I don't like Android, or to be more exact I hate Android (especially the UI)

If BlackBerry can pull their customized version of Android to make it look BlackBerry 10-inspired... then I'm all for it!!
    06-12-15 06:33 AM
    No.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    06-12-15 07:27 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry open up BlackBerry World to Android apps? It could be a curated experience, so only the best apps would be available. Wouldn't that solve the app gap, permanently?
    Couple that with a real partnership with proven marketing powerhouses like Amazon and Samsung, and you have the ingredients for a 3rd ecosystem that could successfully challenge Iphone and Android.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 07:32 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry open up BlackBerry World to Android apps? It could be a curated experience, so only the best apps would be available. Wouldn't that solve the app gap, permanently?
    Couple that with a real partnership with proven marketing powerhouses like Amazon and Samsung, and you have the ingredients for a 3rd ecosystem that could successfully challenge Iphone and Android.

Posted via CB10
    They already do, lol. But devs still refuse to support us

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-12-15 07:39 AM

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    Too much work to get it correctly.

BlackBerry was correct in implementing Android Runtime, the problem is that the performance is just isn't up to par and there's only so much a developer can do before they have to admit Android Runtime is just not good enough. You can't optimize 3DS Max to run on Intel Pentium 300MHz, some things simply require higher performing hardware/software stack.

By the time they fixed the performance in 10.2, it was too late, developers were leaving the platform.

BlackBerry 10 didn't have all social media apps when it launched, it was a real issue.

Way back in 2000, Joel Spolsky wrote this article:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articl...000000054.html

In that article, he asserted that DOS 1.0 got off the ground because it was backwards compatible with CP/M, the leading OS at the time. Porting software was so easy, WordPerfect was ported to DOS 1.0 only by changing a single byte. A single character in the source code.

The issue with BlackBerry 10 was, Android Runtime was at Gingerbread, the performance wasn't up to par, and it wasn't compatible with Google Services, it didn't have access to the most popular Android storefront. In short, it was compatible with basically nothing.

It wasn't even compatible with BlackBerry OS apps, and it didn't have everything that made BlackBerry OS great: custom profiles, speed dials, auto turn on/off, lots of stuff.

And THAT, locked its fate. It's easy to see now that we have hindsight, but back then BlackBerry probably thought that they could get away with the lowest common denomination of Android version, they could sway developers, they could maintain userbase, they could maintain sales, but it didn't happen. They didn't solve the egg, so no chickens came out.

I personally hope that BlackBerry 10 trudges along until BlackBerry can perfect whatever platform they have, to which I might jump to. I sincerely love BlackBerry 10, I just can't go back to any other OS at this point

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-12-15 08:23 AM
    They made the right choice, just the wrong way. But they do wrong with releasing BlackBerry 10 before it was matured which gives it bad reputation. BlackBerry should invest money on big developers and told them to make apps for us. They can't survive without a good apps ecosystem

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-12-15 08:30 AM
    No I would miss too much on bb10, if i wanted an android device I'd buy one.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 09:00 AM
    They made the right choice, just the wrong way. But they do wrong with releasing BlackBerry 10 before it was matured which gives it bad reputation. BlackBerry should invest money on big developers and told them to make apps for us. They can't survive without a good apps ecosystem

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    They made the right choice.... too late, should have been started the day the iPhone was released.

But that ship sailed, and no amount of money is going to bring the big developers or companies to BB10 - look at where Microsoft is and they DID spend big money.

So sadly BlackBerry has to move to an existing ecosystem - and Android is really the only option.

I'm hoping that Windows 10 is a game changer for MS... as I like the Windows 10 UI, I like the features of a full PC, and I like full Office.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-12-15 09:05 AM
    I wouldn't. After having BlackBerry 10 for over a year, BlackBerry 10 is significantly superior than Android.

Posted via CB10
    *In your opinion*

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-15 09:19 AM
    I would love to but I think it would be very nice if they could have android os with BlackBerry 10 interface over it,so we would not miss bb os. Imo.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 10:59 AM
    I doubt I would use a full Android BlackBerry. I love my Z30 and BlackBerry 10 software for business.

Posted via my Z30 Droidberry.
    06-12-15 11:00 AM
    No, I don't want Google in my life. I would only buy the hybrid if it was the only remaining keyboard phone on the market.
    06-12-15 11:18 AM
    Well I guess the cats out of the box, Crackberry already posted that inside rumours by people who don't want to be named are already citing an upcoming Android based BlackBerry. If it comes to that I will jump ship. BlackBerry really needs to work on new devices, they are taking too long to cater to its consumers, either it's high end phones only or now mid ranged phones only and the next high end touch is nowhere to be seen. John Chen is doing a great job and not for me to judge on what they need to do or how they need to do, but they have to catch up. A few percent of the market share will already be a good place to be for a start and BB10 has what it needs to be. It is the most polished and organized OS of all the platforms. So going android will be like throwing another stone in the sea without even creating a ripple. So better be a pond with exotic fish than be a part of a sea where you are just non existent.

