Hi.

So everyone knows the old Yahoo problems -- account kicks you off, you delete it, do "allow less secure devices" in Yahoo settings, or two-step verification, and voila! Life goes on again.

Today, that no longer works. I've tried numerous times, for numerous accounts.

Is anyone else having this issue? (I'm sure you are.) All the articles are currently old, so if anyone can offer any new help, please do.

Thank you!

BB Q10, 10.3.3.1435
    poetlocked007 likes this.
    01-11-19 10:55 AM
    Yes my account stopped working last night. I changed the password using my PC then I deleted my account on my Passport but when I tried to add the account again I got a message saying that "at this time your e mail account can't be added. Please try again later". Is this a yahoo issue or is it a RIM issue? The same happened to me late last year....I had no e mail for 3 days then all of a sudden it was back. Any recommendations as to a more reliable e mail provider?
    01-11-19 11:26 AM
    I love outlook.com.... free options or some paid options too.
    01-11-19 11:51 AM
    outlook.com and gmail are some of the better and reliable option for free email. I have accounts on both and never had any issues. Both should still work with BB10 for now but might incur problems down the line same as yahoo.
    01-11-19 12:06 PM
    I use the below settings and works great. Hope it might help you.

SERVER ADDRES:- rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    PORT :- 993
    SMTP SERVER ADDRESS :- rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    PORT :- 465
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-11-19 12:26 PM
    It's staggering to me that anyone is still using Yahoo mail. It's a security nightmare, accounts get locked out with no way to recover them, and reliability makes Fiats and Range Rovers look like Hondas.

And now Verizon has inherited that mess, and it doesn't seem like they are any more willing to spend the money to fix these and other problems.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who is still using Yahoo mail really consider migrating to a modern and well-managed email platform. Gmail and Outlook are obvious candidates, but there are some others.

In any case, I wouldn't trust Yahoo mail for anything today, and I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon ends up shutting it down soon.
    howarmat and app_Developer like this.
    01-11-19 04:55 PM
    Hi.

So everyone knows the old Yahoo problems -- account kicks you off, you delete it, do "allow less secure devices" in Yahoo settings, or two-step verification, and voila! Life goes on again.

Today, that no longer works. I've tried numerous times, for numerous accounts.

Is anyone else having this issue? (I'm sure you are.) All the articles are currently old, so if anyone can offer any new help, please do.

Thank you!

BB Q10, 10.3.3.1435
    I would suggest you not using it...
    one forum (don't know which) was mentioned doubting it's security!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-19 04:35 AM
    I spent the last two days trying to get my Yahoo email integrated with my Z30 and FINALLY got through the glitch.

1. Delete the account
    2. Turn off your phone completely (not a restart). Leave it alone for about 5 minutes.
    3. Restart the phone.
    4. Reinstall your email address using the IMAP choice from the setup menu.
    This should do it. I only restarted the phone, and apparently it didn't clear the old security permissions. A complete shutdown of your phone is required.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-12-19 06:08 AM
    I spent the last two days trying to get my Yahoo email integrated with my Z30 and FINALLY got through the glitch.

1. Delete the account
    2. Turn off your phone completely (not a restart). Leave it alone for about 5 minutes.
    3. Restart the phone.
    4. Reinstall your email address using the IMAP choice from the setup menu.
    This should do it. I only restarted the phone, and apparently it didn't clear the old security permissions. A complete shutdown of your phone is required.
    For all you BB10 Yahoo people out there this worked for me as well. Thanks SonyainTx!

Posted via CB10
    SonyainTx and biancafloyd like this.
    01-12-19 09:43 AM
    I used the imap settings in this thread and it seemed to work. However, I have a yahoo account for my business mail and I don't think I'm receiving the messages from business. I use the same yahoo log in to access my biz email. Any ideas???

Posted via CB10
    01-12-19 02:53 PM
    I found out what yahoo did to cause this mess.

They are now referring to our OS as an APP.

You do not need to change any IMAP or POP settings or fiddle around with the server addresses or any of that cr*p.

Go to your yahoo account via the website and go into the account security settings. At the bottom of that page, go into the "Manage app passwords" section. It will generate a 16 character password for you to use. The password is 4 sets of characters separated by a space and bordered in a blue box (save that password & make sure to keep a copy of it somewhere safe).

