Definitely some things to like in iOS 7 but the colour scheme on those icons is hideous. With the desire to penetrate the enterprise market, I don't know how you can take this as a serious phone. It just seems so childish.
    06-10-13 11:17 PM
    They copied some gestures from BlackBerry and cards from webos and shades/notifications from android. You just earned a cookie. But, what are you adding?

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? Gestures were used in android jb, cards are in wp.

Both OS are well before bb10. Did you actually think that apple concocted swipe gestures in 6 months and decided to copy specifically bb10 gestures.
    06-10-13 11:19 PM
    I have mixed feelings on iOS 7. On the one hand, they really improved the OS to make it more dynamic. Those who were planning on fleeing iOS because of a stagnating feel are probably going to stay. They've really cleaned things up and have noticed taken up Google, Microsoft, and BlackBerry up on their challenge.

On the other hand, the new UI and gestures definitely look a bit confusing, even more so than BlackBerry 10's. They incorporated gestures, but some of them are diagonal, others are incorporated in a way that makes them an addition, maybe not a necessity. For instance, they have swipe to unlock, but you still need the hardware lock button. The bezels, as far as I know, won't be touch sensitive like the Z10, Q10, or PlayBook. It seems they took a bit of BB10's gestures, but couldn't do away with hardware buttons entirely so they kind of did it halfway. Also, while the OS looks cleaner, the bright colors gives it a cartoony and childish feel. The colors make it look a bit less sophisticated and more like a (forgive me) "toy". I like some of the elements Apple went with, but overall I like coming back to my Z10.

At the end of the day, the iPhone is still just a grid of icons and allows you to do one thing at a time. It's kind of poses the question that many had for BB10 when it first launched: Existing users will probably stay, but how many new users from other platforms will it attract? It has a new look, but doesn't really change the way you use the phone or any of its features.

There's a statement that Apple made, and it's that they saw the challenge from their competitors and decided to take a different, somewhat unique move. What I am interested in is how BlackBerry will respond. 10.1 and 10.2 look to be great in addressing a lot of the bugs that were in the original 10.0 release software, but there is a lot of work to be done in BlackBerry 10. The lock screen can become more dynamic, the Hub needs some fixing with respect to backtracking and other things, the icons could use some polishing, wallpapers need not be static, and Active Frames opens up a world of possibilities. BlackBerry should not just look at expanding current features, but should also look towards uncharted territory and look to be the first to do something. I hope the company keeps looking at ways to keep itself fresh. Because 2013 was the year BB10 launched, I understand the reasons behind 10.1 and 10.2. But come this fall with BB Jam Asia, I hope we begin to look at major UI design revisions and fixes, as well as new features in the next major revision of BlackBerry 10.
    06-10-13 11:23 PM
    Yeah... I know. One official feature update, at least one more to come this year. By using this strategy, BlackBerry can implement features much faster than iOS and Android. I think people will appreciate that. Also it keeps people talking about BlackBerry, look at all the people lurking at the leaks!

Posted via CB10
    Sure people that already bought a bb would appreciate it but what about those that haven't or gearing towards other platforms? This is where bb loses that war, they need new customers. Just because bb10 allows you to swipe to your hearts desire it doesn't mean it's the best OS around.

The last time I checked people are not exactly lining up for a bb, that's a testament to my above reason. And no I don't think bb is as feature rich as an iphone 5 and ios7. For practically the same amount of money the best bang is an iphone bc you have access to all these integration and services that only google can match and surpass, bb is on the outside looking in and in every way. BB is not even close, they may have it one day but the fact is they don't now.

I predict that net net this yr bb will loose more market share bc of those factors. With the iphone 5 and 4s price set to go lower even free as apple releases the ip5s or 6 that would be difficult for bb to compete. BB is getting fired at direction from google/samsung/android, apple, msft/nokia and it'll be tough for bb to fend off. Those people that shorted bbry stock knows this thats why the huge short position.
    jgz10 likes this.
    06-10-13 11:40 PM
    It's not what I think, it's what investors want. All Apple has is its hardware, and investors are getting tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    All Apple has is hardware.

Wow. Just Wow.
    06-10-13 11:41 PM
    Are you serious? Gestures were used in android jb, cards are in wp.

