Something isn't right here.

I used the exact same setup in MS Outlook 2010 desktop client and it works. Heck, I even tried the rim.imap.yahoo.com and rim.smtp.yahoo.com in the setup with no problem.

It's as if Yahoo is detecting that when I connect from MS Outlook it's ok, but if I try to connect from my BlackBerry Classic, it's not ok.

After wasting a couple hours tonight, I think I'm going to give up on Yahoo and start the process of migrating over to Outlook.

I have convinced my wife to switch to Outlook on her Leap (she's a saint for trusting me on this). I set it up so her Yahoo account is a IMAP/SMTP connected account. I set her Outlook so it will be using her Yahoo account as the send from address. Viola, when she sent a test message to me from her Outlook account, it arrived in my inbox as if it was sent from her Yahoo email address.

I set it up to merge her Yahoo folders with Outlook, so it will take a while for the initial sync. So far the folder structure has synched, so it looks similar to her Yahoo account.

I am looking at doing the same on my end too. The only issue I see is that Outlook has a 15 GB limit vs 1 TB for Yahoo, so I need to make sure I don't blow through that limit.

Regards,
    Anders

Posted via CB10
    There are a few ways to up that limit. Pay for for 365, which is reasonable or use Bing and trade search points for storage. 1 TB of free storage is useless if you can't use it.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 09:42 AM
    I just received the following email from Yahoo after contacting them last evening about the email acct issue:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Mail.

I am sorry to hear that you're not able to use your Yahoo account with your BlackBerry device. I will try to help you with this.

Please reconfigure your Yahoo account with BlackBerry using a special app password.

1. Activate two-step verification (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/two-step-v...n-sln5013.html) or Account Key (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account-key-sln25781.html)for your Yahoo account.

2. Generate third party app password for your account which will be used specifically for BlackBerry configuration. (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html)

Occasionally, the settings associated with your account on the device can become corrupt. Re-adding your account will fix this.

I would request you to please use beta.imap.mail.yahoo.com instead of rim.imap.mail or just imap.mail.yahoo.

Let me know if the above fixes the issues for you.

Thanks,
    Gunjan
    Yahoo Mail
    Please update us if you get any reply.
    01-18-19 10:27 AM
    I just received the following email from Yahoo after contacting them last evening about the email acct issue:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Mail.

I am sorry to hear that you're not able to use your Yahoo account with your BlackBerry device. I will try to help you with this.

Please reconfigure your Yahoo account with BlackBerry using a special app password.

1. Activate two-step verification (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/two-step-v...n-sln5013.html) or Account Key (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account-key-sln25781.html)for your Yahoo account.

2. Generate third party app password for your account which will be used specifically for BlackBerry configuration. (https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html)

Occasionally, the settings associated with your account on the device can become corrupt. Re-adding your account will fix this.

I would request you to please use beta.imap.mail.yahoo.com instead of rim.imap.mail or just imap.mail.yahoo.

Let me know if the above fixes the issues for you.

Thanks,
    Gunjan
    Yahoo Mail
    Doesn’t work for me. So much for the beta server, whatever it is.

Posted via CB10
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-18-19 11:56 AM
    Thanks for this reply.

After today's logging off from yahoo, I can say that I've already tried everything frok this yahoo email to you, just wondering did you tried with this beta imap addresses? Is it functional now for you?
    01-18-19 12:08 PM
    I couldn't get it to work with the beta server info neither.

Also, now the hub on the priv is saying that the security settings can not be authenticated.
    Nice work, yahoo

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 01:02 PM
    Ann guarnieri, thanks for your reply. Yahoo not working till now. I need to wait for the update from blackberry or yahoo or both together ASAP.
    01-18-19 01:48 PM
    I found out what yahoo did to cause this mess.

They are now referring to our OS as an APP.

You do not need to change any IMAP or POP settings or fiddle around with the server addresses or any of that cr*p.

