Nope, not at all. I would look at a WP or better yet, go back to one of my older model BB.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-13-15 11:36 AM
    Questions for those who wouldn't support it..

1. Why do you hate google play services?
    2. A BBz30 for example, has the hub, a good keyboard and screens of apps, if an android had the hub, a BB keyboard and screens of apps, whats the difference?
    Why?

We don't liked to be spied... when we have Android... we MUST install: Google Playservice, Google maps, Google Hangouts, Google Playstore, Gmail, Google Chrome, Google search, Google now, Google translate, Streetview, Google playbook, Google + ... you are obligated to have a Google account... otherwise you have a useless phone.

On other words...spyware... you don't own your phone..( you think you do) Google does... they decide how you use your phone... not you. En the majority doesn't even know.

How do I know that? My previous phones where Android phones... I even had rooted my last one.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Reed Richards likes this.
    06-13-15 12:47 PM
    Why?

We don't liked to be spied... when we have Android... we MUST install: Google Playservice, Google maps, Google Hangouts, Google Playstore, Gmail, Google Chrome, Google search, Google now, Google translate, Streetview, Google playbook, Google + ... you are obligated to have a Google account... otherwise you have a useless phone.

On other words...spyware... you don't own your phone..( you think you do) Google does... they decide how you use your phone... not you. En the majority doesn't even know.

How do I know that? My previous phones where Android phones... I even had rooted my last one.

Google gives you the option to opt out...

http://www.onionstudios.com/videos/g...e-village-1300
    06-13-15 12:58 PM
    And how long does ICRAP release new hardware/devices?? Until recently, how long for a different IOS. I did a flagship to Flagship comparison which is only fair. My capacitive keyboard on the Passport works perfectly, I can scroll without pressing anything...the whole keyboard is capacitive!! I was camparing a flagship to a flagship...go back to school if you can not grasp fair comparisons.

ρō�┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů�� ρÚ�ρōЯ┬.
    It seems like you need to take reading 101. Last time I checked, no iPhones run Android, and we for sure are not talking about supporting BlackBerry if they adopt iOS.

Someone else already told you - Passport was released with the previous generation hardware comparing to Android flagships at that time and that was MY point. All other phones - 2-3 generations behind. I also like my BlackBerry for what it is but I am not like you, being blind and worshiping everything that is mine.
    I truly hope your keyboard never never develops double typing.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 01:23 PM
    personally i would not buy a Blackberry phone running Android OS, I am happy with BBOS 7 on my 9900 and BB10 on a Z30, if they do go over to Android then will try a windows phone to replace Z30, as for 9900 nothing yet to replace it.
    06-13-15 02:21 PM
    Never, I chucked my android and iphone......just can not be compared to BlackBerry 10 OS, a lot of people always mentions the shortage of the app thing......I have all I need on my BlackBerry, no need for the gizilion apps out there, most of those apps are downloaded then never used and then later deleted.

BlackBerry Z30 / BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.2204
    06-13-15 02:39 PM
    Questions for those who wouldn't support it..

1. Why do you hate google play services?
    2. A BBz30 for example, has the hub, a good keyboard and screens of apps, if an android had the hub, a BB keyboard and screens of apps, whats the difference?
    Google Play Services is all about data mining. Each time an application uses it Google gets a wealth of data about the user of the phone. It is an invasion of my privacy that I don't want.

The difference, other than Google Play Services, is that eventually every version of Android gets rooted. Quite often there are applications one can install that will root your phone for you. What many people ignore is that in those cases the rooting code could be included in any application. This means that installing the wrong application could result in malware on the phone. Not to mention the potential for remote malware installation. It took Microsoft the better part of a decade to realize why Windows was such an easy target. They may have finally gotten Windows 10 to the point where I would trust it in a mobile environment. iOS is getting close, BB10 was there from launch, Android just isn't even close.

Those people who value applications and convenience over security can have any number of Android devices. There is only one BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    fishlove73 likes this.
    06-13-15 02:52 PM
    It seems like you need to take reading 101. Last time I checked, no iPhones run Android, and we for sure are not talking about supporting BlackBerry if they adopt iOS.

Someone else already told you - Passport was released with the previous generation hardware comparing to Android flagships at that time and that was MY point. All other phones - 2-3 generations behind. I also like my BlackBerry for what it is but I am not like you, being blind and worshiping everything that is mine.
    I truly hope your keyboard never never develops double typing.

Posted via CB10
    I have no clue what double typing even is. I never experienced it on my Z10 and I don't experience it on my Passport.

06-13-15 03:35 PM
    I have no clue what double typing even is. I never experienced it on my Z10

Would you support an Android BB?-cookie.jpg

BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-13-15 03:45 PM
    Google gives you the option to opt out...

[video]http://www.onionstudios.com/videos/google-opt-out-feature-lets-users-protect-privacy-by-moving-to-remote-village-1300[/url]
    Yeah... and you really believe that?

Attached Thumbnails Would you support an Android BB?-you-serious.jpg  
    06-13-15 03:47 PM
    We ( I am for sure) are anyway using BlackBerry for Android ported applications... I hardly use native email as most of my utilisation is for office communication which takes place on Good For Enterprise...which is Android application.

So having native Android as OS would be a better choice. I have been thinking of getting Android since last debacle of BlackBerry called Cisco Jabber not being a native option and Android version doesn't work...

