A friend of mine said that he was going to buy the 1020 at Christmas. I questioned him about what other devices he had tried, and he said he was fed up of his iphone, and already had most of the galaxy devices. I questioned him about BB, and he said that he thought it was going bust, that it was in the news. I told him that nobody's sure yet, though i think it won't, and he said that he doesn't want a phone like his sisters curve. I told him the system was all new, and he still said that it would still be like os7. I just really realized the extent of blackberries marketing flop.

On a side note, my local EE, 3 and car phone warehouse have a prominent display of all the bb10 devices, though they swapped the 10 for the z30. I also tried the 5s, z1, 1020, s4, and q5
    10-17-13 10:44 AM
    A friend of mine said that he was going to buy the 1020 at Christmas. I questioned him about what other devices he had tried, and he said he was fed up of his iphone, and already had most of the galaxy devices. I questioned him about BB, and he said that he thought it was going bust, that it was in the news. I told him that nobody's sure yet, though i think it won't, and he said that he doesn't want a phone like his sisters curve. I told him the system was all new, and he still said that it would still be like os7. I just really realized the extent of blackberries marketing flop.

On a side note, my local EE, 3 and car phone warehouse have a prominent display of all the bb10 devices, though they swapped the 10 for the z30. I also tried the 5s, z1, 1020, s4, and q5
    Well, you know what to do. Take him to one of the stores. Dare him say it's the same thing. Bet him a coffe or something to make it fun.
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-18-13 at 06:51 PM.
    eddy_berry and bitek like this.
    10-17-13 10:51 AM
    Well, you k ow what to do. Take him to one of the stores. Dare him say it's the same thing. Bet him a coffe or something to make it fun.
    Precisely.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    10-17-13 10:53 AM
    That would be fun. He seemed like he had some bad experiences with the curve. I noticed that phones are starting to get a bit too big, though that's my opinion.
    10-17-13 10:57 AM
    This same thing happened not too long ago. A friend said that bbm is being sold, and that blackberry is bankrupt.
    10-17-13 11:00 AM
    Same thing happened to me. I got confused, didn't know what to say so I headbutted her. Now we're divorced.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-18-13 01:28 PM
    This is the main reason BlackBerry 10 devices are not selling. Everybody thinks they are dead. And because of this they probably will be. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Sadly, there's nothing they (BlackBerry) can do about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 03:23 PM
    That would be fun. He seemed like he had some bad experiences with the curve. I noticed that phones are starting to get a bit too big, though that's my opinion.
    I came from a 9780, I was quite worried about size then. Now I barely think it's big. Feels like it's just about right (specially when I see my mum's RAZR HD or the iPhone5. Former is too wide, latter too slim. lol).

This is the main reason BlackBerry 10 devices are not selling. Everybody thinks they are dead. And because of this they probably will be. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Sadly, there's nothing they (BlackBerry) can do about it.

Posted via CB10
    They can learn marketing.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-13 03:37 PM
    Oooh snap.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-13 04:04 PM
    I came from a 9780, I was quite worried about size then. Now I barely think it's big. Feels like it's just about right (specially when I see my mum's RAZR HD or the iPhone5. Former is too wide, latter too slim. lol).

They had a lot of ads here in the UK since they launched BlackBerry 10. Most of them were focused on productivity which is what BlackBerry 10 is about. At some point BlackBerry had more exposure in London than Apple and Samsung together. It didn't help. Why? Because no matter how big a marketing campaign is, it can be killed by a stupid article in The Guardian (a bad review or a rumour they heard about BlackBerry not being secure enough for the British government).

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 04:07 PM
    They had a lot of ads here in the UK since they launched BlackBerry 10. Most of them were focused on productivity which is what BlackBerry 10 is about. At some point BlackBerry had more exposure in London than Apple and Samsung together. It didn't help. Why? Because no matter how big a marketing campaign is, it can be killed by a stupid article in The Guardian (a bad review or a rumour they heard about BlackBerry not being secure enough for the British government).

Posted via CB10
    Well... Marketing is NOT just ads. I stand by what I said. Their problem is perception and part of the solution to that is marketing.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-18-13 06:53 PM
    I'm starting to think a lot of you forgot about the open letter.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:44 AM
    Well, you know what to do. Take him to one of the stores. Dare him say it's the same thing. Bet him a coffe or something to make it fun.
    Nothing can compete with that camera, so if that's why he's buying don't waste your time. Telling him anything else short of a PureView 808 is as good as that camera phone is a flat out lie.

