That is nothing like Android. Google's Apps are deployed to Android via Apps. They are not integrated into the system like iCloud and SkyDrive are at the OS layer. This is why you need Google+ Profile + App to Auto-Sync Photos, while SkyDrive/iCloud can do this without an app via built-in functionality.
    You still need a MS account to log in and save all that stuff just like you need a Apple ID and just like you need a google account. It's no different.

Apps on Windows 8 and Windows Phone can all save their settings to SkyDrive. When you go from one PC to another and log in with your Microsoft Account, it can pull down all your Apps and the associated data. Google only Syncs mostly just their own Google Apps' data to your account, not third party app data.
    What third party data can you sync from Windows 8 to Windows Phone? From PC to PC all I see is the Metro tile arrangement and colors, again nothing amazing.

Browser Synching is limited to using Chrome on both the PC and the Phone. IE is obvious on Windows, but iCloud can pull IE bookmarks from Windows with their control panel.
    Chrome can pull IE bookmarks. What can IE pull and sync at this very moment on windows phone?

Interoperability has been there since before 2010, but it's always been dependent on components like Microsoft ActiveSync, BlackBerry Desktop Manager, iTunes, etc. Microsoft has implemented all of this on the back-end, to the point that you almost never have to plug your Phone/Tablet into the PC anymore.
    Almost doesn't cut it, at this moment they're still lagging behind Google and Apple. Thats pathetic.

If you want to Sync to Outlook and do not want to use iCloud, you are going to be using iTunes. Use cases can differ.
    Maybe, but I can't comment as I don't personally use outlook. I use it at work, but not personally.

No one wants a full office suite on a mobile. You may think you do, but you don't use it that way. It doesn't need to be best in class. it only needs to be good enough. Additionally, Office Mobile on Windows Phone is better than on iOS and Android.
    It doesn't have to be the full suite, it still lacks what Documents to Go offers. Pages pawns it, simple as that. The only app worse than Office Mobile is Quick Office, and that's really pathetic.

Not there on BB10. Why? We both know why.
    I honestly don't know why.

It actually works better than the Chrome Synching on Windows 8.1.

Then you should have ditched your blackberries years ago!!!
    I don't own a blackberry device. Just a iPhone and Lumia at the moment. I'm learning about blackberry and looking to find a good price on one, so no BB bias from me. Sorry.
    10-21-13 10:12 AM
    How is pages easier to use than Office Mobile? Lol.

If Documents to Go can't render Word Documents the way they appear on my PC screen in Word 2013, then it has failed.

And it has consistently failed for me.

Again, a lot more goes into how "good" an office document is than what you prefer or like. Switching fonts out in the background is a huge fail, as is removing styling assets from the document.

Both D2G and Pages do this. They're not usable. They force your document to look (and print) completely differently than in Word. Even the pagination in those suites are different than it is in word, because they don't support Word 2013 (stock) style types. Fonts are different. Font sizes are different. Line spacing is different. Pagination is different as a result. Etc.

It's a hot mess.

Word Mobile doesn't have these issues.

Personally, I think OfficeSuite Pro and Polaris Office are both better than Documents to Go, but you will say otherwise simply because RIM bought the assets from DataVis (unsurprisingly!) :-P
    I'm talking about mobile apps, and you must don't know how to use them. Pages pawns office mobile, have you even used it on a phone? The sheer ease of use will win anybody over. I won't even mention Numbers, it pawns too.

Also when office 2013 takes over office 2010 or even 2007 let me know. Until then...

I have no vested interest in RIM at the moment, like I just said I don't own a blackberry device. Just a iPhone and this Lumia 920.
    10-21-13 10:17 AM
    I'm talking about mobile apps, and you must don't know how to use them. Pages pawns office mobile, have you even used it on a phone? The sheer ease of use will win anybody over. I won't even mention Numbers, it pawns too.

Also when office 2013 takes over office 2010 or even 2007 let me know. Until then...