But until that actually happens I am BlackBerry all the way.

Posted via CB10 on the  Q10 with OS 10.3.2.304
    06-12-15 11:37 AM
    I hope that the BlackBerry Experience Suite will be a once off purchase on an iPhone and that the hub usability is as good as it has been on my Z10 and Z30. If the BlackBerry Experience Suite is a monthly subscription then my current Z30 will be my last BlackBerry purchase.

I have zero interest in an Android OS BlackBerry device.
    06-12-15 12:50 PM
    I hope that the BlackBerry Experience Suite will be a once off purchase on an iPhone and that the hub usability is as good as it has been on my Z10 and Z30. If the BlackBerry Experience Suite is a monthly subscription then my current Z30 will be my last BlackBerry purchase.

I have zero interest in an Android OS BlackBerry device.
    The hub in IOS will be severely gimped. Essentially it will be email only. No way notifications or other 3rd party apps will work that way as apps aren't allowed that capability in the IOS ecosystem. If you are in the walled garden then you have to obey the gardener's rules.
    06-12-15 01:15 PM
    I have a post up this similar alley, although I messed up and didn't give it a descriptive title. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ddict-1023503/ I write about thoughts on Blackberry on Android, and Blackberry on Windows 10 vs status quo.
    06-12-15 01:32 PM
    Questions for those who wouldn't support it..

1. Why do you hate google play services?
    2. A BBz30 for example, has the hub, a good keyboard and screens of apps, if an android had the hub, a BB keyboard and screens of apps, whats the difference?
    06-12-15 01:43 PM
    Depending on how well it does on WIFI and camera. BB10's WIFI functionality (Z10 and Z30. Don't know about the passport.) is worse than entry level android phones. 10.3.2 has some nice improvement in camera but that is still not comparable with entry level android phones.
    06-12-15 01:59 PM

2. A BBz30 for example, has the hub, a good keyboard and screens of apps, if an android had the hub, a BB keyboard and screens of apps, whats the difference?
    1. I don't like to be tracked.
    2. I don't like to be tracked. Android cannot be secure unless it is rewritten from the ground up. Can you root an Android phone? Yes. Can you root a BlackBerry phone? No.
    akavbb likes this.
    06-12-15 02:20 PM
    Depending on how well it does on WIFI and camera. BB10's WIFI functionality (Z10 and Z30. Don't know about the passport.) is worse than entry level android phones. 10.3.2 has some nice improvement in camera but that is still not comparable with entry level android phones.
    I have had zero WiFi problems with Bb10 devices. BS.
    ryanza likes this.
    06-12-15 02:21 PM
    I have had zero WiFi problems with Bb10 devices. BS.
    Yup, I have had zero problems with wifi on my Z10 or Z30.

Why do I prefer BlackBerry 10 OS to Android? I find the Android OS to be a fussy and cluttered mess with little consistency in its layout. I like BlackBerry 10's ability to quickly zip-zap into and out of messaging.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 03:10 PM
    Never say never, but I come to BlackBerry as a MeeGo refuge as BlackBerry 10 offered closest gesture based experience. I don't expect BlackBerry to skin android deep enough for it to resemble modern, gesture based mobile OS. So no, will be Jolla then.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 03:16 PM

1) Google is far too invasive as far as marketing and privacy...don't wanna look at a targeted ad everytime I open an app. IF I don't want marketing, I have to root it which is a pain.There is no support if you have a problem with Google...you have to rely on forums for support. Google's versions whether froyo, gingerbread, kit kat or Lolipop are all buggy and glitchy...no matter what device they are running on. This is also why Apple stole a lot of market share...they are supported, not Glitchy, function and easy to use...very user friendly.

2) A BlackBerry Z30 does not have a keyboard, the Passport does..so I doubt you have ever touched a Blackberry otherwise you would know. HUB is a Blackberry thing, guarded and patented as it should be because IMHO it is the most efficient way to communicate...which it the primary purpose of a phone.

3) Android has too many hands in the pot/code to be stable...so too many trying to make improvements, patching, fixing...it's like a permanent work in progress which makes it almost impossible to be a Rock solid stable OS like BB10 or IOS. The only version of Android I would use is Ubuntu or a stripped down light version...I'm not interested in App/ Dev/Games /Ads invading my device with all the BS.

ρō�┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů�� ρÚ�ρōЯ┬.
    mefretwell likes this.
    06-12-15 03:34 PM

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    BlackBerry World is open to .apk's?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 05:04 PM
    No, I would not. The phone's price point would be too high and would not be good enough specs when compared to other companies (eg. Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, etc.). Furthermore, I like BB10 as the OS. The hub, gestures, keyboard, inbuilt productivity, background multitasking, and the app permissions are great. The problem is that there is not enough big name apps on BB10.

~.Posted using CB10 on my Z10 running 10.3.1.~
    mefretwell and SIR_LIL_SAINT like this.
    06-12-15 07:15 PM
515 ... 678910 ...