My realistic dream would be BB10 with Android 7.0 runtime = $800.
    First steps on this dream quest...
    Step 1 Someone licenses BB10.
    Step 2 Open Hardware Alliance grants miracle.

Would you spend 1000$ for a new BB10 Device to save BB10s future?-c3de5f626727db8ba52bc22dfa075b04.jpg

Step 3 ....
    04-12-17 03:13 PM
    Not a dime more unfortunately BB10 is dead no more devices and all services shutting down.

I am hoping for a classic android device which I believe would sell very well.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 05:24 PM
    It's a fair point - but only to a degree and only when done with transparency. The problem as I (and many others who have commented to me) see it, isn't necessarily the "policing" as you put it, but the un-credentialed policing with a lack of transparency. People tout things from a position of authority, without the credentials and/or disclosure to back up those statements.

Who gets to decide what is realistic or unrealistic; and who are the police officers?

I know many on this site have asked for a disclosure regarding a few certain users' potential affiliation(s) with Google, and have never (to the best of my knowledge) received a straight answer.

When "policing" is done by an interested party (financial or otherwise), there is, by definition, a conflict of interest.....which again, isn't necessarily a problem as long as said conflict is disclosed. People are then able to take a "policeman's" post for what it's worth to them.

Otherwise don't you run the risk of Crackberry being looked at as a bunch of Crackpots who really believe something as nonsensical as "Android is just as private as BB10." Doesn't the risk cut both ways? Won't people take THOSE unrealistic statements as gospel and start 50 other threads using those same unrealistic statements?

If someone is "policing" then shouldn't it at least be transparent, credentialed, and accurate information?

Otherwise, what stops a Google employee, or a Blackberry Mobile employee for that matter, from coming into the Crackberry forums and just pushing their own agenda? Is Crackberry an advertisement platform for Google? Some users feel as though it's already turned into that.

Again, this has gone further than intended....its just food for thought.

Carry on.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing stops employees from comptitive companies posting on forums other than the potential bad PR of getting caught. Most companies today use viral marketers to post on forums. In open forums it is up to the moderators to spot and stop such activities. This site has good moderators. They support the open flow of discussions necessary to make a sight like this work.

I am sorry you don't like the posts on this thread. I have followed this and have seen no alternative facts by the realistic BB10 posters. I don't know what you expect. Some maybe mad because of Blackberry's change to Android. Some of us have knowledge about Blackberry's BB10 commitment. My company creates enterprise software and for several years created one BB10 app to support our software. We met with BlackBerry last year while planning our future app strategy. BlackBerry was very clear, as a result of the meeting we ended BB10 support.

I am sorry you don't like negative BB10 posts, but reread this thread and you will find at least as much pro alternative fact posts. I don't know what you expect or see as the future. The BB10 dev team was broken up over 2 years ago. I know several of them and where they are now working. The QNX team has no knowledge of anything to do with BB10. It's a foundation used by Blackberry to build BB10. In fact it took the BB10 team several years to create BB10 after BlackBerry bought QNX.

Just because many of us see no future in BB10 does not make us haters. I loved the Palm OS, I still think it is great, but I see no future. OS/2 2.0 was one of my all time favorite OS, fantastic in how much power it could get out of the x86 chips. BB10 is great, but what is different about its future than Palm and OS/2? Being realistic does not make us haters. Tell us what 'facts' in this thread you dispute?
    BigBadWulf and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    04-12-17 06:32 PM
    First steps on this dream quest...
    Step 1 Someone licenses BB10.
    Step 2 Open Hardware Alliance grants miracle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c3de5f626727db8ba52bc22dfa075b04.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	421152

Step 3 ....
    With the major problem being BlackBerry has finished it's HW licensing deals. For someone to license BB10 they would have to do so under their own brand.

BTW, great picture.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-12-17 06:52 PM
    With the major problem being BlackBerry has finished it's HW licensing deals. For someone to license BB10 they would have to do so under their own brand.
    My reasonable dream is that ZZ top licence BB10 and transform it into ZZ11.
    And release it on a new device The ZZ50.
    I would get the "Eliminator" collectors edition.
    Oh and BTW that's Zed Zed top because its my reasonable dream.
    eshropshire and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-12-17 06:59 PM
    The ruggedized version was naturally called the "Rough Boy"
    Troy Tiscareno and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-12-17 07:32 PM
    The ruggedized version was naturally called the "Rough Boy"
    Have mercy!
    04-13-17 02:53 PM
    Have mercy!
    Slightly worried that I am unintentionally funny.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-13-17 02:59 PM
    I wouldn't pay $1000 to save the future of humanity

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    04-13-17 03:24 PM
    Yes the next bb10 device will be called the 20/20 because looking back, we can see a way forward...plus we have a wheelbarrow of cash we can use now.
    04-13-17 03:25 PM
    Yes the next bb10 device will be called the 20/20 because looking back, we can see a way forward...plus we have a wheelbarrow of cash we can use now.
    Its an inter model container of cash and it would be an all-in bet that would finish the company.
    In the words of John Mclean "Yippee Ki yay!".
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-13-17 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    So go spend it on yourself, you wouldn't be violating any of your principles.
    04-13-17 07:25 PM
    Nothing stops employees from comptitive companies posting on forums other than the potential bad PR of getting caught. Most companies today use viral marketers to post on forums. In open forums it is up to the moderators to spot and stop such activities. This site has good moderators. They support the open flow of discussions necessary to make a sight like this work.

