This is like inventing emojis for a chat program. WAIT!
    07-12-16 08:23 PM
    I would pay, but I also would have basic stuff like Whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 10:21 AM
    I would pay, but I also would have basic stuff like Whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    How much? It would have to be well over $2000/year.
    07-13-16 10:27 AM
    I always thought of this questions as the other way around...

To help replace the BIS revenue, should the BlackBerry Android Apps be globally available for a few dollars / month?

If you had 1% of the 1 Billion Android phones, then that is $10M / month * Fee. Is that worth it?
    07-13-16 12:51 PM
    Would I pay an annual or monthly fee for BlackBerry 10 OS? No. However I might consider a nominal fee if I get the Google Services + all the latest Android or iOS apps native on my phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-13-16 01:26 PM
    No

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:22 AM
    How much? It would have to be well over $2000/year.
    Not so much obviously, but 100$/yr could be ok

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 06:12 AM
    I always thought of this questions as the other way around...

To help replace the BIS revenue, should the BlackBerry Android Apps be globally available for a few dollars / month?

If you had 1% of the 1 Billion Android phones, then that is $10M / month * Fee. Is that worth it?
    That's a tough sell. Most of the popular mail apps for Android range in price from free (Outlook, K9 & Touchdown) to $10 (Nine) to $15 (Boxer with all the bells and whistles). And another $5 for calendar replacements (BizCalc 2). Maybe another $5 for a contacts replacement?

So you're looking at $25-$30 one-time fee (assuming you feel the need to replace all the stock apps).

$120/yr feels like a tough pill to swallow.
    07-15-16 06:44 AM
    Yes, up to $40 but only if modern hardware is provided. Updated Q10 with no more than 10% size increase.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-15-16 06:45 AM
    If BlackBerry could offer the Hub for Android, that would likely be a money maker, but they should have done it three years ago.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:59 AM
    Those of us who bought new devices already did pay BlackBerry for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 02:15 PM
    Those of us who bought new devices already did pay BlackBerry for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you paid thousands of dollars for the device, you didn't contribute a nickel to BB10. BlackBerry threw that in at a monumental loss.
    Troy Tiscareno and MC_A_DOT like this.
    07-15-16 02:33 PM
    Unless you paid thousands of dollars for the device, you didn't contribute a nickel to BB10. BlackBerry threw that in at a monumental loss.
    Not only did you not pay for the OS, but with the sales numbers you did not pay for the last two updates either........WOOF!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-16-16 01:06 PM
    Even the "yes" replies on this thread are really "yes but..." and notice that everyone has a different condition. WhatsApp, new hardware, Google services, other apps, etc. The problem with charging people for something is that they immediately are entitled to something for their money.

Charging even a little costs you a lot more than free. Put a bunch of cupcakes in your company break room with a sign that says "free" then a week later put out the same cupcakes and put a $1 price tag on them and see what happens.
    07-18-16 01:01 PM
    I'd pay up to 600$ annually.

However that would be contingent on android runtime being up to date.

The advantage would be that the OS wouldn't need continual updates just to keep consumers buying new devices. Blackberry could keep the OS nearly the same and make only essential improvements from time to time. Would cost much less on account of this so would think.

07-19-16 07:39 PM
    Even the "yes" replies on this thread are really "yes but..." and notice that everyone has a different condition. WhatsApp, new hardware, Google services, other apps, etc. The problem with charging people for something is that they immediately are entitled to something for their money.

Charging even a little costs you a lot more than free. Put a bunch of cupcakes in your company break room with a sign that says "free" then a week later put out the same cupcakes and put a $1 price tag on them and see what happens.
    With or without laxatives to loosen everybody up??

07-19-16 07:41 PM
    I'd pay up to 600$ annually.

However that would be contingent on android runtime being up to date.

Your first statement would unfortunately be a fraction of what would be required.

Your second statement can not happen due to OHA rules.
    07-19-16 08:19 PM
    Paying for BB10, I don't know anymore... now, to have GPS in BB10 that would be a better question... I believe that BB10 was one of the best OS out there but the no-app situation was just too much to overcome... if you add all the apps then I would pay for sure... and I am sure the other three or four guys interested in this in the world would pay as well...

07-19-16 09:06 PM
    Paying for BB10, I don't know anymore... now, to have GPS in BB10 that would be a better question...
    That was never an option - Google's license prohibits it.
    07-19-16 10:16 PM
    that's what i heard... but you know, if all five of us ask Google, maybe they make an exception...

That was never an option - Google's license prohibits it.
    JeepBB and app_Developer like this.
    07-19-16 11:04 PM
    Yes,i'l pay If they will provide updates on time for BlackBerry 10 and released new phones

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 12:30 AM
    Yes,i'l pay If they will provide updates on time for BlackBerry 10 and released new phones
    So, then, no. Because releasing new phones was never part of the discussion. We're talking about paying for OS updates (meaning, actual development, not just security patches) for your existing BB10 phones (only).

But it's all academic, since there's no chance of it happening anyway.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-20-16 11:54 PM
    I would pay as long as the price was reasonable. Although by me asking for a reasonable price it would seem that I'm the one not being reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 04:08 AM
    So, then, no. Because releasing new phones was never part of the discussion. We're talking about paying for OS updates (meaning, actual development, not just security patches) for your existing BB10 phones (only).

But it's all academic, since there's no chance of it happening anyway.
    But it can't be argued that the two are distant... OP says for 'BlackBerry10' and BlackBerry 10 can't be run on air, it has to run on a device, so it's implied that if there was a subscription service for BlackBerry 10 they would need to keep making devices for BlackBerry10, especially since at some point current devices would not be able to properly run the new OS.

A very low chance and the chance of nothing are as different as the space between 0.99999x~ and 1

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 05:13 AM
    Your first statement would unfortunately be a fraction of what would be required.

Your second statement can not happen due to OHA rules.
    *of an estimation of what would be required along line of possibility of how this could pan out

Alternatively if it was just supplementary rather than all out covering every cost, much like how when I buy a good/service I'm not paying for everything it cost to produce it, but rather at a price that the producer believes he can sell enough of to make some money back, then it could well be a much lower price that is still feasible in this outcome,

Which does not discount the outcome you stated.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 05:19 AM
104 12345