I just checked my sent emails and they are showing as coming from Outlook -- however, I am getting all my emails from my Yahoo account. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the Outlook "send" aspect to give the Yahoo address to people so as not to confuse? It's all working though it's just that if I send an email they will see it as coming from the Outlook account.
    01-20-19 05:41 AM
    This is the latest ‘explanation’ from Yahoo! regarding the e-mail issue. Obviously, this is a deliberate action to block BlackBerry users access.

Amd to be clear, I was never a voluntary Yahoo! E-mail user... AT&T Worldnet (att.net) that I have used for nearly 2 decades it seems moved my (not free) e-mail accounts to Yahoo! hosting. So, as a customer of AT&T, I am not very pleased that my e-mail provider is voluntarily blocking me from accessing my accounts that I pay for on a device I bought from same company. This could be fixed, or better to say does not have to be an issue... this is a choice Yahoo! is making, not some “mandated” action as the below AT&T reply suggests:

“Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

The changes you were requested to make late last year were due to security standards changes mandate by regulators.

The purpose was to have you re-authenticate onto the new security standard on your Blackberry.

However we discovered last week when you lost functionality of your accounts on your devices that Blackberry does not meet the new standard.

This was discovered by Yahoo! rolling back one of the changes hence why you all were able to access your accounts over the weekend, but as stated above these are regulator mandated changes, so they had to be re-deployed.

The issue lies with Blackberry and is out of the hands of AT&T and Yahoo!.

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Thanks,
    Jeramy G******
    Sr Product Support
    AT&T Mobility & Entertainment”
    Let them know that it's a Yahoo only issue...all the other email providers can maintain proper security standards without breaking functionality on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    01-20-19 08:36 AM
    Let them know that it's a Yahoo only issue...all the other email providers can maintain proper security standards without breaking functionality on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    That was really the point I was getting at... and I did tell AT&T/Yahoo! that in a direct words. Virtually any other IMAP service works... this is something Yahoo! is choosing to do. And they still can’t explain or qualify their statements of a “new standard” of security being “mandated ny regulators” that a BlackBerry does not meet?
    Vladislavt likes this.
    01-20-19 12:34 PM
    Log into your yahoo webmail and go thorough the security menu as if you were to create a new password for an app. When asked by yahoo to "select an app" I chose "Android mail" instead of "Other app". It's been working, let's see if it goes beyond the 36-48 hour mark this time.

Posted via CB10
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-20-19 04:01 PM
    How do you get to the security menu? Login via browser on the phone or pc? Thanks.
    01-20-19 07:58 PM
    It doesn't matter. Go to the webmail, it's in there.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-19 08:29 PM
    Hello ! You said "I set it up so her Yahoo account is a IMAP/SMTP connected account. I set her Outlook so it will be using her Yahoo account as the send from address. " I set up an Outlook account but can't figure out how to set things up so that when I send from the Outlook it shows my Yahoo account as the sender. Would it be possible to summarize the steps involved? Thanks. Right now I get the emails but when I send people said it shows an outlook account, which is confusing. It also is not IMAP.
    01-20-19 10:05 PM
    Mine stopped working again.... Grrrr.
    01-21-19 02:09 AM
    Sakithi

Please see what worked for me - earlier in the thread
    Yahoo still functioning for me!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 02:33 AM
    This is getting annoying. Working, not working, working, not working, ...

I guess we just wait for them to sort it out, if they are capable. I find it annoying that they give pretty bad excuses about security when every other email provided seems to work it's been the same story with Yahoo and the playbook for over a year now.

Luckily Yahoo is just my personal address so I can live without instant updates until I work out what to do. I'm thinking of Fast Mail or Proton Mail for the future.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 04:17 AM
    Hi ! I too found myself hung-up on not receiving my business email from Yahoo. I have 4 accounts that went bad on Thursday last week. I called my carrier ATT, and no luck with knowledge base of the trouble. I did however get the idea that it was the server of the email - Yahoo. I was able to go into my biz mail account and note the update request for updating the email account. I had not done it as I had the security setting on the lesser security for 3rd party app. I thought that was all I needed. What I found was the requirement that I must update and agree to the new terms & conditions of Yahoo. It updated, and as a result forced me into creating pw's for all email account (or so I thought). I then found that I had to delete the email account on the Passport, then re-enter using the POP menu. With the new 16 digit pw created within Yahoo, and the POP setting on the Passport - viola I got it to take. I then went to another biz mail account to just reset the POP and it worked without updating the email account. WTF - didn't understand why one account required updating and the other not to get it back on my Passport. I can understand the new pw's for all emails - this makes it more secure, but why the hell can't Yahoo and ATT atleast send an email out about this change / requirement. What a interruption in my business day!! I will chalk up to continuing IT education with idiots not giving notice!
    01-21-19 01:32 PM
    It doesn't matter. Go to the webmail, it's in there.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, maybe I'm stupid. Don't see it.
    In the account security setting there is Change Password, Yahoo account key (that requires the mobile app to start with), Recovery phone number, Disable Security question, Two-step verification and the Allow apps that use less secure sign in

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 06:47 PM
    It's that allow apps menu you mentioned. It's the last option on the 'account security' menu. It's called 'Manage apps passwords'.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 10:49 PM
    It's that allow apps menu you mentioned. It's the last option on the 'account security' menu. It's called 'Manage apps passwords'.