Go to your yahoo account via the website and go into the account security settings. At the bottom of that page, go into the "Manage app passwords" section. It will generate a 16 character password for you to use. The password is 4 sets of characters separated by a space and bordered in a blue box (save that password & make sure to keep a copy of it somewhere safe).

Delete the yahoo acct on your phone and then reinstall it (you may not have to delete it first.. try it first without deleting it). For the password, copy and paste that 16 character app password they gave you. Do NOT include any spaces.

*you will NOT be able to use your regular yahoo password on your phone. Only this specific yahoo generated password will work to access your emails & calendar ONLY ON YOUR BB10 PHONE. For website access on your PC/MAC or using any mobile platform to access your yahoo account, your regular password will work, but to access your yahoo emails pushed to your BB10 OS, you will need this app generated password.

Bam, yahoo working again on your BB10

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.3.3057

Posted via CB10
    hi there, what option did you choose? in the list we have android, mac, iphone but NO BB OS 10...did you choose the generic "Other application" ? (which i chose) and did not work, said the email account could not be loaded at this time, the contacts and the calendar were loaded...thx a lot yahoo....
    01-18-19 03:47 PM
    I use the below settings and works great. Hope it might help you.

SERVER ADDRES:- rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    PORT :- 993
    SMTP SERVER ADDRESS :- rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    PORT :- 465
    this doesn't seem to work for me..it says settings have changed or they are incorrect.
    yahoo is really testing my patience.
    01-18-19 03:54 PM
    Its not really any blame on yahoo. Assuming they are trying to make things more secure and this is causing to no longer work for bb10. Again, you are using a device with a OS that is dead with no development for 3-4 years really. Things will break and that is completely expected. If that doesnt work for you then you need to upgrade your device or switch to another email provider.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-18-19 05:38 PM
    Its not really any blame on yahoo. Assuming they are trying to make things more secure and this is causing to no longer work for bb10. Again, you are using a device with a OS that is dead with no development for 3-4 years really. Things will break and that is completely expected. If that doesnt work for you then you need to upgrade your device or switch to another email provider.
    I'm not convinced. Yahoo continues to work with other email clients using the identical server settings.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-18-19 07:02 PM
    With all due respect, I think that either Yahoo, BlackBerry (or both) need to make a decision about whether or not BB users can access Yahoo Mail. If they say they can (and they have) then they should make it work more reliably than has been the case for the past several weeks. If one or both do not want to deal with it any more they should advise users of an end date and close it down at that time. Right now we are all in limbo land and that makes no one happy.

BTW, my "access" to Yahoo Mail via my BB Classic with OS 10.3.3.2129 was restored about an hour ago after ~36 hours of an inability to connect. This lapse was the longest one ever........
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-18-19 07:03 PM
    Thanks I had no idea turning off the phone for 5 mins would work, but after trying everything else, the 5 minute remedy worked! Appreciate the tip.

Posted via CB10
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-18-19 07:07 PM
    I turned my phone off for over 15 min. Then restarted. I deleted my email from my phone. Then I went into my webmail settings and changed my webmail password. Afterwards, I set-up the new "app" passwords Yahoo email requires now for my Classic and my desktop Outlook app. I set up my Outlook first -- worked. After that, I reloaded my email on my classic with my "app" password. It took 5 min to load. Working ! For how long, who knows, but it's working. I think I'm going to migrate to a new email though -- all this grief isn't worth it. But perhaps what I just did will work for you too, for now at least.
    01-18-19 07:47 PM
    Yahoo has been the worst of the free email providers for years and years. I've used it for cheap aliases, but I think I'll be turning even those off now.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    01-18-19 09:23 PM
    Dear all - I just got Yahoo to work again - but this took 24 hours to work...perhaps patience is what is required for settings to permeate the system?

