I would pay $1000-$1500 for a BB10 Passport-like device. I designed one and just post it on the Passport forum.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    05-17-17 05:54 PM
    Best Smartphone Operating System?
    BB10 - (B)etter? no (B)est! (1) to (0). It just is, we who know, know it, even if it got slammed into and run-over by a driver-less car fleeing the Google-zilla monster during a torrential downpour of Apples.
    Qorax likes this.
    05-17-17 09:33 PM
    True as well, but the thing is BB10 as a basic functional touch operating system surpassed Android and Apple iPhone operating systems at the time. And Tablets in general, and ones with LTE data plans were all the rage in the time frame of the Passport, so it seemed like a sound business plan. Though the iPads were juggernnauting in sales.

So Technically they caught up it would seem, but the market didn't reward them for the advancement, they were shunted aside - definitely in part by the overwhelming social media bad-mouthing but I guess they also lost the battle for the me-too cool-tech impressionable marketing appeal at that time. Though they really were still business focused. And the app side story also left a negative impression for a consumer breakthrough.
    Still seems to be better now. I've been sitting here playing with an iPhone for the last 3 hours doing a demo to see if it will fit into our business systems....here are just a couple of the problems I found:

- Keyboard; not as accurate or easy to use as bb10
    - Security Holes; can't even disable the camera on the lock screen, anyone can pick up the phone and start taking pictures
    - browser; limited functionality compared to bb10
    - file system; essentially nonexistent on ios

Face it, BB10 continues to be the superior OS, even at this late date. It certainly had/has its draw backs and lack of apps, but comparing just the OS for Android, bb10 and IOS on their face....bb10 STILL wins, hands down. It's like comparing a German automobile to a Kia. BB10 just thought through certain things that Apple and Google, still can't get right.

I will say that 10.1 wasn't fully baked. But 10.3 is/was excellent.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-20-17 05:09 PM
    No

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    05-20-17 05:18 PM
    Nokia dead with meego/maemo and instead try with windows and nothing, bb10 is beautiful os, if they confidence in themselves and attract more developer, I'm sure they will survive, upgrade the runtime, give it latest SoC, they can do it, but google + apple won't let it happened, data mining should be continued, other than them surely will be killed soon or later, even Microsoft can't do anything, this world will be so boring, android vs ios race only, period...

Z10 is my new friend, come from mighty nokia n9 meego harmattan
    05-22-17 02:33 AM
    Not a chance in hell.

I'm going to keep my BB10 device for a few more years, till the 4.3 runtime becomes too outdated, then buy a windows device - by that time their emu will be out, the UI will be optimised, and the windows store will be replete. It'll probably end up being a Samsung, lol.

I'm not really that interested in Android. It has some handy apps no doubt, but no scalability of "power" due to low development funding. Almost every decent game for example, is a windows port. They just cant afford to produce games like that for android. Just like they would never release illustrator, or fruity loops for android.

Its not even a practicality, reason, as a techy, I just like to have something I can really play with. If I buy a new device I'll want it to be able to "do more". Android doesn't really do more than a cobalt patched bb10 device. iOS in fact, probably has more advanced software development. God, I never thought I'd come out on apples side, lol!

If the HUB was available on Win10 then, I'd buy that. And I'll miss the simple elegance of BB maps, and especially the keyboard. But hopefully when BB goes belly up, someone will scoop up the remains and use the patents.

That way their might at least be a keyboard attachment for some other manufacturer.
    By that time Jolla might even be better option than windows.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    puspitawarna likes this.
    05-22-17 09:23 AM
    If OS future is guranteed I would definitely spend on..

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-23-17 11:22 PM
    By that time Jolla might even be better option than windows.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Not a chance lol

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 02:33 PM
    I did. First the classic and then the silver edition. I did sell the Classic. All in the past year and a half. I'd rather pick up used bars of soap in a prison than switch to android.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 07:52 PM
    He'll to the naw!!!

