My email stopped working. I havve tried to add it again w password. No luck. Keep getting a message that says I can't add email and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Hey lobby,

Have you tried the solutions in the thread above?
    01-17-19 05:20 PM
    My email stopped working again. I have tried to add it again w password. No luck. Keep getting a message that says I can't add email and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. This is getting worse by the day. I wish they'd either fix it or shut it down for once and for all. The current nonsense is simply unacceptable.
    01-17-19 06:07 PM
    Unfortunately, in Canada, one carrier - Rogers - email is Yahoo. Just a pain to switch everything.
    01-17-19 06:25 PM
    OMG. It has done this to me twice in two days. Kicks me off and the special app-specific password no longer works. WTFFFFF?!?!?! Yahoo SUCKS.
    sakthi_ind2001 likes this.
    01-17-19 07:05 PM
    I was blento get calendar and contacts but not email. Tried the special generated one from a month ago, and the rim idea - though I had no idea what I was doing. Still no luck. Ideas.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-17-19 07:09 PM
    So relieved I'm not the only one. Has anyone contacted yahoo?! I hate this company.
    01-17-19 07:13 PM
    It is not working even if you have chosen the "less secure, not recommended" option which they call "Allow apps that use less secure sign in."
    Agree, misery loves company!! Good luck trying to contact Yahoo, Oasis or BlackBerry. It's impossible.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-17-19 07:23 PM
    I contacted Yahoo via chat and after explaining the problem was told it was a technical issue and I would receive an email from Yahoo explaining how to correct it. I am afraid the email is going to contain the same information Yahoo sent back in Nov via email saying on Dec 18th email servers such as BlackBerry Yahoo would no longer work unless you did then two step authentication or allow third party permission. Those processes do not work as of today.
    01-17-19 07:58 PM
    Yes I tried the steps above and it worked until it stopped.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 09:03 PM
    I contacted Yahoo via chat and after explaining the problem was told it was a technical issue and I would receive an email from Yahoo explaining how to correct it. I am afraid the email is going to contain the same information Yahoo sent back in Nov via email saying on Dec 18th email servers such as BlackBerry Yahoo would no longer work unless you did then two step authentication or allow third party permission. Those processes do not work as of today.
    Please let us know!
    01-17-19 09:47 PM
    Again my mail disconnected from sync.

Same error came up - Account info needed - "Your login information for IMAP server [imap.mail.yahoo.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings."

biancafloyd likes this.
    01-17-19 10:23 PM
    Please update us if you get any reply.
    01-17-19 10:27 PM
    Again my mail disconnected from sync.

Same error came up - Account info needed - "Your login information for IMAP server [imap.mail.yahoo.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings."

My error message is exactly the same.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-17-19 10:27 PM
    I wish this is a temporary problem. Yahoo seriously sucks. BlackBerry doesn't give support to the wonderful BB 10 OS and Yahoo with he'll lot of bugs and spam loopholes, it irritate the users. Both sides hit for BlackBerry users.
    01-17-19 10:34 PM
    I wish this is a temporary problem. Yahoo seriously sucks. BlackBerry doesn't give support to the wonderful BB 10 OS and Yahoo with he'll lot of bugs and spam loopholes, it irritate the users. Both sides hit for BlackBerry users.
    so fix your issues and get a supported OS and better email provider! Both options are better than the future of yahoo and BB10
    01-17-19 10:42 PM
    Yahoo was always having issues on BB10, and especially after they admitted getting hacked, then upping their security in ways that befuddle FireFox on W10 too. It was my first email around 20 years ago, and has morphed into mostly a junk email for me now. I have had no issues in the hub on GooBerry though. Spam comes through quite efficiently
    01-17-19 11:04 PM
    My error message is the same too.
    01-17-19 11:04 PM
    So if they advise the two step authentication, we've done that and it's WORKED, WHY does it lock us out of our accounts again?!!?
    01-17-19 11:06 PM
    So if they advise the two step authentication, we've done that and it's WORKED, WHY does it lock us out of our accounts again?!!?
    I would presume security protocols.
    01-17-19 11:21 PM
    Something isn't right here.

I used the exact same setup in MS Outlook 2010 desktop client and it works. Heck, I even tried the rim.imap.yahoo.com and rim.smtp.yahoo.com in the setup with no problem.

It's as if Yahoo is detecting that when I connect from MS Outlook it's ok, but if I try to connect from my BlackBerry Classic, it's not ok.

After wasting a couple hours tonight, I think I'm going to give up on Yahoo and start the process of migrating over to Outlook.

I have convinced my wife to switch to Outlook on her Leap (she's a saint for trusting me on this). I set it up so her Yahoo account is a IMAP/SMTP connected account. I set her Outlook so it will be using her Yahoo account as the send from address. Viola, when she sent a test message to me from her Outlook account, it arrived in my inbox as if it was sent from her Yahoo email address.

I set it up to merge her Yahoo folders with Outlook, so it will take a while for the initial sync. So far the folder structure has synched, so it looks similar to her Yahoo account.

I am looking at doing the same on my end too. The only issue I see is that Outlook has a 15 GB limit vs 1 TB for Yahoo, so I need to make sure I don't blow through that limit.

Regards,
    Anders

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 12:25 AM
    Here's all the details on how to setup a connected account with Outlook. I used the information for setting up "other" accounts in setting up Yahoo! I found that I had to use the Advanced settings to enter the IMAP/SMTP settings manually to get it to synch.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...a-523aa743f0ba

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 12:32 AM
    Not fixed

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 06:00 AM
    I'm having same issue...
    01-18-19 06:52 AM
    Please update us if you get any reply.
    I contacted BB today and they are well aware of the problems with certain email provider accts not working on certain BB phones. They said the problems started last week and they have escalated the issue to the tech software team. They are hoping for a fix in the very near future. In the meantime, they directed me to the website support.blackberry.com/kb (type in 13799 in the search bar for an article on this issue) for further guidance. My cellular service provider, att, was not able to provide any assistance on the matter. I am going to contact yahoo again this morning.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-18-19 09:09 AM
    I contacted Yahoo via chat and after explaining the problem was told it was a technical issue and I would receive an email from Yahoo explaining how to correct it. ....
    I really hope they aren't going to send the email to your Yahoo account.
    BigBadWulf and app_Developer like this.
    01-18-19 09:29 AM
128 1234 ...