No, just no.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:34 AM
    I really don't give a flip about the what the underlying OS is called. There were a set of features and experience touches that drove my selection of Z10. If those features had been implemented in the 'legacy' BB OS, or a 'bespoke' version of Android, fine.

In our family, we a Windows 8 phone, 2 varieties of Android (Sam G4, LG), and the Z10 - all get the job done. For me, the BB interface is slightly more intuitive - my wife's G4 is a nice device, but the UI drives me crazy. The LG phones were a great deal - but lacked some e-mail connectivity and client capability, as did the Samsung. After 3 months, my disappointment with the Z10 has been very minor.
    1. Battery life - I'd love to have a device that can live more than a week without charging. My old Casio phone could do that.
    2. Availability of company-specific apps (e.g.banking,investment, etc.) Providing a better browser experience could suffice. Seems like the BB browser doesn't trigger ' I'm mobile device' for many sites.
    3. Stability of OS. Out of the box, I had crashes and reboots. The newer OS release helped - and the Android devices in the family have had the same sort of issues.
    4. Hardening and 'life resistance' - having the device water-resistant and less fragile would give me peace of mind. The case is a help - but I still have feeling of fragility.
    5. Cost. Cheaper would have been better.
    6. Signal and usability in certain areas. This is partly a T-Mobile issue - but the phone will show 4 bars of signal, then, a foot or two away, show 'no signal'. The cheaper LG phones seem to work better in that regard than either the Z10 or the G4 - which is a bit maddening.
    09-06-13 10:08 AM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:02 AM
    NO!

Posted via CB10 on Z10 (STL 100-1/10.2.0.1047)
    09-06-13 12:07 PM
    Never...never.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 12:13 PM
    I want both fully integrated together. Basically I'd like Bb10 + the ability to run any Android app.

But I insist on the ability to hide the bar at the bottom (10.2 apparently forces it to stay visible at all times).

I hope you can at least hide it for games.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 01:30 PM
    I see everyone saying no because of BlackBerry security, but aside from enterprise, security isn't selling more devices. Just saying. I don't think BB10 on partner hardware would sell any better either. Only people asking for this are us current BlackBerry users, who are also the ones supporting BB10, and obviously we haven't made a dent in sales. It saddens me that we are most likely in the last days of BlackBerry, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything falls back into place, everyday news regarding BlackBerry gets a tad bit worse.
    09-06-13 02:11 PM
    Aaaaaaah, nope Android OS is fragmented, not secure, not very intuitive, multitasking is frustrating and some models of the Android phones rarely if ever get updates.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:19 PM
    I see everyone saying no because of BlackBerry security, but aside from enterprise, security isn't selling more devices. Just saying. I don't think BB10 on partner hardware would sell any better either. Only people asking for this are us current BlackBerry users, who are also the ones supporting BB10, and obviously we haven't made a dent in sales. It saddens me that we are most likely in the last days of BlackBerry, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything falls back into place, everyday news regarding BlackBerry gets a tad bit worse.
    I wonder if that is changing given the whole NSA thing. BlackBerry was the only phone that the NSA couldn't hack.

(Note: There is an article posted by the Guardian that said it was, but all that actually happened was that the UK government setup a WIFI hotspot in a cafe and snooped on unencrypted Internet traffic coming from some BlackBerry's. This does not in any way constitute a "hack" of a BlackBerry phone. It was the users' fault for communicating without encryption on a public WIFI connection.)

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 03:33 PM
    No. Android isn't all that. Was a user for the last 5 years and it along with the devices it is on have only gotten worse. Would rather see iOS than any other. But prefer BlackBerry than iOS. If it makes Google feel better I would take them over...well no....would take MS first lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 08:35 AM
    Seeing how I (impatiently) wait for manufacturers to release updates for my Android devices, simply to have the device cache cleared, no, I have no interest in a BlackBerry device that runs just Android.

Sure, I can root my devices, which would let me install a different recovery app and clear the cache partition, but that is mostly a bandage on an issue that causes most Android devices to slow slow down and lag after time. It also would mean my BlackBerry would be a lot less secure.
    09-08-13 09:41 AM
    Nope, can't stand Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 12:35 PM
    I am for bb10 as long as it exists, regardless of who makes the hardware. BlackBerry on Samsung, BlackBerry on HTC, BlackBerry on Lenovo. All good to me.

That said, the best Partner and what ivtiikj would be a great pair up is Amazon and BB. They have good things they could do for each other and the combination would be very symbiotic if the corporate cultures could mesh.

Posted via CB10
    eldrover likes this.
    09-08-13 01:35 PM
    I can't stand the disjointed mess that Android has become. I bought a BlackBerry for the OS, not necessarily the hardware (although I think the Z10 is one of the nicer pieces of hardware on the market right now, up there with the iPhone and HTC One).
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    09-08-13 01:43 PM
    No, if I wanted android I would have went with android.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 01:57 PM
    No, if I go android, there are so much more better choice than BBRY.

If BlackBerry makes an android phone, I wouldn't be surprised that it 's going to be one year outdated in hardware specs, but as expensive as the most expensive one in the market.

So, why?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 01:57 PM
    Absolutely!!!

Android is great. But!!! I like BlackBerry UI concept a lot.

What i don't like at android are the devices itself.

the screen size is simply to big. The phones are getting bigger and bigger every year.

Now they reached 5" screen size. 4.7" is to big but 5" is simply too much.

Z10 screen size is perfect.
    Like i said bb10 UI is great but os is...I don't know. with android you have at least very good choice of apps.

So combining bb10 UI with android os would be great

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 05:18 PM
    Bpx

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 09:33 PM
    I am for bb10 as long as it exists, regardless of who makes the hardware. BlackBerry on Samsung, BlackBerry on HTC, BlackBerry on Lenovo. All good to me.

That said, the best Partner and what ivtiikj would be a great pair up is Amazon and BB. They have good things they could do for each other and the combination would be very symbiotic if the corporate cultures could mesh.

Posted via CB10
    THIS!!!!!! But I suspect BlackBerry burned some serious bridges with Amazon during the legacy OS days. Not sure if Amazon has any desire now....

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 09:45 PM
    If I'm making a decision based on what apps I need to get the job done, connect, or move, to use Blackberrys language, then unequivocally the answer is yes. I had hoped that BB10 and the push to recognize, and reach out to developers would have been successful - it wasn't. The result is what Blackberry has always struggled with - the availability of a robust app ecosystem.

But if I take the apps out of the equation, the answer is no. I like BB10 OS and it's features. And am quite content with. It is a much more fluid experience then I have ever had on a bb device.
    09-08-13 11:43 PM
    I'd actually have liked android on my Q10. I like android but I needed the physical keyboard and here I am for lack of a better option.

That's not to say I don't enjoy bb10. It's a decent os that I wouldn't mind at all if they could get more apps.

I specifically liked the freedom you get with an android device. I never went with apple because of how they locked down the os and didn't have an app drawer. I hate having all my apps on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:06 AM
    I'd rather peel my own eyeballs with a rusty spoon.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:13 AM
    Nope!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:21 AM
    No, because you can't make a POS any better regardless of what type of ribbon you tie around it. Android has, still is, and always will be an awful OS. Slapping BlackBerry branding or UI tweaks on it would not have changed that.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:21 AM
    What about a Samsung phone with BlackBerry 10 OS? It'd be nice if they gave it a shot. It'd be BlackBerry on steroids. Samsung has some of the best specs out there

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-09-13 09:31 PM
87 1234