I have no vested interest in RIM at the moment, like I just said I don't own a blackberry device. Just a iPhone and this Lumia 920.
    I've used it in a phone I have had iOS devices.

Same issue with 2010 styles. I just upgraded. What is your point?

Lol @ Numbers. You're hilarious...

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-21-13 10:25 AM
    FinancialP you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and sound like you haven't really used Windows 8.1, Office 2013 and Windows Phone.

Microsoft has had cloud services longer than both those. iCloud is hosted on Azure, and Google had to scramble to get Drive out. Docs is terrible.

Hatred for all things Microsoft is the only viable explanation for these asinine posts...

The only competitive app in iWorks compared to Office 2007+ is Keynote, if you're kinda lazy...

Mobile sites are used with their desktop or web counterparts, so you have to factor more in. Yes, let everyone use an so that destroys formatting. They need the ease of use (your opinion) for when they have to fix all those formatting problems..

10-21-13 10:29 AM
    90% of EUC is done on Microsoft products. That says it all.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 11:41 AM
    FinancialP you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and sound like you haven't really used Windows 8.1, Office 2013 and Windows Phone.

Microsoft has had cloud services longer than both those. iCloud is hosted on Azure, and Google had to scramble to get Drive out. Docs is terrible.

Hatred for all things Microsoft is the only viable explanation for these asinine posts...

The only competitive app in iWorks compared to Office 2007+ is Keynote, if you're kinda lazy...

Mobile sites are used with their desktop or web counterparts, so you have to factor more in. Yes, let everyone use an so that destroys formatting. They need the ease of use (your opinion) for when they have to fix all those formatting problems..

I own a ****ty 920, office mobile sucks dude. It gets the job done if need be, but moving photos around is a real PITA. Just my opinion. I own a RT tablet and my desktop was just upgraded to 8.1, cloud services aren't nothing to be bragging about.

Who hates all things Microsoft? Way to make assumptions, not a good look.
    10-21-13 02:41 PM
    Moving photos around lol

But mucking up formatting and styling makes the rest superior?

I'm confused. Please get back to me when you realize most people read and review from mobile, not try to format documents on 4.5" smartphone screens. Moving pictures around is ignorable compared to the issues I listed.

What world are you living in?

To the other person. What governments use is different than what consumers, freelancers, and small businesses use. EUC moving to some other things don't even touch on that.

EDIT: Uploaded the Document to Google Drive...

Google Docs (Web): All Fonts Correctly (expected, since I'm running from a Windows Machine). Some Styling is not accurate, but it's the most accurate non-Office render that I've been able to get (Word, Word Mobile, and Word Web App are pixel perfect).

QuickOffice (Android): Fonts were substituted (expected). Same styling missing as Docs, but the formatting is better than Pages (Web), OfficeSuite Pro 7, and Polaris Office 4. The font substitution it made is superior to that made by Pages as well, so the whole document looks quite a bit better as a result. I don't expect QO on iOS to be any different.

As for the usability aspect, I find QO to be as good as D2G or Pages. Google has a different design language and philosophy, but they are pretty consistent with it throughout their apps so that isn't really an issue. It's like saying the Ribbon is Good or Bad in Windows/Office/Live Essentials/whatever. Personal preference and doesn't matter once you are used to using it since you get quite efficient at knowing where to go for things.

QO has really, really good spell checking, as well...

I still chuckle at the Moving Photos around thing. That's what I have a PC for. I don't create and do heavy edits from Mobile. I review. I have Practice and Training Plans/Trackers that I have laid out in Word and Excel. I want them to display properly on the phone. I'm using it to type a million word book report and do layout :-P

I guess by your logic people can conclude Photoshop Touch sucks because they cannot merge HDR images from RAW files on their phone :-P Some perspective would help you...
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-22-13 at 01:21 AM.
    10-21-13 02:43 PM
32 12