Well... , I use both a z30 and a note 4, I do love my z30 but it's the one with the pimped vw engine I hate to say.
    So many work around, and so much it fails or struggles on
    06-09-15 06:15 PM
    Well... , I use both a z30 and a note 4, I do love my z30 but it's the one with the pimped vw engine I hate to say.
    So many work around, and so much it fails or struggles on
    Struggling on something it wasn't meant to run doesn't count. Example Google Apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-09-15 06:18 PM
    Struggling on something it wasn't meant to run doesn't count. Example Google Apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    no other things, like wifi, I had to mess around for days till I got lucky and got wifi to stay on, but still, even if I go out to my garage, it can't get a good wifi signal, but yet won't switch to OTA data, so I have no data in the garage or yard. If I go farther, it loses wifi so then switches to OTA data My android keeps wifi going all the way to my back fence outside, and never has that middle zone where I get no data.
    Also, the phone, both ear and speaker are too quiet, hard to hear people when we have the air condition going, or in the car if the window is down. Other apps, that don't require google services, but yet came from Amazon, run slow and some lack features.
    06-09-15 09:25 PM
    Bb10 is the best mobile os. But if BlackBerry could figure a way to do secure Android without having to sign up for Google services, then sure.

But I want absolutely nothing to do with Google services.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:14 PM
    Yes, i want BlackBerry Hub, Apps and the BlackBerry Keyboard!
    06-10-15 02:11 AM
    no other things, like wifi, I had to mess around for days till I got lucky and got wifi to stay on, but still, even if I go out to my garage, it can't get a good wifi signal, but yet won't switch to OTA data, so I have no data in the garage or yard. If I go farther, it loses wifi so then switches to OTA data My android keeps wifi going all the way to my back fence outside, and never has that middle zone where I get no data.
    Also, the phone, both ear and speaker are too quiet, hard to hear people when we have the air condition going, or in the car if the window is down. Other apps, that don't require google services, but yet came from Amazon, run slow and some lack features.
    Have you tried wiping without restore? Your problem could also be a hardware problem. If you are running an official OS then contact BlackBerry for support

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-10-15 02:29 AM
    For me, it all depends on how BlackBerry tweaks android to suit their needs.

But I would definitely give them a try!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 06:20 AM
    Have you tried wiping without restore? Your problem could also be a hardware problem. If you are running an official OS then contact BlackBerry for support

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    Yes, wipe, autoloader, manual set up. This is my second z30, both did this. I see so many with wifi issues so I'm sure it's a bb problem, not a defective phone
    06-10-15 10:36 AM
    I doubt the Android OS fits into the broader BB product strategy that is based on QNX, from mobile computers (smartphones) to automotive to IoT. QNX is a core competency and product offering as those 3 technology legs become integrated.

Android "apps" or even iOS apps could be hosted on the virtual platform. There is little enterprise value in a majority of apps.
    06-10-15 10:48 AM
    What is with Android stuff. We need a Linux BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 11:04 AM
    Nope.

ρō�┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů�� ρÚ�ρōЯ┬.
    06-10-15 11:08 AM
    Want nothing to do with Google, Google + or preloaded social stalking apps.

06-10-15 11:09 AM
    No i would not. I have no interest in a straight android phone. If there was no BlackBerry option i would probably switch to Windows.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 01:41 PM
    This is interesting,
    * Right now, BB offers android runtime through Amazon, we can also get apps with snap. Many of us use these
    * If BB did make another type phone and bailed on it's OS, Android would be the easiest to meld into the closest current BB experience
    * If all the current BB purists bailed, but just 1% of all others jumped on board, BB's phone sales would go up a lot

But, most on here seem to hate Android the worst and would go to IOS or Windows over an Android with the HUB, and other BB goodies.
    Interesting!
    06-10-15 01:53 PM
    If I wanted an Android phone, I'd get an Android phone. There's a lot of choice. No BB10, no BB for me. As simple as that.
    To the ones saying "I'd like a BB phone running Android but without Google Play Services", WTF? What would be the point of going Android apart from many Android apps needing Google services?
    thymaster likes this.
    06-10-15 03:05 PM
    If I wanted an Android phone, I'd get an Android phone. There's a lot of choice. No BB10, no BB for me. As simple as that.
    To the ones saying "I'd like a BB phone running Android but without Google Play Services", WTF? What would be the point of going Android apart from many Android apps needing Google services?
    That's a worst case for a BlackBerry/Android crossover. I could live with a BB/Android phone if it didn't have Google apps.

However, if it were to have Google services, I'd either switch to Windows Phone or Jolla Phone. Maybe Cyanogenmod without Google apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 03:11 PM
    What is with Android stuff. We need a Linux BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    You know Android is Linux based, don't you?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.798 SR 10.3.2.516
    06-10-15 03:32 PM
    That's a worst case for a BlackBerry/Android crossover. I could live with a BB/Android phone if it didn't have Google apps.

However, if it were to have Google services, I'd either switch to Windows Phone or Jolla Phone. Maybe Cyanogenmod without Google apps.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for my ignorance, but does Windows phone have Google services?
    06-10-15 03:46 PM
    Sorry for my ignorance, but does Windows phone have Google services?
    No. WP doesn't have any Google service, only unofficial clients. As ex WP user, I couldn't complain of any missing service.

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-10-15 03:59 PM
    Seems like many go Windows Phone instead Android

Right choice, love my Lumia 830 and can't wait for the next 840 Windows 10 flagship.

Still love my Z10 and Q5 but let's face it: BlackBerry is done.
    No devices worth spend money on. Classic, Leap...all overpriced old technology.
    Not even a decent camera, no removable battery, no dual SIM. Nothing.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    06-10-15 04:35 PM
    Want nothing to do with Google, Google + or preloaded social stalking apps.

You don't use Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Snap Chat or anything?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 05:36 PM
    I think they'd be referring to the Cynogen Mod Method. If not that's the stupidest thing I've heard too lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 05:38 PM
    Why? There are plenty of Android handsets already. I don't see why people like android so much. What's the alure? Is it the apps?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 06:08 PM
    Why? There are plenty of Android handsets already. I don't see why people like android so much. What's the alure? Is it the apps?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's the apps. And the regular support that those apps get. There is a lot of money and power behind Android. It's a sure bet.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 08:25 PM
    You don't use Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Snap Chat or anything?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I live life richly without those.

06-10-15 08:29 PM
515 ... 45678 ...