I am sorry you don't like the posts on this thread. I have followed this and have seen no alternative facts by the realistic BB10 posters. I don't know what you expect. Some maybe mad because of Blackberry's change to Android. Some of us have knowledge about Blackberry's BB10 commitment. My company creates enterprise software and for several years created one BB10 app to support our software. We met with BlackBerry last year while planning our future app strategy. BlackBerry was very clear, as a result of the meeting we ended BB10 support.

I am sorry you don't like negative BB10 posts, but reread this thread and you will find at least as much pro alternative fact posts. I don't know what you expect or see as the future. The BB10 dev team was broken up over 2 years ago. I know several of them and where they are now working. The QNX team has no knowledge of anything to do with BB10. It's a foundation used by Blackberry to build BB10. In fact it took the BB10 team several years to create BB10 after BlackBerry bought QNX.

Just because many of us see no future in BB10 does not make us haters. I loved the Palm OS, I still think it is great, but I see no future. OS/2 2.0 was one of my all time favorite OS, fantastic in how much power it could get out of the x86 chips. BB10 is great, but what is different about its future than Palm and OS/2? Being realistic does not make us haters. Tell us what 'facts' in this thread you dispute?
    You've missed the point entirely. The purpose of my original post was only to illustrate that the incessant bickering "android vs bb10" is redundant, isn't productive, is disruptive and is largely unnecessary....seems like every thread eventually turns into the same argument. I wasn't debating the viability or lack thereof of BB10, the facts surrounding that issue, or how realistic either side's position is. Only that if a guy starts a thread wanting to save BB10, so what? Is it really necessary to rain on his parade? It's already been pointed out to me, that yes, people do believe that it is necessary to rain on his parade.....lest we all be perceived as Crackpots; terminology I found to be clever.

I'm off to go peruse the Android forums, make sure those guys are "realistic" about their expectations of privacy and security while using an Android OS.

Just to be clear, that was a joke. =)

.......I don't have that kinda time.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 09:31 PM
    I'm off to go peruse the Android forums, make sure those guys are "realistic" about their expectations of privacy and security while using an Android OS.

Just to be clear, that was a joke. =)

.......I don't have that kinda time.

Posted via CB10
    Would it surprise you, there are many that do?
    04-13-17 10:11 PM
    BlackBerry as said that BBOS10 is available as part of their new licensing strategy if any company wishes to run with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 11:14 PM
    I pushed BB10 hard in my company, at one point we had 2200 BBOS and 1400 BB10...ive done my part.
    04-14-17 12:50 AM
    I pushed BB10 hard in my company, at one point we had 2200 BBOS and 1400 BB10...ive done my part.
    What are they using now?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 03:01 AM
    BlackBerry as said that BBOS10 is available as part of their new licensing strategy if any company wishes to run with it.

Posted via CB10
    That was last September, since that time BlackBerry has signed exclusive BlackBerry hardware partners.
    04-14-17 08:45 AM
    Is BlackBerry world really not big enough to sustain BB10 going forward, considering 50% of smartphone owners download 0 apps per month, and only 13% account for 50% of all downloads.....I'd say BlackBerry could survive with only 67% market share, wouldn
    't you?

https://www.recode.net/2016/9/16/129...month-comscore
    04-14-17 02:53 PM
    Is BlackBerry world really not big enough to sustain BB10 going forward, considering 50% of smartphone owners download 0 apps per month, and only 13% account for 50% of all downloads.....I'd say BlackBerry could survive with only 67% market share, wouldn
    't you?

https://www.recode.net/2016/9/16/129...month-comscore
    Those 50% already have downloaded the necessary apps, and don't need any more. BB10 doesn't have most of those basic apps though.
    04-14-17 03:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Gold!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 04:04 AM
    So what are the necessary apps that bb10 is missing?
    Looking at the top app downloads, i'd say its only about a dozen or so apps that ppl claim they 'must have', and not the 600,000 others.

Now that Google has relented on their restrictive and tight controls on Android at the behest of the Russian Competition Authorities, I could see the floodgates opening to allow for bb10 to access GooglePlay in some form or another "sandbox/virtual machine or other form", to preserve privacy on the bb10 side, and possibly the same for Amazon to have cross-access as well to Google Play.
    04-18-17 09:44 AM
    The "necessary apps" would depend on the individual. Hard to pin that down. My necessities might be very different from yours.

Also, what happens in Russia really won't affect what Google does anywhere else. They are going to keep doing what they do until the US and UK governments say otherwise.

And somehow I just don't see at least the US government doing anything about Google's tactics anytime soon. At least, not now.

Joel
    04-18-17 10:47 AM
    I could see the floodgates opening to allow for bb10 to access GooglePlay in some form or another.
    How much you wanna bet? How much you got?

You do understand that BB10 is gone, right? The staff are gone, the buildings repurposed, the inventory depleted, and the company is out of hardware entirely.
    04-18-17 11:52 AM
    How much you wanna bet? How much you got?

You do understand that BB10 is gone, right? The staff are gone, the buildings repurposed, the inventory depleted, and the company is out of hardware entirely.
    Ideas usually don't originate in the Accounting Department, nor on the Balance Sheet, but they surely can be killed there, if the vision is not shared (in other words yes I am aware that those may be the facts, but facts alone are neither here nor there).
    04-18-17 04:47 PM
354 ... 7891011 ...