I can't backup my Z10. I'm frustrated. I'm on TMO US and am running the most recent TMO BB10 version - I can't recall the exact number.

So my problem is similar with both sachesi and link.

I start a backup and it appears to start. Both link and sachesi report they are creating a backup and my Z10 shows "Backup in Progress". However the progress stays at 0% for many minutes (it feels like 30 min or so) and then the backup just stops. No error message. Nada. WTF?

I don't really have a clue where and how to figure out what's wrong with the backups. Anyone else have any experience with this?
    10-12-14 08:18 PM
    Of course.. right as I post this my next backup (via Sachesi) finally moves beyond zero and is ticking up wards, slowly.

I did go in and turned on dev mode, and turned off my password and auto lock.

Hoping that this backup actually finishes.. I'll let it sit for a few hours and see what happens.
    10-12-14 08:23 PM
    Is Link working otherwise? Maybe you need to uninstall it. Clean the cache with CCleaner. Then reboot. Install again and then try it?
    10-12-14 08:23 PM
    Is Link working otherwise? Maybe you need to uninstall it. Clean the cache with CCleaner. Then reboot. Install again and then try it?
    Link has been trempramental lately. It stopped syncing and finding my pictures on the SD card. SD card not encrypted. I haven't started looking into that yet since I figured I would wipe clean my device and start over.. but first I wanted to just make sure I had a backup of everything just in case I needed something back. So that's how I ended up with this little problemo.

I found it interesting that Sachesi had the same issue with backups.
    10-12-14 08:27 PM
    I've had a few people recently say that Link was unable to backup but Sachesi was able to backup using the 'Blind backup option' now available since 1.9.3.
    10-12-14 08:29 PM
    I've had a few people recently say that Link was unable to backup but Sachesi was able to backup using the 'Blind backup option' now available since 1.9.3.
    I'm using 1.9.4 on osX but do not see that option on the Backup screen. Where can I find that and what does it do?

..backup up to 24% and still going. Not hope full though. It sometimes tricks me like this and when I'm not looking it just stops. =/
    10-12-14 08:31 PM
    Hm.. had to step away and come back. The backup wasn't running anymore - no idea if it completed. Is Sachesi supposed to inform you when a backup completes sucessfully? It still says unknown for backup size.
    10-12-14 09:52 PM
    I'm using 1.9.4 on osX but do not see that option on the Backup screen. Where can I find that and what does it do?

..backup up to 24% and still going. Not hope full though. It sometimes tricks me like this and when I'm not looking it just stops. =/
    Backup blind means allowing to start the backup without loading backup sizes first.
    One issue is it will never know the size of each backup section but it doesn't need to. The percent complete is reported by the device.

Link and old Sachesi try to load backup sizes first but due to a bug in bb10, having too many apps can cause this to timeout and never return. This is the situation you were experiencing and for this reason Sachesi is actually the only known way for you to do a backup.

If not running anymore and no error then it was a success.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-12-14 09:58 PM
    Thank you for that information. Yes that looks like what I did. The Sachesi app could not calculate backup sizes so I backed up like that anyway.

Looks like the backup completed successfully! If these backup files can successfully restore I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:18 AM
    I've had the same issue for months I believe it has to do with the size of my app data, which is 5 gigs!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:06 PM
    I've had the same issue for months I believe it has to do with the size of my app data, which is 5 gigs!

Posted via CB10
    Mine turned out to be 8 gigs!

I do think that in addition to using Sachesi my backup finally worked after turning off auto lock and removing my password before doing the backup.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:08 PM
    Mine turned out to be 8 gigs!

I do think that in addition to using Sachesi my backup finally worked after turning off auto lock and removing my password before doing the backup.

Posted via CB10
    I'd still look into reinstalling Link, and doing some PC maintenance where it's concerned. I have rather large backups as well; you shouldn't need to do anything with the device other than plugging it in. But you already know this.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:38 PM
    This will have no effect on the backup. There's really nothing in the backup code that touches password or auto lock after the initial login (which works fine with either).

If you have a lot of apps that contain small files, the backup sizes loading will timeout and you will not be able to backup with Link. This is a known issue since OS 10.0. Never fixed. It gets worse with each update as the backup listing becomes slower.
    10-13-14 09:58 PM
    I can't backup even with sachesi: after i put on "load backup option" nothing appens! Another idea?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:11 PM
    I can't backup even with sachesi: after i put on "load backup option" nothing appens! Another idea?

Posted via CB10
    Same here. It just stays at 0%... And if I try with Link I get the backup did not complete error.
    07-15-15 01:00 PM
    Any new solutions to this? Still cannot backup with Link nor Sachesi.
    10-21-15 03:14 PM
    Any new solutions to this? Still cannot backup with Link nor Sachesi.
    Do not press the 'load backup option'. This is why it is failing. Link and Sachesi will both fail due to a timeout on the device.

This is why the option 'Backup Blind' is now available. Use this and it will work every time! Look at your device screen to work out percentage complete.
    10-21-15 07:02 PM
    Do not press the 'load backup option'. This is why it is failing. Link and Sachesi will both fail due to a timeout on the device.

This is why the option 'Backup Blind' is now available. Use this and it will work every time! Look at your device screen to work out percentage complete.
    I don't even do that. I press backup blind but everything always stays at 0%. Never goes through...

And on Link I get the famous "Backup did not complete" error every time.
    10-21-15 07:36 PM