Posted via CB10
    Once there choose 'Android Mail'. It's been working for over 48hrs with no need to re enter the password.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 10:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nope, clearly there's something different about mine.
    The "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" is a simple toggle, not a menu. You get on or off and that's it. (Off doesn't work, it even breaks some of my desktop apps).

I think you only get that option if you have used the Yahoo app before, which of course, I have not being on BB10...
    01-21-19 11:31 PM
    Now it's working. I just updated the same password and did not delete the account. Started working. It's purely a bug at Yahoo! Side. I don't know how long this will work.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-22-19 12:07 AM
    Nope, clearly there's something different about mine.
    The "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" is a simple toggle, not a menu. You get on or off and that's it. (Off doesn't work, it even breaks some of my desktop apps).

I think you only get that option if you have used the Yahoo app before, which of course, I have not being on BB10...
    I never used the app either.
    It might be regional. Now that you said it I remembered that one of my yahoo accounts does have that menu. But both stopped working at the same time though.

Don't know what to tell you. Re enter the current yahoo password in the bb10 mail account.

My 'Android Mail' approach has been working. It might just be a coincidence and the issue is on the yahoo side. Hopefully they fixed it for good.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 11:15 AM
    Well, just tried re-entering my password AGAIN (have tried this several times each day since it broke).

This time it seemed to take, so we'll see how long that lasts. Good reminder for me to move off Yahoo anyways. Not surprised they were the only ones to break on BlackBerry. The last CEO was actively and openly hostile towards BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 01:13 PM
    How long might that take? The update? Is there one in the works?
    01-22-19 03:31 PM
    Log into your yahoo webmail and go thorough the security menu as if you were to create a new password for an app. When asked by yahoo to "select an app" I chose "Android mail" instead of "Other app". It's been working, let's see if it goes beyond the 36-48 hour mark this time.

Posted via CB10
    Mine broke again. Had to enter the password again in the bb10 account settings. It's definitely on the Yahoo side.

Any suggestions for email providers that have pgp, are reliable, and can take certificates and or pgp keys directly into the bb10 account settings?!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 04:32 PM
    Just died again after a couple of days, sigh

Posted via CB10
    01-22-19 06:01 PM
    Working again here, but who knows for how long. I do think there are differences in Yahoo Account Setting menus. My Yahoo menu doesn't even include the app-specific password toggle; I had to log into att.com instead to access a menu to create one.

In the meantime, I got myself a Fire HD, sideloaded Google, and am attempting to acclimate myself slowly to Android. Not a fan, yet anyway.
    01-23-19 11:27 AM
    Yahoo's issues are coming more and more frequently and they are affecting far more than just BB users. I've had several customers who I've had to migrate off of Yahoo recently and probably a couple of others over the next week.

Things at Yahoo have been bad for years and were being patched together the cheapest possible way prior to the sale to Verizon. And Verizon shows little interest in spending money on a money-losing service.

For anyone who can, I really advise you to switch to some other mail service. That's especially true if you have any business going on via a Yahoo account, as two of my customers lost full access to their account (one recently and the other a while ago) and Yahoo could not help them.

Even just being without email for a couple of days could be disastrous for business, but imagine a complete loss!

Yahoo is not the company it once was - it's a mostly empty husk that Verizon bought for parts. Proceed accordingly.
    Vladislavt and dmlis like this.
    01-23-19 03:59 PM
    Have intermittent problems with Yahoo. Started last Sept called BlackBerry tech assistance. Charged $30.00 for assistance. Told I needed a "secure email key" generated from Yahoo /Att site. It worked then 3/4 months later problems, could not connect to Yahoo /ATT emails. Curiously my Google emails were accessible. Google seems uneffected. THERE BE A MESSAGE there. Connection to Yahoo is off on again. Read the email from stating work around, they referred to BlackBerry manuals.
    There are directions on settings but I did not see the parameters to use.
    When BlackBerry suggested to use secure email key it worked. But this month it got no where. Used my Yahoo /ATT password it has worked so farm.
    Perhaps the message is use Google for email as it worked without exception.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-19 12:05 AM
    For anyone who can, I really advise you to switch to some other mail service.

Yahoo is not the company it once was - it's a mostly empty husk that Verizon bought for parts. Proceed accordingly.
    Thanks for this nice text above Troy 👌

After all these problems, I have forced my self to start migrating yahoo account to outlook. But it will be slow process, because of my 330 online account credentials 😂 and also because on some government and bussines sites it's not possible to change online the credentials, but I will email them (who knows when they will reply).

Mainly because of those reasons, for some sites I need for now to keep yahoo, and wondering if you can give me advice. What will be the better solution, to forward all yahoo emails to outlook, or to check from within outlook my yahoo account with imap option?

Thanks in advance.

P. S. I must say, that so quick, immediate response of imap checking outlook emails, on my Q5 hub, I've never seen before 😀👍
    01-24-19 05:00 AM
128 ... 23456