Microsoft Might Be Bringing Android Apps to Windows Phone [Gizmodo]
    Microsoft looking to bring Android apps to Windows Phone [CrackBerry]

The article mentions how BlackBerry 10 already has the ability to run android apps, but that WP devices have better hardware to operate them with. They think it won't happen until 2015.

Sounds like it'll be around the same time as Ontario and 10.3. In my opinion, BlackBerry should start advertising the ability to run android apps a little more in order to compete--if this does become a reality, that is. We don't want another "BlackBerry did it first but this phone is more popular so clearly they copied this popular phone!" Make it a reason to buy BlackBerry. Play it up. If people suddenly start going going crazy over android apps on Windows Phone.. ugh. At least one tech site finally said something about BB 10's android compatibility.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:57 PM
    Making running Android apps a reason to buy a BlackBerry phone is no reason at all. Sorry. If people really want Android apps, it far more reasonable to buy an Android phone!

iPhones could run Android apps should Apple ever want that to happen. The Dalvik VM is not exclusive to BlackBerry. From what I see, they will hit hard on the "we're secure"/"we're the best enterprise solution" key and that's better if you ask me. Android apps is just a perk - one that catters to nerd/hacking/tech savyy/geeky people like us, but has little impact on sales.

I agree they should make better use of that, but not on the reasoning.
    02-18-14 07:12 AM