PROCEEDURE
    I deleted my non-functioning yahoo account on my Passport

I logged in on the Web and used 2FA (for the firstime) - which involved makings new password for web access (and MS Outlook on my PC). This is involved receiving text on my Passport

I then logged in again and made a new *App password* (I made a 'new' App called Blackberry')

Today - 24 hours later the following then worked (it did not immediately after the above)

I added Yahoo using the inbuilt Yahoo account on BB10 - using my email account and the *app password* (I noticed that the 'old' rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com and rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com were automatically replaced by new addresses)

REPLACEMENT ADDRESSES

Email - my yahoo.co.uk
    Password - the new App Password /see above)

imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Smtp.mail.yahoo.com

This has just been running for 30mins with no problems...NB this account *only* email

Posted via CB10
    01-19-19 12:52 AM
    Mine also working now. Used two step verification and app password. Need to see whether this will withstand.
    01-19-19 03:30 AM
    Also working here from couple of hours ago. Suddenly, without any changings.
    01-19-19 04:20 AM
    It appears YAHOO may have reversed their most recent attempt to sabotage our access to email from BB10

However..

If you want a more permanent fix, this is what i've done to receive my yahoo emails to my Q10

This IS/WAS the only last resort to dealing with this yahoo cr*p!

I went to www.outlook.com , created a new email account specifically for this forwarding purpose. Once that account was created, I set up that new outlook email address on my Q10.

Once those two things were done, I followed these steps below to begin forwarding my yahoo emails direct into my new outlook account... and voila!

https://www.lifewire.com/forward-yah...ddress-1174481

I can now get my yahoo emails on my phone and can reply directly to the sender.

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.3.3057

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-19-19 07:03 AM
    It appears YAHOO may have reversed their most recent attempt to sabotage our access to email from BB10

However..

If you want a more permanent fix, this is what i've done to receive my yahoo emails to my Q10

This IS/WAS the only last resort to dealing with this yahoo cr*p!

I went to www.outlook.com , created a new email account specifically for this forwarding purpose. Once that account was created, I set up that new outlook email address on my Q10.

Once those two things were done, I followed these steps below to begin forwarding my yahoo emails direct into my new outlook account... and voila!

https://www.lifewire.com/forward-yah...ddress-1174481

I can now get my yahoo emails on my phone and can reply directly to the sender.

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.3.3057

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I set up a connected account where in Outlook it "pulls" from Yahoo into my new Outlook account. Funny thing, the setup for the connected account is almost line for line the same IMAP settings I was using on my BlackBerry Classic.

However, I suspect something is up with Yahoo as it took several attempts across 3 different web browsers before it worked. Not sure if the issue was on Outlook or Yahoo's end. However, I noted that in order to access my Yahoo contacts, it was only accessible if I was logged in to Yahoo via Google chrome. I was perplexed as I thought Firefox was the preferred browser for Yahoo.

Anyhow, I am making the switch to Outlook with my other accounts too.

For inquiring minds, I set up the connected account so when I send emails from the Outlook account, it is sent as if I had sent it from my Yahoo account. You need to set up the Connected account with the IMAP version that allows you to send/receive on your Yahoo account.

In the BlackBerry hub setup, use the Exchange Active Sync option. To have it show up in your Hub as if you added it as a Yahoo account, set the following fields as follows:
    Username: Enter your @outlook.com email address.
    Email Address: Enter your @yahoo.com email address.
    Server Address: eas.outlook.com

One word of caution, sent mail copies will not be saved in your Yahoo sent mail, but it will be saved in your Outlook sent items.

I can't comment on if your Yahoo calendar will sync, but I never really used their calendar feature as it was clunky.

As for Contacts, I exported them from Yahoo to my desktop and imported back into my Outlook as a CSV file. Not entirely seamless, but not too difficult merging/cleaning up via my BB10 contacts app.

NOTE: while I chose to Connect my Yahoo account to Outlook, I believe you may be able to do the same using GMail. I chose Outlook primarily because of how easy, fluid and integrated it is with the Hub, Reminder (tasks), Contacts and Calendar apps on my BlackBerry. I don't use any of the local options of these apps at all. The bonus is I can link multiple contacts together for a consolidated view. This is perhaps the biggest reason I don't want to move to Android.

