09-18-16 05:25 AM
515 ... 18192021
tools
    To the op's question: yes it's still a BlackBerry Device...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:34 PM
    Things are not going well with bb10. So, it is wise to consider something outside the box.

Like it or not they need to make money.

Why wouldn't you support?
    Why can't you wait for next bb10 device.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:39 PM
    For sure I would not buy another bb10 phone. With android on bb, I may consider it.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:35 PM
    I am still on the fence because we don't yet know how they plan to implement the android in their phones. With it run on top of BlackBerry and will it have google services if so? I will reserve my opinion until we have hard facts to review and make a decision. Don't think it will do the battery any favors, that's for sure.
    Posted via CB10
    I sure hope the android thing doesnt mean BlackBerry is ONLY going to produce only androidized phones from now on. I somehow never assumed that. I figured this just a new option / experiment.
    08-24-15 12:13 AM
    I sure hope the android thing doesnt mean BlackBerry is ONLY going to produce only androidized phones from now on. I somehow never assumed that. I figured this just a new option / experiment.
    BlackBerry's hold on the claim that their enterprise solutions for networking and mobile are most secure when it's end to end BlackBerry, not one end Android or apple. This statement leads me to believe firmly that they will not give up on a still young BB10 and keep it up to date and supported. That would be just stupid to not continue especially with the momentum they should get from their first android phone release. That will generate a lot of talk and publicity for the company.
    I am staying and riding it out cause I think it's going to be a long fun wave to ride.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:30 AM
    I would definitely buy one as it would be nice to try.

But hope bb doesn't go towards android only as BB10 is awesome
    08-24-15 06:33 AM
    BlackBerry's hold on the claim that their enterprise solutions for networking and mobile are most secure when it's end to end BlackBerry, not one end Android or apple. This statement leads me to believe firmly that they will not give up on a still young BB10 and keep it up to date and supported. That would be just stupid to not continue especially with the momentum they should get from their first android phone release. That will generate a lot of talk and publicity for the company.
    I am staying and riding it out cause I think it's going to be a long fun wave to ride.

Posted via CB10
    I think if they don't do any major overhauls of their OS, maintaining BB10 should be relatively inexpensive and should present no real downside to BlackBerry users other than the lack of excitement and flash that a new release offers.

On the other hand I don't see them making consumer phones or marketing to consumers any longer if they can't have access to google services by end of 2016. It just makes no sense for the company to poor dollars down a sink-hole. They'd more likely just maintain BB10 for highly secure enterprise and govt needs .

Sounds like Chen is priming BlackBerry fans for the 11th hour decision that approaches. Either they strike a workable partnership with Google or they fold up shop on consumer devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:47 PM
    I am not a fan of android in any of its forms. If anything, since BlackBerry is focusing on businesses, one would think a partnership with Microsoft would be a smarter alliance.

An ability to run MS Office programs would make good sense.

The Passport is a good start, but needs a processor and perhaps a ram up grade. Perhaps even a slightly larger screen.

One other option would be to resurrect the PlayBook platform with all the bells and whistles of BlackBerry 10 with a strong processor and ram. The PlayBook and accessories is/was a great machine, add the ability to run MS Office I think would be winner.

The big thing is quality hardware, security and forward thinking. To duplicate Android or even IOS simply makes zero sense.

BlackBerry needs to be innovative and NOT a follower.

BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    09-01-15 04:46 PM
    I agree but you seem to understate the importance, nay, necessity of apps to the survival of the handset division. Either BlackBerry gets Android apps or the phone is done. Chen has implied as much this week.

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    09-01-15 08:16 PM
    Hmm if I want BlackBerry I will buy BlackBerry if I want Android I will buy Android gadgets.
    And if I want IOS I will buy Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:20 PM
    Lol. True but pretty soon it seems you'll only gave two of the three choices.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 08:50 PM
    I am a fan of the Blackberry keyboard. I am not a big fan of Android, because I really like the Blackberry Hub. Then again, its the apps that make you buy the phone in the end. Let's be honest here, Blackberry Market does not have a lot of good apps. I know i can use snap, but i prefer to use native applications.

I certainly would consider an Android Blackberry.
    09-03-15 07:20 AM
    I think I've said both yes and no more than once already to supporting an Android OS BlackBerry.

I'm back to yes again. Why? BB10 OS for a regular consumer like me is just taking too long to give me what I want. I'm frustrated.

Why am I still on a BB10 device? The BlackBerry HUB and keyboard on my Z30 gives me the best user experience I can find for dealing with my work emails and messaging.

What more do I want? Apps! Not stop gap will work apps, I want the apps that everyone else uses easily to get work done fast and without fuss.
    Easypants likes this.
    09-06-15 12:50 AM
    No

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    09-06-15 02:14 PM
    I think I've also moved from "no" to "yes", but with some requirements:
    - I need to have granular control over permissions
    - Obviously hub has to be there, and not as an app, but a full part of the UI
    - Google services have to be something I can enable for the apps that need it. I don't want to lose privacy by having all my data sent to them under the hood

Basically, if it provides the BlackBerry experience completely, then I'm not so worried about what's under the hood.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:53 AM
    I don't see why not. As long as it's got something that functions exactly like the hub, I'll be pretty satisfied. I am curious to see how BB would modify the framework or what type of overlay they'd use...

I'm getting that slider, just need them to hurry up and sell it.
    Sent from my 640 using Tapatalk Classic.
    09-07-15 10:58 AM
    I wish they came out with the Venice two years or so ago. Combines the best of both worlds IMO. I bet they sell more of this than any of their pure BB10 models.
    09-07-15 11:08 AM
    I would rather greater alignment with microsoft programs than Android. Certainly the Passport would Has the capability to MS Office programs.

BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    09-07-15 04:35 PM
    The topic says would you support Android BlackBerry...it doesn't ask what phone one has and why...

I say yes I will buy a Android BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    I and this...Priv...

Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:36 PM
    A blackberry running Android... this will be the end and I will go for an iphone!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 01:36 PM
    No never

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-15 08:09 PM
    A blackberry running Android... this will be the end and I will go for an iphone!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I still would never waste money on apple products

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 04:07 PM
    I still would never waste money on apple products

Posted via CB10
    I hate to see BB10 die. Two choices is not enough.
    Having owned all the various platforms, I find iPhone less painful than Android, though rather boring. It certainly is frustrating when it comes to transferring photos, music, and videos though.
    09-26-15 04:37 PM
    I hate to see BB10 die. Two choices is not enough.
    Having owned all the various platforms, I find iPhone less painful than Android, though rather boring. It certainly is frustrating when it comes to transferring photos, music, and videos though.
    Apple is very limited and choices are Made for you with apple. Apple can do it all but you need everything apple and a heavy bank account

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:25 AM
    Can I join plz 58F11664

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-15 04:08 AM
515 ... 18192021