Delete the yahoo acct on your phone and then reinstall it (you may not have to delete it first.. try it first without deleting it). For the password, copy and paste that 16 character app password they gave you. Do NOT include any spaces.

*you will NOT be able to use your regular yahoo password on your phone. Only this specific yahoo generated password will work to access your emails & calendar ONLY ON YOUR BB10 PHONE. For website access on your PC/MAC or using any mobile platform to access your yahoo account, your regular password will work, but to access your yahoo emails pushed to your BB10 OS, you will need this app generated password.

Bam, yahoo working again on your BB10

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.3.3057

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jamaa; 01-13-19 at 03:29 AM.
    01-13-19 03:07 AM
    Yahoo is, and has been for a while, a pile of patched files. They have a large amount of password attachment and security issues. I would encourage anyone to transition to Outlook as one of, if not the best, free email program.I use the paid version even over the domain email accounts I have.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-19 10:46 AM
    ++ for outlook.com
    01-15-19 02:52 PM
    Thank you all. I will try the turning off for a while bit.
    01-16-19 03:42 PM
    It just booted me out, so will try the usual fixes, as well as the full shutdown suggestion on in this thread.

My vote goes to outlook over gmail. Like my work email, Outlook supports out of office (maybe it even allows for the out of office designation on calendar invites?). Neither gmail nor yahoo allow out of office from my phone.

I still keep yahoo as a "junk" email account. The outlook and gmail addresses are only given to the more important people.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-19 06:19 PM
    Yahoo! Dropped again from my BlackBerry Classic and wife's Leap.

It was as simple as re-entering our password in thee account screen.

Here's the write up I posted on another thread that worked for us.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1149315
    (Post 28)

As to using Outlook, we both have an account. We are able to sync our calendars and Contacts between phones through Outlook as well. The trick is I have her Outlook account on my phone only for contacts so when I set up/edit contacts, I can update them for both of us.

The other part I like is even the free version of Outlook integrates nicely with my RingCentral fax account. Not only does it allow me to pull up the fax number from my contacts, it pre-populates the fax cover sheet with the recipients info too.

I just wish I could get the same integration with my Ooma too for my contacts as it is a pain to maintain and sync multiple contact lists.

I've thought about a O365 subscription to get a hosted email accounts with Exchange services to simplify so we can have a true shared global address book as well as the additional goodies. I just haven't had the time to do it yet.

Regards,
    Anders

Posted via CB10
    01-16-19 11:27 PM
    I found out what yahoo did to cause this mess.

They are now referring to our OS as an APP.

You do not need to change any IMAP or POP settings or fiddle around with the server addresses or any of that cr*p.

Go to your yahoo account via the website and go into the account security settings. At the bottom of that page, go into the "Manage app passwords" section. It will generate a 16 character password for you to use. The password is 4 sets of characters separated by a space and bordered in a blue box (save that password & make sure to keep a copy of it somewhere safe).

Delete the yahoo acct on your phone and then reinstall it (you may not have to delete it first.. try it first without deleting it). For the password, copy and paste that 16 character app password they gave you. Do NOT include any spaces.

*you will NOT be able to use your regular yahoo password on your phone. Only this specific yahoo generated password will work to access your emails & calendar ONLY ON YOUR BB10 PHONE. For website access on your PC/MAC or using any mobile platform to access your yahoo account, your regular password will work, but to access your yahoo emails pushed to your BB10 OS, you will need this app generated password.

Bam, yahoo working again on your BB10

Q10SQN100-5/10.3.3.3057

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I'm using Z30 with 10.3.3.1435 OS. I deleted my yahoo account at my device due to the same sync issue and done the Two step verification thing at yahoo.com but when I try to install the yahoo account, its says that "At this time your email, calendar and contacts accounts can't be added. Please try again later" ! What to do? Please help. I'm not a tech guy
    01-17-19 02:00 AM
    Same here. No issues with Yahoo on BB10 until today... it finally happened. Going through all recommended solutions, no luck so far.
    2019 is really a "transition year"...
    01-17-19 06:37 AM
    I had the same issue yesterday and the solution which worked for me was by logging on to the yahoo account on a computer and then toggling the allow less secure apps option off and then back on again ( it was already set to on)

delete the account on your bb10 device and then add it back on.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-19 07:03 AM
    I have had the problem today, suddenly yahoo logged me off.

I've created the new app password for blackberry yahoo account on yahoo security page, deleted the old one, tried ones, and nothing happened.

