My Q10 doesn't work well with my Kinivo car bluetooth kit. Seen here for reference: Link

With my Iphone I can skip and pause/play songs using the buttons on the kit. This is a no go with the Q10, it just launches the music player when the pause/play button is pressed and completely ignores the skip buttons.

Will it work better with the Z30? Anyone have this kit that knows? I refuse to take my eyes off the road to unlock the phone and adjust player controls. I want to be exclusively Blackberry, but they make it hard when I can't drive safe while listening to music or taking calls.
    05-03-14 07:34 PM
    Not sure but it could be related to the os, go into settings on your Bluetooth and go into advanced and make sure the rSAP is turned on.
    05-03-14 09:01 PM
    Compared to my z10 it works much better. I work in a consumer electronics department with around 40 Bluetooth devices. I now always have clean audio flow no matter where I roam even at the maximum ranges. So as far as audio goes it works better for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 01:05 AM
    My Q10 doesn't work well with my Kinivo car bluetooth kit. Seen here for reference: Link

With my Iphone I can skip and pause/play songs using the buttons on the kit. This is a no go with the Q10, it just launches the music player when the pause/play button is pressed and completely ignores the skip buttons.

Will it work better with the Z30? Anyone have this kit that knows? I refuse to take my eyes off the road to unlock the phone and adjust player controls. I want to be exclusively Blackberry, but they make it hard when I can't drive safe while listening to music or taking calls.
    The BTC450 works perfectly fine with my z10 for skipping tracks, etc..

I made a quick demo video here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/accesso...s-free-900880/

Good luck
    05-28-14 11:47 PM
    Similar question, I use a BT headset when I'm working out our working around the yard. Currently, with my Z10 in my pocket, I constantly loose connection - left pocket is better than right. With my work iPhone, no problems. I'm guessing the BT antenna in the Z10 isn't that good, but really don't know. Would the Z30 do better? Might be a good reason for me to purchase a new Z30.
    12-26-14 06:11 PM
    Compared to my z10 it works much better. I work in a consumer electronics department with around 40 Bluetooth devices. I now always have clean audio flow no matter where I roam even at the maximum ranges. So as far as audio goes it works better for me.
    I have a Z10, and have never had a problem. It works with my car (Acura) and all of my home, and office devices.
    12-27-14 11:30 AM
    UPDATE- I want to clarify and share some info.

When I posted this I was referring to using Spotify with Bluetooth controls, not the native music app. They never worked until I installed a 10.3.1 leak. So that was the first thing. So if you are looking to use Bluetooth controls with Spotify, I suggest reading up on installing leaks or waiting for the official 10.3.1 release.

One thing I notice with my Q10 is that the sound gets choppy sometimes, even with everything in range of the Bluetooth receiver. So who knows, it could just be a small bug that is yet to be worked out in the official release.

I also just ordered a Z30 from Shopblackberry.com, $225 is a good price so if you are looking to upgrade now is a good time. I needed to replace a lagging IOS 8 bloated 4s.

Cheers
    12-27-14 05:13 PM
    MTBBGuy, downgrade your iPhone to 7...there is a way using iTunes...PM me if you want instructions...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10 on10.3.1.1154
    12-29-14 12:46 AM
    I think the Z10 in your pocket is the worst case. I have the occasional hiccup with my headset , maybe every other month.

With the phone on the desk, I can use BT about 40ft away, and that is probably an issue of going through two walls.

The Z30, being bigger, probably has a better antenna layout.

I have no idea on iphone BT. Without argument, iphone wifi is crap, and they probably share the same antenna.

Just trawl the apple forum to see the wifi complaints. But remember, Apple sells a lot of phones, so you are likely to see a lot of complaints simply because of the volume of users. That said, BT headsets is a business user thing, and the iphone is more of a gamer phone. You rarely see BT headset users with an iphone. Maybe if Apple has ATX in the BT stack now, that might change.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6558047

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 07:17 PM