Only if the Android BlackBerry retains the BB10 layout/design/gestures/HUB. Basically, keep everything BlackBerry besides the underlying OS

Posted via CB10
    cfoxx likes this.
    06-18-15 12:17 PM
    The reason I would support BlackBerry Android is because I think a lot of Android users would love a PKB. And BlackBerry has a good reputation for build quality and keyboard quality (even if it's been marred in recent years by poor QC and double-typing).

It's the lack of apps that bothers users. And if there is the promise of better security on an Android handset, well I can see people getting excited. There's still nostalgia for the brand, or at least the keyboards. Tech blogs and users will feel as though they've won against BlackBerry, and will laud the company for the move. Just watch. They'll be thinking "I told you so" and then buy the phone.

It's a really great move for stockholders, imo. I'm a stockholder, and I'm a BlackBerry user who wants to see the company healthy again.

Though as a user, I'll be only carrying a BB10 phone or a Windows Phone/Jolla Phone if it comes to that.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 12:30 PM
    I would'nt but its a good move since we can see how the sales will go with it.. A ragne in BB products it is always welcome, as well new devices like full touch screen devices and maybe a 2 sim BB device , edge devices also , and some of the also with PKB ...
    06-18-15 12:33 PM
     OS 10 all the way! Fed up of android. For me, ios and android arent a phone. It is a toy and fashion. Just like wearing a luxury watch that isnt working but because of its brand and style, you will still wear it. Os 10 is a solid os! Thats just it!

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    06-18-15 01:47 PM
    Only if the Android BlackBerry retains the BB10 layout/design/gestures/HUB. Basically, keep everything BlackBerry besides the underlying OS

Posted via CB10
    So exactly what no one is currently buying.. What a wise move bb for you then to save the company...

Crappy handset. Crappy user interface. According to sales. Not by cb members.

Yup, that will be a wise move if they did that, if anything bb19 backend is superior to android, it's the ui that's the issue.
    06-18-15 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    So exactly what no one is currently buying.. What a wise move bb for you then to save the company...

Yup, that will be a wise move if they did that, if anything bb19 backend is superior to android, it's the ui that's the issue.
    The hub experience and the whole BlackBerry suite is what keeps me on BlackBerry. I also have a Razr Maxx on Android of course, which is simply horrible. If we didn't have a choice (i.e., BlackBerry goes down on Android path) then I'd agree with FraqMonkey. This hub, gesture, layout, etc would be very tough to give up, and remain as productive as I am today on BlackBerry.
    06-18-15 02:17 PM

BlackBerry's are too expensive with too few headlines.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 05:09 PM
    No. If I ever wanted an Android phone I'd have bought one a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 06:31 PM
    If samsung selling the edge with BB10 my wife will buy it she said

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 06:33 PM

Last quarter I checked devices were selling and the company is doing better. How long are you going to ignore facts and just regurgitate the same rhetoric? BB's are not as popular because teenagers like Apps and have little regards for privacy. If I were Chen I would give free passports out to celebs that had their nude photos posted. So then anytime they are on TV they are sporting a passport.

℘ℴƽ�ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř�
    06-18-15 07:25 PM
    Last quarter I checked devices were selling and the company is doing better. How long are you going to ignore facts and just regurgitate the same rhetoric? BB's are not as popular because teenagers like Apps and have little regards for privacy. If I were Chen I would give free passports out to celebs that had their nude photos posted. So then anytime they are on TV they are sporting a passport.

℘ℴƽ†ℯđ √�� �ƽ� ℘�ƽƽ℘ℴř†
    Better is relative. Stopping the bleeding and not loosing as much isn't exactly prosperous. They've been on the course for a long time... Even turning a profit cause of reducing costs by firing employees and not investing in r&d isn't a bright future. All I see is every quarter or year, they have a smaller and smaller market share which means fewer and fewer users to boot.

I want to see. Bb grow.. Not shrink faster and faster quarter after quarter. It's easy to minimize losses by reducing everything to near zero. Can't lose money, if your not spending it, very different then increasing revenues, increasing sales. They should be able to triple sales and not even make a dent from iOS or android, and yet, there not.

