these steps:

In my case I deleted all of my Yahoo email accounts before trying this.

1. Log into your yahoo account using a Web browser. I used Google Chrome on my desktop PC.

2. Click on Account Info

3. Click on Account Security

In my case I had an app password setup already. And I also had two step verification enabled. At this point I did not see any option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

4. Switch Off Two-Step verification

At this point still no option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

5. Click on Manage App Passwords

At this point the option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" appeared and I was able to turn it on. I didn't create a new app password as I had already created one earlier.

6. Switch back on Two-Step verification

At this point the option to turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" disappeared again but I'm sure that the option was still enabled.

7. Go back to your BB10 device and setup the yahoo email account as you would normally do. No need to enter any settings manually.

Can someone please clean up this thread before it gets out of control with panic and misinformation? Feel free to let me know if this works for others.

I have a feeling that if you follow those steps above before trying anything else and maybe restart your phone after changing the setting in your yahoo mail account, you might be able to get back in on your phone without having to delete and setup your Yahoo email accounts like I did while trying to figure out what was going on. Someone can try it and see.

Posted via CB10
    Damn Bro! You are a life saver. I tried every other way to get my email back in the hub and it wasn't working. I missed an important email too. I don't like checking it on the desktop because I have quick access to it on the phone. I followed your steps and it worked. Thank You very much!

Blackberry Passport SE Silver Edition
    06-19-18 02:56 PM
    I followed your steps and it worked
    Please can you confirm if sending mails via hub (outgoing mail via SMTP) works as well. Thank you!
    06-20-18 04:05 AM
    Please can you confirm if sending mails via hub (outgoing mail via SMTP) works as well. Thank you!
    Yes! It's working via hub for me.

TomtomOne likes this.
    06-20-18 08:38 AM
    I did have to restart the phone after making the changes(as per the instructions) because it was slow. After the restart it was fine.

TomtomOne likes this.
    06-20-18 08:54 AM
96 1234