Too bad for Yahoo though. I was also having challenges with integration of my email accounts in the MS Outlook desktop client, but the problems with integration with the Hub was the last straw.

Good luck to others.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-19 09:17 AM
    Outlook email -- sounds like the best solution at this time. This is crazy. I will tell people I have a new email and migrate everything to Outlook.
    01-19-19 01:06 PM
    Again, after 24 hours of working, now yahoo is refusing to connect. 😢😢😢😢
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-19-19 06:53 PM
    Hello ! What are the steps for setting up the Exchange Active Sync? Do you do this after you set up the Outlook account on the phone, or do you use the active Syn as the set-up for that? Also, for the password, do you use the Yahoo webmail Password or the Yahoo "app" password? I'm so confused now with these two passwords. I tried both but they didn't work. I keep getting the message "Your login information for account (...) has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again."
    01-19-19 10:42 PM
    Suddenly started working again...did not do anything special. Let's see how long this lasts.

Posted via CB10
    Vladislavt likes this.
    01-19-19 10:49 PM
    This is the latest ‘explanation’ from Yahoo! regarding the e-mail issue. Obviously, this is a deliberate action to block BlackBerry users access.

Amd to be clear, I was never a voluntary Yahoo! E-mail user... AT&T Worldnet (att.net) that I have used for nearly 2 decades it seems moved my (not free) e-mail accounts to Yahoo! hosting. So, as a customer of AT&T, I am not very pleased that my e-mail provider is voluntarily blocking me from accessing my accounts that I pay for on a device I bought from same company. This could be fixed, or better to say does not have to be an issue... this is a choice Yahoo! is making, not some “mandated” action as the below AT&T reply suggests:

“Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

The changes you were requested to make late last year were due to security standards changes mandate by regulators.

The purpose was to have you re-authenticate onto the new security standard on your Blackberry.

However we discovered last week when you lost functionality of your accounts on your devices that Blackberry does not meet the new standard.

This was discovered by Yahoo! rolling back one of the changes hence why you all were able to access your accounts over the weekend, but as stated above these are regulator mandated changes, so they had to be re-deployed.

The issue lies with Blackberry and is out of the hands of AT&T and Yahoo!.

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Thanks,
    Jeramy G******
    Sr Product Support
    AT&T Mobility & Entertainment”
    01-19-19 11:30 PM
    OK everyone -- I found a new solution that works and it's super easy. I can't believe I figured this out as I'm not well versed in this stuff.

--Delete your Yahoo email from your phone;
    --create an Outlook account (www.outlook.com);
    --on your Blackberry go to email settings and choose "add account";
    --click on "Email, Calendar and Contacts"
    --don't type in anything yet and click immediately on "Advanced";
    --choose Outlook.com option;
    --type in your Outlook username (it's the email you created [email protected];
    --type in your Yahoo email address in the field below
    --type in the webmail password (I know that Yahoo has the new "app" password but it isn't necessary for this Outlook applications);
    --press next;
    --make sure all the syncs you want are in place, then press "Done"
    -- Voilà ! Your email will be working on your phone and when you send an email it will show as coming from your Yahoo.
    --send a test message to yourself;
    --you will receive an Outlook message saying you need to sign into your Outlook account to verify. It will ask you for your phone number and will text you a code. Plug in the code and your email will be up and running for sending and receiving.

Think of this method as setting up Outlook or Thunderbird on your phone, like you do on your desktop. The download time for each email seems slow at first, but then it picked up.

As far as I can tell, this is the best solution so far, if you want to keep your Yahoo account running. At this time I can't figure out how to get it to run IMAP as it seems to be running as POP but I don't care at this point -- I just want to be able to receive and send without confusion to my contacts. Perhaps someone out there can configure this to IMAP but so far I can't find the option in my phone for that. Perhaps it is the Outlook itself that needs to be IMAP -- not sure how that works.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-19-19 11:38 PM
128 12345 ...