01-11-18 08:26 PM
354 ... 12131415
tools
    Yeah sure, why not?!

Posted from Passport Silver Edition
    Qorax likes this.
    11-27-17 07:53 AM
    Find a new company to license it and guarantee with 20 million users by 50% down payment and you still won't find success except for BB who just gets their lost $10 billion from BB10.

Quit chasing unicorns...... BB quit and you should too
    (1) great to have lost 10B in prior year... you don't need to pay tax for the rest of the few years.
    (2) are you sure it is BB10 lost that much? (couting qualcomm 1B, private jet and drunking directors, alicia key, formula one? and superbowl smoke?).. hopefully, the next is not TH in the thron...
    (3) who tell you license is the one? you either have to have full control, or not... with software in focus, BB logo just confusing when Chen open his mouth. take it private with someone knowing both hardware software integration would be far better... until that happen, not holding my breath (would be dead if I do).
    (4) BB is only 7B or less market cap... as for the leadership? less than a hand ful world wide might be able to do it... only unique personality will actually do it, success rate? 50/50. (unless Mike L and Ruby jump in as I said it all along). majority with MBA are bad news.
    11-27-17 11:01 AM
    (1) great to have lost 10B in prior year... you don't need to pay tax for the rest of the few years.
    (2) are you sure it is BB10 lost that much? (couting qualcomm 1B, private jet and drunking directors, alicia key, formula one? and superbowl smoke?).. hopefully, the next is not TH in the thron...
    (3) who tell you license is the one? you either have to have full control, or not... with software in focus, BB logo just confusing when Chen open his mouth. take it private with someone knowing both hardware software integration would be far better... until that happen, not holding my breath (would be dead if I do).
    (4) BB is only 7B or less market cap... as for the leadership? less than a hand ful world wide might be able to do it... only unique personality will actually do it, success rate? 50/50. (unless Mike L and Ruby jump in as I said it all along). majority with MBA are bad news.
    $10B was lost over more than one year on BB10.

BB doesn't have the resources to develop or reestablish the BB10 OS. The companies that have the resources never bid for the company when it was cheaper than now.

You could give BB the Apple cash hoard and if Android/IOS still exists, BB10 would still fail. Just ask Microsoft. They have the cash and could have acquired BB several times and know BB10 is a bottomless money pit. It doesn't take a MBA to figure that out.....

Mike L chose to walk away with all his money. Even he never believed in the BB10 story. While BB was developing BB10, he was liquidating his shares....
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    11-27-17 11:14 AM
    microsoft didn't plant a mole in BB to drive stock down (like they did to nokia)... once they brought nokia, game over... too much overlap between BB and nokia didn't make any sense to aquire BB... they benefit to gain the hardware expertise for the console game... just check "microsoft" + "electronic packaging" on google will pop some text book that written by chaps with background, should we say, not so-" soft"? Mike L bid BB but failed - he liquidated his share after the attempt. (not sure because he want to make Chen's life easy, or for disclosure purpose... or dissolution of the way the company heading). Check your facts... not just read lost signal... news paper... ;-). peace.
    anon(2313227) and Qorax like this.
    11-27-17 11:35 AM
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ompany-private
    I see, even wiki avoided entry of Mike L attempt... (i guess you write the history based on the winner's story...nothing new, goes back to the Bible days).
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    11-27-17 11:46 AM
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...ompany-private
    I see, even wiki avoided entry of Mike L attempt... (i guess you write the history based on the winner's story...nothing new, goes back to the Bible days).
    Good point, You can't kill a Good Idea......though even Judas /Pilot & Herod all made it into the history of the Word... so...
    (This more to the point of the "Bible Days" rather than a commentary on the Founders ....and the wiki story is wiki)
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-28-17 at 01:01 AM.
    11-27-17 05:58 PM
    microsoft didn't plant a mole in BB to drive stock down (like they did to nokia)... once they brought nokia, game over... too much overlap between BB and nokia didn't make any sense to aquire BB... they benefit to gain the hardware expertise for the console game... just check "microsoft" + "electronic packaging" on google will pop some text book that written by chaps with background, should we say, not so-" soft"? Mike L bid BB but failed - he liquidated his share after the attempt. (not sure because he want to make Chen's life easy, or for disclosure purpose... or dissolution of the way the company heading). Check your facts... not just read lost signal... news paper... ;-). peace.
    Actually, Jim L had liquidated all of his shares in 2012, public record. Mike L kept only 5 % position in company and that was liquidated in 2013 after nominal bid was rejected by the BOD. That was only worth $26 million according to filings.

Both founders are estimated net worth of $700-800 million each. You can see that both liquidated most to all of shares before the BB10 rollout. Jim B offered nothing in buyout. Mike L rumored to bid nominal amount since company was below the book value and was interested with asset liquidation. Fairfax won bidding and then pulled bid.
    11-27-17 09:41 PM
    you forgot the 3rd founder... and many workbee willing to chip in if Mike L lead it way with a key board phone, like K1 (might be minus the droid).. (Mike also got his Quantum Computing... as for Jim, his focus was on sports team).... old history... you need to do a bit more research (same as those MBAs did case study chaps... feel for the elephent parts like blind.... )
    11-28-17 07:45 AM
    you forgot the 3rd founder... and many workbee willing to chip in if Mike L lead it way with a key board phone, like K1 (might be minus the droid).. (Mike also got his Quantum Computing... as for Jim, his focus was on sports team).... old history... you need to do a bit more research (same as those MBAs did case study chaps... feel for the elephent parts like blind.... )

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...0704dsc13d.htm

I didn't forget any of this. The SEC filing doc from time, disclosed Fregin and the combined 8% position. Fairfax was around 10% if memory serves me. It was all irrelevant. The only formal bid was Fairfax and it was later pulled. Nobody wanted to purchase BB pre-bankruptcy. All the potential bidders preferred bankruptcy except Fairfax since they could selectively pick desired assets instead of non-desired assets like BB10.