Both OS are well before bb10. Did you actually think that apple concocted swipe gestures in 6 months and decided to copy specifically bb10 gestures.
    The person you responded to included BB10, Webos, and Android. Why is it that your eyes only saw BB10 there?
    06-10-13 11:41 PM
    Even Apple copy cat the BB, i will love it. So i can use my both Mobile Phone with swipe things
    06-11-13 12:10 AM
    Apple have something up their sleeve and I can't figure out what it is, but they are making very deliberate moves, a little hardware here, a little software there, then some more hardware, etc.

They are obviously making sure everything works together a little bit at a time, but what the big reveal is is going to be interesting. They are leading up to something.

I don't know if any of you noticed it in the midst of the blind hatred, but the big loser today was Google. They lost a great big chunk of one of their biggest us timer accounts today. The deliberate mentions on stage of both Yahoo and Bing, saying that Siri now defaults to Bing. I think there are some unhappy folks at Google tonight.
    06-11-13 12:20 AM
    They have had gestures in iOS for a while now. There are refining them much better now it appears.
    Agreed - that's true...
    06-11-13 12:21 AM
    according to apple, "innovating" is equal to "borrowing."
    I know that sounds apple hater-ish but whatever. Seriously there is not really anything new or different. It's just the same app grid except the icons look like hello kitty versions of nokia meego icons. (just my opinion they look bad). But I'm not seeing the "innovation" in using sames swipes a la webos (and bb10) and setting toggles already common...and organizing photos by date and location....
    All great things, but overblown.

I did like the things I saw with Mac os X. Was REALLY hoping for a new update to the macbook pro line...but nope!
    06-11-13 12:54 AM
    BlackBerry needs to play catch up yet again.

Posted via CB10
    Catch up on what?
    06-11-13 01:13 AM
    I had an iphone before switching to the z10 as ios seemed stale. Ios 7 would have kept me an iphone user for longer as it looks fresh and very polished BUT I still think that bb10 has more potential and I hope in the next few updates BlackBerry will polish the OS so it looks as complete as ios7. I am sure that ios will still dominate for years but hopefully BlackBerry will provide a solid os alternative and be competitive enough to be worth a mention on some of apples pie charts in their presentations.

Posted via CB10
    spvsarah likes this.
    06-11-13 01:55 AM
    What's in the iOS 7 that bb10 doesn't have? I'm kinda confused.

Posted via CB10
    Shhh....
    Don't you know? iOS 7 is God's gift to us mere mortal humans!!
    06-11-13 02:05 AM
    Definitely copying BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Rather copying everything and everyone :P (again and again...) </scnr>

russworman likes this.
    06-11-13 02:12 AM
    bb10 already looks dated compared to ios 7

SQN100-3 via CB10
    Of course them berries are so stale;
    the fresh apple just dropped on my head!
    06-11-13 02:13 AM
    Lol check out these two tweets from Alex Kinsella (retweeted by him) and Michael Clewley, respectively:

Posted via CB10
    They need to be careful when throwing around those accusations considering all the borrowing they did themselves.

Just sayin'.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 02:16 AM
    The boys at Apple has done it again - I think the overall clean look and new interface is pretty cool and could make me fall in love with the iphone all over again...but my Q will be my primary workhorse !
    06-11-13 03:17 AM
    Some one just said the blackberry os already looks dated.... o yeeah for real. whats so special about ios7. It not even out yet and someone just said that. O my days . O yea with little mind still underestimating the blackberry 10. Smh

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 03:28 AM
    Well you must mean bb users that still requires a kb
    If you mean a keyboard I see that as a personal choice more than a requirement. just like using Apple products. Personal Choice.
    06-11-13 11:07 AM
    BB 10 borrowed but they also added some new items that weren't purely cosmetic, like this keyboard I'm typing on right now. What non cosmetic items did iOS 7 add that's not available elsewhere? It's more Apple catching up to the interface of modern mobiles, which is good for there base.

That said I don't really see BB10 there. More a copy of Webos/ PlayBook and WP8 rolled into one.
    taz323 likes this.
    06-11-13 11:59 AM
120 ... 345