To be really honest...BlackBerry as original concept seems doomed...it is either convert to Android or perish is what is left for BlackBerry...

And I feel super sad whenever I think of this...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 04:03 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 04:31 PM
    We ( I am for sure) are anyway using BlackBerry for Android ported applications... I hardly use native email as most of my utilisation is for office communication which takes place on Good For Enterprise...which is Android application.

So having native Android as OS would be a better choice. I have been thinking of getting Android since last debacle of BlackBerry called Cisco Jabber not being a native option and Android version doesn't work...

To be really honest...BlackBerry as original concept seems doomed...it is either convert to Android or perish is what is left for BlackBerry...

And I feel super sad whenever I think of this...

Posted via CB10
    To bad you think that way... it's off course your opinion... and if you want to go Android... then do so..
    The most of us don't want it... we are happy with our OS10.... that why we bought it...

06-13-15 04:37 PM
    Yeah I'd give it a shot.

I bet the fanboys are now praying hard to their BB10 gods and hoping this remains a rumor.

Posted from an ME173X
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-13-15 04:49 PM
    Google Play Services is all about data mining. Each time an application uses it Google gets a wealth of data about the user of the phone. It is an invasion of my privacy that I don't want.

The difference, other than Google Play Services, is that eventually every version of Android gets rooted. Quite often there are applications one can install that will root your phone for you. What many people ignore is that in those cases the rooting code could be included in any application. This means that installing the wrong application could result in malware on the phone. Not to mention the potential for remote malware installation. It took Microsoft the better part of a decade to realize why Windows was such an easy target. They may have finally gotten Windows 10 to the point where I would trust it in a mobile environment. iOS is getting close, BB10 was there from launch, Android just isn't even close.

Those people who value applications and convenience over security can have any number of Android devices. There is only one BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    That's actually an amazingly interesting observation. I hadn't thought about how simple Android would be to hack, only that I'd want to root whatever Android phone I might ever consider in the future. Because I don't like Google. Hmm,never wanted an Android phone, and I certainly don't want one now.

BB10, maybe Win10 if BlackBerry switches to Android.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:09 PM
    I miss BB's OS a lot being on iOS currently.
    I would like some of their apps though as this "side loading" thing doesn't sound so great.
    Can I have my cake and eat it to?

I would support it if BB still offers some phones on their Bb10 OS and continues to support it.
    06-13-15 05:34 PM
    Yeah... and you really believe that?

You obviously didn't click on the link
    06-13-15 06:51 PM
    No. If I wanted android, I would get an LG or HTC. They have better screens than BlackBerry does.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:36 PM
    And how long does ICRAP release new hardware/devices?? Until recently, how long for a different IOS. I did a flagship to Flagship comparison which is only fair. My capacitive keyboard on the Passport works perfectly, I can scroll without pressing anything...the whole keyboard is capacitive!! I was camparing a flagship to a flagship...go back to school if you can not grasp fair comparisons.

Apple releases new iPhone models once a years. Late summer, early fall.
    Apple releases a new iOS version once a year. Mid to late summer.

A fair flagship to flagship comparison is fine. But if you're trying to prove the Passport isn't outdated by comparing to another flagship, maybe choose one that isn't using a way more advanced processor. The Apple A8 is a 64-bit chip using a more advanced architecture and instruction set. There is more to comparing modern processors than clock speed and number of cores.

It's a bit like comparing automotive engines simply by number of cylinders and displacement. There's more to it than that, and bigger doesn't mean better in all cases.
    06-13-15 07:46 PM
    To bad you think that way... it's off course your opinion... and if you want to go Android... then do so..
    The most of us don't want it... we are happy with our OS10.... that why we bought it...

Well...I don't want to go with Android but BlackBerry it self is making me use Android already...they aren't able to garner support from industry for native applications...and that's that...We being emotional about BlackBerry isn't going to change that...

I am using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 a virtual Android device...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:42 PM
    The whole point of android isn't for us, were already entrenched if we're posting here. So useless thread. It's for people whole left and at that, only people who want a pkb blackberry android.. As bb won't come close to keeping with Samsung or Sony all touch... I don't see why they would try too.. So pkb and slider only reason for them to ventured into android. Problem none of the android give a hoot anymore about pkb so kind of a dead end strategy.. Probably sell even less then they are right now..

Shows major desperation from bb if they ever do it. Not the spoof sign if they do,,,
    Allanon89 likes this.
    06-13-15 10:22 PM
    Well...I don't want to go with Android but BlackBerry it self is making me use Android already...they aren't able to garner support from industry for native applications...and that's that...We being emotional about BlackBerry isn't going to change that...

I am using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 a virtual Android device...

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 is far from a virtual Android device, BlackBerry 10 will be supported for some time because BlackBerry 10 devices are being released. I personally will be surprised to see the Slider without BlackBerry 10 because it is the companies flagship device for 2015.

In the grand scheme of things am I bothered? Not really, I'll probably just save a lot of money by not buying the Slider or the next high end all touch. I'm happy with my Z10 device and now might be more inclined to replace it with a refurbished unit if it broke.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:24 PM
    Not likely

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    06-13-15 10:26 PM
    I would support any blackberry just out of curiosity. Still waiting for a great blackberry comeback.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:29 PM
    I think I will prefer an iphone/Sony/samsung/LG loaded with BBOS 10 than a BlackBerry loaded with Android OS... lol

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 05:24 AM
515 ... 89101112 ...