Also, if you use Windows 8.1 that OS interior ridiculously well with it. Kinda like OSX and iOS.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    engmessam likes this.
    10-19-13 01:52 AM
    No he he just wants to do work on it, and he wants to try wp8 because he said he played around with it. BTW, in the uk i haven't seen ANY BB ads after the Q10 launch.
    10-19-13 03:03 AM
    No he he just wants to do work on it, and he wants to try wp8 because he said he played around with it. BTW, in the uk i haven't seen ANY BB ads after the Q10 launch.
    Where do you live? There were ads everywhere in London: Metro, Evening Standard, bus stations, the Waterloo IMAX building, CPW, Phones4U, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheoRadu; 10-19-13 at 06:38 AM.
    10-19-13 06:27 AM
    Manchester. Have you seen any tv ads? I've seen 1.
    10-19-13 06:32 AM
    I'm starting to think a lot of you forgot about the open letter.

Posted via CB10
    Hardly. But thing is, we know about it, some people that buy newspapers may know about it. The majority of the world still thinks what the media wants them to think.

If we can "educate" people on BB10, I think we should. No fanboyism. Just plain simple facts. BB10 is powerful enough to stand on facts alone. If we had more apps, we would be able to shut people's mouth for good.

Nothing can compete with that camera, so if that's why he's buying don't waste your time. Telling him anything else short of a PureView 808 is as good as that camera phone is a flat out lie.

Also, if you use Windows 8.1 that OS interior ridiculously well with it. Kinda like OSX and iOS.

Solid point. Lumias and cameras are really on a league of their own. But undoing the misconception is still good.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-19-13 09:52 AM

Integrate you mean?

If so, I just don't see it. It's interoperability is no different than any of the other major OSs.
    10-19-13 10:31 AM
    Integrate you mean?

If so, I just don't see it. It's interoperability is no different than any of the other major OSs.
    You're not supposed to see it. They integrate on the back end, like iOS but even taking it a bit further.

Xbox Music Matches your music, so you can stream them from any device you own.
    Office Saves to SkyDrive by default, so you can view them on your Windows or Windows Phone devices without issue.
    Windows 8.1 has the option to save to SkyDrive by default, which is integrated with Windows Phone.
    Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone can both Auto-Sync Photos and Videos to SkyDrive.
    There is a Metro App for Windows Phone that lets you manage media and files on the device, without installing bulky software like Link, iTunes, Zune, etc. (since most of these services are built into Windows 8.1, anyways).
    Apps like Fresh Paint use SkyDrive and allow you to go from Phone to PC trivially to work on things.

Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 use the same account and backend service integration for integrating accounts with the system (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).

The beauty of it all, is that it just works. It's not something you have to "see" or look for. The ecosystem is that well tied into each platform.

Windows Phone 8.1 is almost assured to improve on that, likely bringing things like Tab Synching, Reading List Synching, etc. to Windows Phone (as well as port some of the new Bing Apps over, with back end synchronization). I really like what Microsoft is doing there. I'm really itching to get a Windows Phone (even a budget one, just so I can take advantage of some of the tie-ins) after seeing the improvements in Windows 8.1.

That's the difference. Microsoft is heavily utilizing their back end to integrate the two, and it actually makes the software more efficient since your device isn't polling for data, going out of Sync, etc. What one Windows device sees, all the rest see as well. Everything seems very consistent as a result, as well.

And this Smart Files stuff for SkyDrive on Windows 8.1 is some of the most ballin' **** I've ever seen. I know a couple people who are now pissed they didn't lock in their 25GB space allotment when they had the chance :-)
    kbz1960 and tack like this.
    10-19-13 10:44 AM
    Like I said it's no different than what's already offered today on iOS and Android. Even better on Android because you're not limited to just one option like Skydrive.

Interoperability is nothing new or amazing. Welcome to 2010.

I haven't used itunes in years btw, and I'm using a iPhone 5.

Office mobile really sucks compared to Documents to Go or Pages.

Browser page syncing should've been there from day one.

Maybe I'll pull my Lumia out of the dresser when 8.1 is released, because something is always "coming" like a certain type of video, and to be honest I'm tired of hearing that.
    10-19-13 11:13 AM
    Like I said it's no different than what's already offered today on iOS and Android. Even better on Android because you're not limited to just one option like Skydrive.

Maybe I'll pull my Lumia out of the dresser when 8.1 is released, because something is always "coming" like a certain type of video, and to be honest I'm tired of hearing that.
    I disagree in Office Mobile. I prefer it over docs to go. Although docs to go is the best choice on iOS.
    10-19-13 12:05 PM
    I disagree in Office Mobile. I prefer it over docs to go. Although docs to go is the best choice on iOS.
    Pages wins hands down and sheer ease of use on iOS. Docs to Go pawns office mobile in every way on any mobile platform.

