09-18-16 06:25 AM
515 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    While I do think that an Android based BlackBerry would do very well (especially paired with the qwerty keyboard) and be an interesting mix, I don't believe I would get one. At least simply for the fact that I've already invested $500 in my Passport :P

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    06-14-15 06:57 AM
    You obviously didn't click on the link
    No I didn't... I thought you were serious... But seen the video.... lol...

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-14-15 07:28 AM
    Support an Andriod BB?, of course not. There are a few brands around that will easily beat the Blackberry variant hands down, in terms of performance and pricing.
    oystersourced likes this.
    06-14-15 07:31 AM
    Well...I don't want to go with Android but BlackBerry it self is making me use Android already...they aren't able to garner support from industry for native applications...and that's that...We being emotional about BlackBerry isn't going to change that...

I am using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 a virtual Android device...

Posted via CB10
    Imo.... when you choose to use BlackBerry... you know from the start that there is a lack of apps..so why complain? The same when you buy a VW bug and then complaining you have no luggage space and horsepower... so why did you bought a VW Bug?

So buy an Android or work around it.

06-14-15 07:36 AM
    I think I will prefer an iphone/Sony/samsung/LG loaded with BBOS 10 than a BlackBerry loaded with Android OS... lol

Posted via CB10
    That makes it 2 of us.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:44 AM
    My Q10 has been going strong for 2 years and guess I've been the lottery winner in the sense that I haven't experienced double typing or crazy battery even though I swap them regularly. I've seen so many ppl have these issues and they have been well documented in the forums. Maybe it's because I have a white model lol.

The hardware and software combination is what keeps me with BlackBerry. BB10 is great for me. Have used iOS and Android on tablets over the years, and no desire to go in that direction on a phone.

If BlackBerry went all Android, I'd definitely go try out Windows phone and check it out.
    I'm one of those "weirdos" that has never owned an all touch device and have no intention of getting one in any decade soon unless BlackBerry forces my hand lol.

It would be a bit weird to own a phone that isn't a BlackBerry for the first time since my old Nokia days with a black and white/dirty brown screen with awesome green back-light lol

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    06-14-15 11:06 AM
    ...For me that means full control of app permissions. Data should be spoofed if I don't allow a permission so that the apps don't crash.

While installed by default, all google apps and services should be able to be deleted. Blackberry could also release a second android version that doesn't have any google services installed.

Posted via CB10
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this involve a potential rewrite of the android O/S? Even forked versions of android don't change the underlying core of the O/S. What you're suggesting requires changing the O/S itself.

Google services? They are baked into the O/S. I guess you could rewrite everything, but tell me, how is it working out for BlackPhone? Do people not find them boring and pointless compared to regular android? I don't think this strategy is going to work out for BlackBerry. You can't have a security-focused company running a completely unsecured and data-breaching O/S and expect it to catch on...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 11:46 AM
    I think I will prefer an iphone/Sony/samsung/LG loaded with BBOS 10 than a BlackBerry loaded with Android OS... lol

Posted via CB10
    Agree.
    The system is incredible, but hardware could be better.

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-14-15 12:39 PM
    To bad you think that way... it's off course your opinion... and if you want to go Android... then do so..
    The most of us don't want it... we are happy with our OS10.... that why we bought it...

Correction, many users only stick with Blackberry for BIS or the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 02:02 PM
    Imo.... when you choose to use BlackBerry... you know from the start that there is a lack of apps..so why complain? The same when you buy a VW bug and then complaining you have no luggage space and horsepower... so why did you bought a VW Bug?

So buy an Android or work around it.

The topic says would you support Android BlackBerry...it doesn't ask what phone one has and why...

I say yes I will buy a Android BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:11 PM
    The topic says would you support Android BlackBerry...it doesn't ask what phone one has and why...

I say yes I will buy a Android BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what is said and meant.... WOULD YOU SUPPORT A ANDROID BLACKBERRY... so... it looks like the Op wants a Android BlackBerry... in other words... he has a BlackBerry... But actually he wants a Android.. He wants a VW Bug with a lot of horsepower and luggage.. ( there are a lot of other examples )

06-14-15 03:57 PM
    I have BlackBerry to Not use Android or iOS so I would never buy an Adroid BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 04:07 PM
    NO,No,NO,!!! Clear?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 04:48 PM
    No! I would not!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 05:07 PM
    The choice should between an Android PKB BlackBerry and a BB10 device without runtime. If they comply with OHA no runtime. The solution being for two versions of the Slider using basically the same hardware. One by Samsung and one by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:11 PM
    You obviously didn't click on the link
    I thought it was hilarious! "Google Island". In my hometown I used to get the onion paper....always good for a laugh. TheScionicMan....thank you for posting!

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    06-14-15 06:41 PM
    Yes absolutely!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:58 PM
    I did like BlackBerry as a closed ecosystem, with hw and sw integrated such as Apple.
    If the next BlackBerry need to be a modified Android, I will choose something else, evaluating Jolla first.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:41 PM
    Correction, many users only stick with Blackberry for BIS or the PKB.

Posted via CB10
    That's only because BlackBerry chose not to have a suitable upgrade for the largest share of BlackBerry 10 users.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:23 PM
    No! I would not!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:46 PM
    That's exactly what is said and meant.... WOULD YOU SUPPORT A ANDROID BLACKBERRY... so... it looks like the Op wants a Android BlackBerry... in other words... he has a BlackBerry... But actually he wants a Android.. He wants a VW Bug with a lot of horsepower and luggage.. ( there are a lot of other examples )

Nop..no one WANTS a Android BlackBerry but what if such a thing comes by...and if it is as secure as BlackBerry OS 10, Has BlackBerry hardware - would I buy it...yes I would.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:27 PM
    Absolutely not.
    06-14-15 11:26 PM
    These rumors of BlackBerry adopting Android will be the final death blow of BlackBerry as we know it. A large portion of those 7K employees could now be unemployed.

Listen, Chen said hardware needs to be profitable, then they released the Leap! Death sentence right there. There lies the perfect excuse to shut **** down.

If BlackBerry adopts Android what is the point of choosing BlackBerry devices? Up until last week, Novell was still in business offerings software solutions. The shutdown their Netware OS and adapted a version of similar tools on Linux with the look and feel of Netware.

How much does Chen get if he walks away today? Might not help his reputation but he'll walk away with more $$ than he came in a little over 1 year ago.

Did you notice there has been no BlackBerry Fact Check lately. Clewely has not posted in ages.

It was a good fight.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 12:06 AM
    yes,why not, if i get great specs like competitor , and i am already using android runtime on bb10 why not fully functioning android from BB
    cfoxx and Suraj Jadhav like this.
    06-15-15 12:16 AM
    No. If I wanted android, I would get an LG or HTC. They have better screens than BlackBerry does.

Posted via CB10
    Well considering the screen on the slider will likely be the QHD curved edge unit sourced from Samsung, pretty moot point.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:04 AM
515 ... 910111213 ...