After one hour (without any restarts, shutting down the phone, or anything else) I've tried with the same new app password again, and I was logged in. 😁

(I will force my self, but don't know when (maybe when I am on vacation, before I doubt) to migrate my yahoo on outlook, but it will be so hard work, to change the credentials for over 330 online accounts) 🙄🙄🙄🙄 #headache in the announcement 🤤
    01-17-19 07:53 AM
    I had the same issue yesterday and the solution which worked for me was by logging on to the yahoo account on a computer and then toggling the allow less secure apps option off and then back on again ( it was already set to on)

delete the account on your bb10 device and then add it back on.

Posted via CB10
    This partially worked for me too. After the non sync issue earlier, I did the Two Step verification method in the laptop and deleted my account in my BB Z30 and tried to add the yahoo account but it didn't worked.

After this, I tried this method. I switched OFF the Two step verification and toggled the "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" to OFF and then ON again (it was ON before). When I switched it on, it asked the CAPTCHA verification and did that. Finally I tried to add the yahoo mail account in my device. After trying, it said, This time can not add your "contacts" to the account. So, now my mail and calendar synced now but no contact sync. One main point is this time, I used my existing e-mail password directly and NOT the password I generated at the Two Step verification. (It requires only at the Two step verification method).

So, as of now yahoo mail synced - don't know how long this will work!.
    01-17-19 07:59 AM
    to be clear, am I not able to sync my contacts in addition to my email and calendar?
    01-17-19 10:07 AM
    I will force my self, but don't know when (maybe when I am on vacation, before I doubt) to migrate my yahoo on outlook, but it will be so hard work, to change the credentials for over 330 online accounts[/URL] in the announcement 🤤
    I feel you. I'm in the same boat, moving out from yahoo. In my case, to outlook as well.

As others have pointed out, yahoo is insecure and, now with Verizon on the controls, it became blatantly so: it's part of their terms that they can scan all your emails so that you can be better served with ads. No opt out. Wow, thank you, but no.

I also get that people are still using yahoo these days. I still do. It's hard to move away from an address when everyone knows where to reach you and you have used that email to register with several services. Also, at least for me, many years ago when I adopted yahoo, I much preferred its interface compared to Gmail and hotmail.

Now, to move away from it, it's also a slow process for me. I think I'll follow these steps:

1. Migrate all content. Outlook has an option to sync through imap, basically acting as an email client (that only downloads), so it's easy to copy content. It may take a day or two depending on size and number of messages. I still have this enabled, so I'm getting messages in both sides.

2. Let your contacts know you are changing to a new address. In case someone forgets it's ok, since the process takes some time anyway, so nothing would be lost.

3. Change your address with services you use. I think this is the one that takes more effort and time, because it's hard to automate. Currently, I'm in this step.

4. Delete content from yahoo, so that your data is not mined nor vulnerable to their insecurity. Eventually, one may leave the account open to use as junk mail and register in less important web sites. Also, one may want to disable the sync with Outlook before doing this.

I understand that it's a hassle, but it got to be done!
    Good luck!
    01-17-19 10:14 AM
    I feel you. I'm in the same boat, moving out from yahoo. In my case, to outlook as well.

3. Change your address with services you use. I think this is the one that takes more effort and time, because it's hard to automate. Currently, I'm in this step.

I understand that it's a hassle, but it got to be done!
    Good luck!
    Thanks. I also wish you good luck 😉

Everything else is pretty much easy, just the number 3 is painful 😁

6 or 7 years ago, or even more years ago, I've used the service (go.to), but they have had many other registered domains. They were some redirection email service, where we could register and connect our emails, and use their email domains, which could redirect emails sent to their service to our original emails. (similar to abine's masked emails now have, but with much prettier domains and costumes user_id's, but with the options to send emails from that address)

In such way, no one knows my original email, (I was able to send emails from that address to anyone and to receive also), but most importantly, we could change our original email addresses without any problems. Just on go.to site, we could change connected original address and the syncing were redirected to our new email.

When they stopped working, I was so sad. 😔
    biancafloyd likes this.
    01-17-19 02:15 PM
    My email stopped working again. I have tried to add it again w password. No luck. Keep getting a message that says I can't add email and contacts.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lobbyintx; 01-17-19 at 05:16 PM.
    01-17-19 02:40 PM
128 123 ...