I'm not sure why all this matters. The point was that Mike L had liquidated the vast majority of holdings before the bid. His remaining shares were liquidated for around $30 million not too long after.

Fairfax pulled their bid and the founders never even countered.... The founders weren't serious with their bid....
    11-28-17 08:58 AM
    Best be the most up-to-date date model phone with BlackBerry support, I hear BlackBerry Mobile is different and it sucks

No Shade Just Light!!! Silver Passport 10.3.2.2639
    11-28-17 09:23 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd co-founders Lazaridis, Fregin consider takeover bid | Financial Post
    with consortium? yes, he lost to Chen's boss... 8 vs 10%? remember, the actual was 1B bond instead of 4B market cap... very smart move with TH and board on his side.
    11-28-17 09:47 AM
    8% vs 10% has nothing to do with takeover since they're looking for shareholders tendering shares to add to ownership %. TH wasn't for the Fairfax bond. Terms required TH be fired and Chen hired to get money from Prem/Fairfax.

The point in all this is ML did not really believe in BB10 as he liquidated majority of holdings beforehand. He understood the failure of BlackBerry once people left BBOS and BIS revenue dried up.
    11-28-17 12:44 PM
    8% vs 10% has nothing to do with takeover since they're looking for shareholders tendering shares to add to ownership %. TH wasn't for the Fairfax bond. Terms required TH be fired and Chen hired to get money from Prem/Fairfax.

The point in all this is ML did not really believe in BB10 as he liquidated majority of holdings beforehand. He understood the failure of BlackBerry once people left BBOS and BIS revenue dried up.
    Did He liquidate at the peak, on the upside, or way down on the downside. Of course there can be multple explanations to any of these actions. One being that if the Shareholder sheds some weight and locks some gains and anticipates a drop (maybe it was inflated values), he could be standing pat and waiting on the flipside to pick up shares at extremely favourable discounts if the stock dips too low.....of course there could be other reasons as well....maybe he thought they were being driven hard out of the market by the tactics of the competition as well....many possibities....no definitive answers, because we'd have to be inside his mind at the time......and as far as i can tell, nobody has opened up that baby and examined his device drivers (lol), I'm sure he was all POSIX compliant.
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 11-29-17 at 12:27 AM.
    11-29-17 12:15 AM
    Blackberry Diagnostics and Telemetry Services

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-diagnostics-telemetry-services-1128819/

So can people explain what's the problem with Android when it appears BB does much of the same?
    11-29-17 06:43 AM
    For an Z30 follower I would.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876) LoveBB10Apps - LoveBB10
    11-29-17 07:49 AM
    Blackberry Diagnostics and Telemetry Services

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-diagnostics-telemetry-services-1128819/

So can people explain what's the problem with Android when it appears BB does much of the same?
    That thread is about Android, not BB10 but criticisms of Google's data collection usually have to do with its user profiles and how much data they contain. BlackBerry, Apple, etc don't create profiles like that and I highly doubt they have the reach to collect as much data either.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rowser-history
    11-29-17 10:18 AM
    Definitely!!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-17 12:58 PM
    Yeah indeed ! BB10 is simply awesome!

Posted via CB10
    It's also still half baked and at the same time, finished as an OS.
    I wish it wasn't true but that's reality.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-17 03:03 PM
    Absolutely...

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 02:03 AM
    Would have to be one heck of a flagship..

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 04:59 AM
    There is no phone for which I would pay $1000, I happily pay more than $3,500 every 2-3 years for a top of the line engineering laptop, because it's my primary work tool, but, unless a phone could automate many complex tasks with AN functionality, it could never pay for itself at that price.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-01-17 05:32 AM
    Yes, but look at what they get......
    They get what?.. Nomophobia? Hell yes.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-17 04:18 PM
    No, but I would pay $15,000 for a new Model T if it would save Ford.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-01-17 04:50 PM
    They get what?.. Nomophobia? Hell yes.

Posted via CB10
    That started out as BB thing with BIS didn't it? LOL
    arfeo likes this.
    12-01-17 05:38 PM
    Welcome to today's reality. Back in time people used to even understand how technology works (recording, cutting and playing music on cassettes for example, repairing things on their own, etc.). Thanks to Apple all we have to know nowadays - and the only thing we end up knowing - is how to swipe over glass or pay for every little service.

Posted via CB10
    This is about the most revelatory, red-pilling statement about tech I've ever read. Couldn't have said it better.

To go even further, Apple is almost single-handedly responsible for:

-The almost extinction of the PKB

-The extinction of opening, sliding, spinning, or anything non-slab as far as form factors

-The extinction of the removable battery

-The extinction of strong plastic builds, in favor of fragile glass

-More recently, the extinction of the 3.5mm jack

-The trend of $800+ devices

-The trend of yearly small incremental upgrades instead of outside the box innovation

We could go on...
    Last edited by the_boon; 01-11-18 at 05:54 AM.
    FabriciusFab, Qorax and ppeters914 like this.
    01-11-18 05:35 AM
354 ... 12131415