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T[
    05-24-17 08:08 PM
    People spend that on the iPhone regularly to save Apple's Future.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-26-17 08:21 PM
    Yes, but look at what they get......
    11-26-17 08:22 PM
    I won't.
    11-26-17 08:53 PM
    Yes, but look at what they get......
    Animated stickers?
    Qorax and hoppysfavorite like this.
    11-26-17 08:54 PM
    Yeah indeed ! BB10 is simply awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-17 11:46 PM
    I'm all in. Continue making BB10 devices and I will purchase them upon every launch. No questions asked, pricing immaterial. Promise!
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-26-17 11:59 PM
    All in
    11-27-17 02:23 AM
    nope
    11-27-17 02:26 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 05:12 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 05:54 AM
    No. The OS is stuck @ 4.3 and we're at 8.0. There's no ecosystem so it's not worth $1,000. It's not even worth $500.
    11-27-17 06:09 AM
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ver-an-18-part
    (1) not with the current pay structure for qualcomm (as % of handset... more expansive handset, more money for qualcomm, less compatitive to cheap chinese made phone... qualcomm killed BB10 hardware before... not again).
    (2) not use qualcomm's modem... the article is biased (above link), didn't even mention BB settlement of near 1B. wait until Intel or others on board (FRAND license should be fair... will wait and see what is come out from std setting for 5G).. keep my eyes on IBM.
    (3) not design like Essential: the back door survived drop, but break the front screen... are you suppose to protect screen instead?
    (4) BB13, not BB10 - with 5G, and get rid of App and Google run time. wait until next std and web based "app" with few existing BB10 apps everybody still fall in love with as perminent burn in to the handset.
    (5) design like 9982 or 9983 (with screen ratio change). yap, I fork over 1K (CAD). anything less, No. (don't need water proof, face un-lock (although I don't have a twin somewhere... scary thought. one of me is enough trouble anyhow...off the topic), etc. etc. save the gimmik, just give me preview scrolling when the call/mail come in on top of the back door (low visibility- like behind sun-glass with multi color indicator for snap like 20 sec ish...) I would be happy. Don't cheap on earbuds or speaker... simple, that's all.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-27-17 06:53 AM
    Yes every damn Inch of it..!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-17 06:58 AM
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ver-an-18-part
    (1) not with the current pay structure for qualcomm (as % of handset... more expansive handset, more money for qualcomm, less compatitive to cheap chinese made phone... qualcomm killed BB10 hardware before... not again).
    (2) not use qualcomm's modem... the article is biased (above link), didn't even mention BB settlement of near 1B. wait until Intel or others on board (FRAND license should be fair... will wait and see what is come out from std setting for 5G).. keep my eyes on IBM.
    (3) not design like Essential: the back door survived drop, but break the front screen... are you suppose to protect screen instead?
    (4) BB13, not BB10 - with 5G, and get rid of App and Google run time. wait until next std and web based "app" with few existing BB10 apps everybody still fall in love with as perminent burn in to the handset.
    (5) design like 9982 or 9983 (with screen ratio change). yap, I fork over 1K (CAD). anything less, No. (don't need water proof, face un-lock (although I don't have a twin somewhere... scary thought. one of me is enough trouble anyhow...off the topic), etc. etc. save the gimmik, just give me preview scrolling when the call/mail come in on top of the back door (low visibility- like behind sun-glass with multi color indicator for snap like 20 sec ish...) I would be happy. Don't cheap on earbuds or speaker... simple, that's all.
    Find a new company to license it and guarantee with 20 million users by 50% down payment and you still won't find success except for BB who just gets their lost $10 billion from BB10.

Quit chasing unicorns...... BB quit and you should too
    11-27-17 07:04 AM
    The Initial Question : Would you spend 1000$ for a new BB10 Device to save BB10s future?

Already did more than once to no avail.............................but mainly because I wanted to, I could and because that's the way I like it and I still use them on a daily basis.

At this point it is pretty safe to say that the BB10S future is beyond salvage !
    Qorax likes this.
    11-27-17 07:24 AM
354 ... 1112131415