Why? Simply the os look and lack of killer full touch, the pkb are beyond good enough now with the classic and passport, Even crackberry shows bb users care very little about android.. So.. I'm not just reporting th same thing and no bb is by any measure in good shape or improve shape, all Chen has done is not spend money,,

As for nude celeb hack.. Of course bb couldn't have that happen, since they don't even provide cloud storage!, hard to hack bb cloud when we don't have it as an option. Bb depends on third party vendors to do that for them... They can't even keep my old blackberry email!!!! End of life's after 7 years of using it,

So no hosted email, no host cloud, minuscule sales.. Lucky for them i can't yet give up pkb as many of the ios7 people I know don't want to yet..I know of no one on bb10 now.
    06-18-15 07:41 PM
    NO Freaking Way.

You would have to pay me to use it.
    Great idea. Me too.

Posted via CB, using a Q5
    06-18-15 09:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    And call that OS BBOS

06-18-15 09:36 PM
    [PLEASE READ THIS BlackBerry PEOPLE]: You're gonna kill your own brand by accepting some other OS. Trust me people still think that someone using a BlackBerry device is cool. So just focus on getting more and more people to use BlackBerry and that can be done by advertising your devices. Running Android won't help as people actually buy a device on the basis of price/looks/size Very less care about the OS. And those who really care will obviously choose it on the basis of OS. So again, start advertising BlackBerry.

06-18-15 09:40 PM
    Yes, definitely, I'd totally come back to Blackberry, I need a good ecosystem and I rely on Google Apps to work properly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    cfoxx likes this.
    06-18-15 10:03 PM
    Yes, definitely, I'd totally come back to Blackberry, I need a good ecosystem and I rely on Google Apps to work properly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So you're saying that you're not happy with current Android ecosystem? Why not ask for BBOS for other devices? I'm sure BlackBerry will be happy to sell it's OS.

06-18-15 11:18 PM
    If samsung selling the edge with BB10 my wife will buy it she said
    Posted via CB10
    not just your wife believe me if BB would selling the new Venice EDGE without PKB I would buy it and my wife also! . the venice is such a good phone from what it turns out but it have the PKB i dont want a slider i want the same as venice (slider) but with no Slider think just touch screen full touch
    06-19-15 02:48 AM
    someone using a BlackBerry device is cool.
    exactly so do I and some of my friends
    06-19-15 02:51 AM
    With a BB10 skin on it without losing out on the native feel of android environment I would definitely support it. At least the biggest and the only issue of the App Gap and the tie in with Google ecosystem would be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    cfoxx likes this.
    06-19-15 04:34 AM
    Now stop this.. yaar..

 Z3 STJ100-1 ~10.3.1.2576 ~
    06-19-15 04:38 AM
    [PLEASE READ THIS BlackBerry PEOPLE]: You're gonna kill your own brand by accepting some other OS. Trust me people still think that someone using a BlackBerry device is cool. So just focus on getting more and more people to use BlackBerry and that can be done by advertising your devices. Running Android won't help as people actually buy a device on the basis of price/looks/size Very less care about the OS. And those who really care will obviously choose it on the basis of OS. So again, start advertising BlackBerry.

There aren't enough BlackBerry fans to sustain the handset division anymore.

You forget that most people who are buying smartphones NEED Snapchat, Instagram, specific Games, etc, because they are deluded into thinking that they are important in the world due to this social persona they've created, and that these apps are their means to remain relevant.

Basically, most people are pretty lame. And they need apps! Hundreds of them. It's their secret sauce to maintaining their amazingly boring lives.
    06-19-15 06:51 AM
    I'm really disappointed by the suggestion that the first BlackBerry running Android is going to be a generic all-touch device. Why on Earth would anybody buy that over one of the dozens of identical handsets out there? At least a QWERTY running Android would have a point of difference for the consumer.
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    06-19-15 09:31 AM
    I'd do it for the apps, I'm tired of sideloading and some apps not working. Other than that, I love BB10, the hub <3 it's my fave.
    cfoxx likes this.
    06-19-15 10:22 AM
    I'm really disappointed by the suggestion that the first BlackBerry running Android is going to be a generic all-touch device. Why on Earth would anybody buy that over one of the dozens of identical handsets out there? At least a QWERTY running Android would have a point of difference for the consumer.
    Only because in Nigeria and South Africa and perhaps India the BlackBerry brand is accepted.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:51 AM
    It's speculated to be a low end device which would be built by Foxconn, we could further speculate it would be aimed at emerging markets however I imagine a sub �100 device with a BlackBerry logo on would generate interest in the UK, a once favourable market.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 12:57 PM
515 ... 1112131415 ...