Just a opinion tho, not one to argue what one likes.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-19-13 01:40 PM
    That is nothing like Android. Google's Apps are deployed to Android via Apps. They are not integrated into the system like iCloud and SkyDrive are at the OS layer. This is why you need Google+ Profile + App to Auto-Sync Photos, while SkyDrive/iCloud can do this without an app via built-in functionality.

Apps on Windows 8 and Windows Phone can all save their settings to SkyDrive. When you go from one PC to another and log in with your Microsoft Account, it can pull down all your Apps and the associated data. Google only Syncs mostly just their own Google Apps' data to your account, not third party app data.

Browser Synching is limited to using Chrome on both the PC and the Phone. IE is obvious on Windows, but iCloud can pull IE bookmarks from Windows with their control panel.

There is just too much to go over. You need to use it to appreciate it, and you need to use Windows Phone + Windows 8.1 to truly appreciate it. The same way people discount iCloud until they use their iPhone with a Mac and then realize that its actually a lot better than they thought it was.

Interoperability has been there since before 2010, but it's always been dependent on components like Microsoft ActiveSync, BlackBerry Desktop Manager, iTunes, etc. Microsoft has implemented all of this on the back-end, to the point that you almost never have to plug your Phone/Tablet into the PC anymore.

If you want to Sync to Outlook and do not want to use iCloud, you are going to be using iTunes. Use cases can differ.

No one wants a full office suite on a mobile. You may think you do, but you don't use it that way. It doesn't need to be best in class. it only needs to be good enough. Additionally, Office Mobile on Windows Phone is better than on iOS and Android.

Fonts are a huge issue on 3rd party office suites.

You can Sync Read Status between Desktop Word and Mobile Word.

Documents to Go has nothing comparable to OneNote.

Graphical Assets and Excel Chats/Graphs are supported best in Microsoft's Office Suite. Styles are supported best in Microsoft's Office Suite.

All of my Documents render pixel perfect in Office Mobile. I cannot say the same for Documents to Go, QuickOffice, or OfficeSuite Pro. I just tried Pages (on iCloud) and it completely messed up the fonts and styling in the document. It wouldn't even look the same when printed.

Not there on BB10. Why? We both know why.

It actually works better than the Chrome Synching on Windows 8.1.

Then you should have ditched your blackberries years ago!!!
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 10-21-13 at 10:05 AM.
    10-21-13 09:53 AM
    I questioned him about BB, and he said that he thought it was going bust, that it was in the news. I told him that nobody's sure yet, though i think it won't
    I don't understand how some people can recommend BB10 in good faith knowing BBRY's condition. It's one thing if you recommend Blackberry when your friend never mentions the possibility of Blackberries disappearing; but, to spin Blackberries scenario when he does bring it up is unethical.

Sure you could say "nobody knows" what will happen to BBRY; but, most could say with confidence that Windows Phones (or Android or iOS) will be around in the foreseeable future. Relative to its competition, there is a lot less stability in BB10 than competing OSes and that is what your friend is pointing out.

Have you ever thought what would happen if your friend bought a BB10 device and BBRY did go bust? You would never hear the end of it (or he would rightfully resent you) because you actively steered him in the wrong direction. Again, it's one thing if he never mentions it at all and another if you spin/mislead him.
    10-21-13 10:08 AM
    Pages wins hands down and sheer ease of use on iOS. Docs to Go pawns office mobile in every way on any mobile platform.

Just a opinion tho, not one to argue what one likes.
    How is pages easier to use than Office Mobile? Lol.

If Documents to Go can't render Word Documents the way they appear on my PC screen in Word 2013, then it has failed.

And it has consistently failed for me.

Again, a lot more goes into how "good" an office document is than what you prefer or like. Switching fonts out in the background is a huge fail, as is removing styling assets from the document.

Both D2G and Pages do this. They're not usable. They force your document to look (and print) completely differently than in Word. Even the pagination in those suites are different than it is in word, because they don't support Word 2013 (stock) style types. Fonts are different. Font sizes are different. Line spacing is different. Pagination is different as a result. Etc.

It's a hot mess.

Word Mobile doesn't have these issues.

Personally, I think OfficeSuite Pro and Polaris Office are both better than Documents to Go, but you will say otherwise simply because RIM bought the assets from DataVis (unsurprisingly!) :-P
    10-21-13 10:10 AM
32 12