I know this has been posted before but it's driving me nuts.

- when I add a new contact, why does it sometimes disappear?

- why does the contacts within the phone app only display a few of my contacts, despite many others in my contacts app having phone numbers? (I get that it won't and shouldn't display contacts without phone numbers)

- why does it NOT remove Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter contacts etc when I switch those to off?

Perhaps some of the few remaining employees left st blackberry can address this? Can anyone verify that the contacts app has improved in 10.2?

I'm sick of looking forward to better things with blackberry...all of us blackberry diehards have put up with a lot over the years, but the BARE MINIMUM I ask is that when I have a contact and I try to call them, and I know they're there, don't f* with my head and delete them. We don't memorize phone numbers anymore so this is crucial.

Rant over.

If anyone has any tried and true fixes for the above issues I'd greatly appreciate the help. FYI I don't sync with Gmail or Outlook or anything else. I simply moved my contacts over from my 9900 back in Feb and add new manually as I get them. Somehow that simple formula still f*ks up for me.

Ugggh.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    rai187, surgeon1919 and Dude_9 like this.
    09-27-13 02:29 PM
    The best OS out there...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:11 PM
    I haven't had this issue as long as I stay away from Link. But I totally get your frustration. You expressed what so many feel. BlackBerry has got to take care of us. Since the link update I just can't bring myself to use it because I dread the possibility of a huge mess I don't have the time to fix. I keep limping along hoping official10.2 will fix it. Sigh. Wish I could help and sure hope someone has a fix for you!

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    09-27-13 03:22 PM
    Contacts not showing up in the phone app contact list is because you have contacts linked across your various contact sources.

Unlink those and they will show up.

BB Link has nothing to do with it.

10.2 does fix this, BTW.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:27 PM
    Mine used to do that until I got the 10.1 MR. Now I have no trouble with my contacts app, but I recall the frustration.
    09-27-13 03:28 PM
    I beg to differ. I'm on 10.2.1. and still have all these issues including excessive duplicates.

Doesn't look like it's something they can fix.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    09-27-13 04:29 PM
    I beg to differ. I'm on 10.2.1. and still have all these issues including excessive duplicates.

Doesn't look like it's something they can fix.
    it's duplicating from SOMEWHERE...link, contacts from email, SIM card...it's not just replicating on its own. I use Gmail for my contacts and leave everything else off...and it works great.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:41 PM
    Guys......This isn't a school playground. No need for threats or taunts.
    Your lucky I'm not a mod
    09-27-13 06:27 PM
    Stop with the insults
    09-27-13 06:45 PM
    I had that issue and even posted in a previous thread here in the forum but it got solved when updated to OS 10.1
    My contacts did not show up in the 'phone' app and had to go to the 'contact' app to find most of them, it was a very uncomfortable discrepancy that disappeared when I updated the OS. As I can read some of you are still having the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the responses...

I'm going to unlink all of my contacts and then deselect all of the social network contacts (bbm, Facebook, Twitter etc), and hopefully that will solve some of these frustrations. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point...

I'm looking forward to 10.2 and REALLY hoping blackberry is actively listening to its loyal userbase to fix their problems and give them what they want.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:18 PM
    I am also having problems on my Q10 running 10.2 where I would turn off Facebook and twitter in the settings of the contacts, exit the contacts, And whenever I open the contacts the Facebook and twitter contacts were turned back on.
    09-27-13 08:34 PM
    Contacts not showing up in the phone app contact list is because you have contacts linked across your various contact sources.

Unlink those and they will show up.

BB Link has nothing to do with it.

10.2 does fix this, BTW.

Posted via CB10
    Incredible behavior. I cannot believe that the link feature needs to be dumped in order to have contacts and phone app synchronized.

BlackBerry used to be the master in contacts and phone app features, behaviors and usability.

With BB10 seems like they are still in "middle school" learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:00 PM
    A tool not a toy...just not a very functional tool...

Phone/Contacts are disasters in BB10. This from the "business device", "tool maker" not "toy maker". Well, Phone/Contacts in that "toy" iOS are 1000x better.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:49 AM
    *update*

So I went through each and every contact I have and de-linked them from previously linked Facebook, LinkedIn, bbm, etc.

Presto!

Now when I deselect the contacts app showing the additional social networks it actually works. The contacts within the phone app now show all of my contacts.

Who would have known such a disastrous linking scheme would cause so many issues.

Now the only other issue I had wad contacts magically erasing by themselves. I'll have to monitor over the next while and see if this happens again.

Thanks again for the responses and suggestions!

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:32 AM
    *2nd update*

So contacts are still disappearing, I use INTOUCH contacts backup and I'm not sure if that might also have something to do with it.

The amount of time spent on just getting a clean contacts list is really tiring.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:28 AM
    Did you try Contact X from BBWorld? It helped to clean up my Contacts (I had dupes). Not sure it would help with this problem, but it was worth the $ for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:24 AM
    Thanks Benjamin, downloaded ContactX and will give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:53 AM
    Having a noob moment, where is the contacts csv file on the z10 to export?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:06 PM
    Nevermind. Exported csv successfully

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:10 PM
    *2nd update*

So contacts are still disappearing, I use INTOUCH contacts backup and I'm not sure if that might also have something to do with it.

The amount of time spent on just getting a clean contacts list is really tiring.

Posted via CB10
    FYI - I happen to look at my intouch web account today and noticed a good bit of errors. Wrong pictures, company names and phone numbers. This could have been user error, however, before you sync - check it.
    09-28-13 03:15 PM
    *update*

So I went through each and every contact I have and de-linked them from previously linked Facebook, LinkedIn, bbm, etc.

Presto!

Now when I deselect the contacts app showing the additional social networks it actually works. The contacts within the phone app now show all of my contacts.

Who would have known such a disastrous linking scheme would cause so many issues
    So I have this straight, if I go through and unlink all my contacts, my contact settings will work again?? Sort order, toggles etc?? If so, you are a God lol
    09-28-13 03:33 PM
    I've had issues with the contacts app losing custom ringtone assignments and de-linking many of my BBM contacts (but oddly, one always stays linked). I've determined that it has something to do with the fact that I use an Activesync account (outlook.com) to manage my contacts and calendar. It seems that every so often something happens where the contacts de-link and ringtone assignments are lost (and my calendar colours all change).

Unfortunately, I have no idea how or why it happens or how to prevent it. I've reported it to BlackBerry though. Rest assured, you aren't the only person with contact issues.
    09-28-13 03:34 PM
    Same here. On the 10.2 .. 1443 leak. Had issues with contacts disappearing since day one on 10.0 on Verizon.

I can forgive all else. But going to dial someone who is a business associate whom I've had in my other BlackBerrys contacts DB for literally years (and did migrate over to my Z10) -- just to find that poof they are gone. This is really ticking me off. The latest one was just a short bit ago. I have a business contact for which I simply had his first name and phone number in the contacts. No Facebook linking, none of that crap.

Poof. He's not there even though I know he was about a month and a half ago. That's the last time I called him.

Searched high and low. He's gone.

About the only sure fire way I have found to prevent this is to add the contact directly inside Gmail via a web browser. Then let it replicate back down to the device. Anything I add to the device I simply don't trust anymore. Great mobile "experience" there BlackBerry.

Not the last straw -- but almost. Might have to fire up the 9850 and start leaving the Z10 on my desk at home.
    09-30-13 06:09 PM
    Why would you tolerate this? I'd be gone in a second if I had contacts disappearing!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:48 PM
35 12