Microsoft presented their newest Windows Phone 8.1 just recently and one of the key new features is the brand new keyboard.
    This is a �swype" type of keyboard, which means the words are compiled by swiping a finger over the individual letters and the phone dictionary recognizes what you intend to write. Microsoft also released a video in which they try to prove that Windows Phone 8.1 keyboard is the fastest in the world. A member of their staff managed to write the following 160-character message in 18.44 seconds:
    ,,The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."

We could not ignore this video, because the BlackBerry keyboard is one of the top features of BB10. So, we took a BlackBerry Z30, turned on the camera, prepared the stop watch and wanted to measure, how long it takes to write a 160-character message on BlackBerry 10.

How did it go? BlackBerry did not let us down, of course. The predictive input in BlackBerry 10 is so sophisticated that we even did not have to teach the phone words like Pygocentrus or phrases like ferocious freshwater fish. It only took the BlackBerry Z30 14.65 seconds, beating the alleged Windows Phone 8.1 world record by almost 4 seconds! Check out the video below and see for yourself.

by V. Dalekorej (BlackBerryCzech Community)

The question is: Why the hell there aren't any Blackberry commercials about their keyboard?!
    tfp, abramadhi, lynxs_claw and 5 others like this.
    04-11-14 10:23 AM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:33 AM
    Blackberry rocks

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 10:35 AM
    I think Microsoft went to Guinness to have it verified. Something BlackBerry probably won't get caught up in. Bottom line is BlackBerry doesn't appear to be interested in any of their phones prior to JC arriving. Hopefully that changes with the Z3 and Classic lines coming out and we see this new found fad called advertising. Smh.
    04-11-14 10:41 AM
    The person using his BB isn't starting the phone fresh. Meaning there are words store into the phone. While the WP8.1 is a FRESH phone.
    The people aren't stupid you know
    04-11-14 11:06 AM
    Have you actually tried typing the phrase in question? I just did and it happened almost exactly like it does in the video. I guarantee I have never typed "razor-toothed piranhas" "genera" "Serrasalmus" "Pygocentrus" "ferocious" or "The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human" as an entire phrase on my BlackBerry Z30 yet, it knew every word and popped it up almost instinctively.

*edit* also, a BlackBerry 10 phone out of the box knows a whole lot of words. Sorry, there is not such thing as a "fresh" device that does not have some sort of dictionary pre-installed.
    Uzi likes this.
    04-11-14 11:14 AM
    The person using his BB isn't starting the phone fresh. Meaning there are words store into the phone. While the WP8.1 is a FRESH phone.
    I beg to differ. People ARE stupid and accept far too much at face value. Did this super fast typist practice at all? Was it the first and only take this "record " was accomplished? So many other questions.......

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:16 AM
    I beg to differ. People ARE stupid and accept far too much at face value. Did this super fast typist practice at all? Was it the first and only take this "record " was accomplished? So many other questions.......

Posted via CB10
    Because I'm sure that the Windows demo happened in one take as well, correct?

Try it for yourself, I'm sure you won't be as fast as the video, but start typing the phrase into a BBM chat window and you will see that the words begin to appear on their own. All you need is a little practice to get the speed. I guarantee that the Windows demo was after a few practice runs.

*edit* its not that people are that stupid as you two allude to, its that some people *ahem* are too lazy to try it themselves to see what results can be expected.
    04-11-14 11:27 AM
    Would be a perfect opportunity to do a commercial with a side by side test or show difference like current tablet commercials.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 11:35 AM
    Would be a perfect opportunity to do a commercial with a side by side test or show difference like current tablet commercials.

Posted via CB10
    Suggesting BlackBerry marketing tactics is a waste of time. Unfortunately, BlackBerry never seizes opportunity to showcase aspects in which their hardware excels.

Posted via CB10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    04-11-14 12:00 PM
    Nor is the WP 8.1 user... Man in video above trained it 3 times. How many times had dudes in Microsoft propaganda video been training it? Until it has fit their commercial requirements.

To be honest, Blackberry has the most advanced keyboard that is even the fastest one. You can refuse that, you can complain, you can be even offensive but that is all you can do....
    04-11-14 01:24 PM
    I don't care. I do like the Windows Phones, but that doesn't mean they're better than BlackBerry at everything. BlackBerry can't dominate everything and it's just a fact of life we are going to have to accept.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 01:49 PM
    I was able to type (after practicing) this entire thing without swiping (with the exception of those two words) in under 18 seconds.
    04-11-14 03:50 PM
    My daughter types so fast on a keyboard it sounds like a machine gun. She would smoke that Windows record on my Z.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:04 PM
    04-11-14 05:06 PM