09-16-13 11:46 PM
87 1234
tools
    In a nightmare yes for build quality but hopefully I woke up this morning and grabbed my z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:24 AM
    Very interesting question. Although I love my Z10 for the device itself but I also love the BB10 OS too, maybe even more. If forced to, I would rather a competitions device running BB10 OS than a BlackBerry device running android OS. I just think the bb10 OS is outstanding and very efficient and easy to use. I now swipe on any other device as if it was bb10.

I hope it doesn't come to that point.

Just to add, I have always been a keyboard lover and hated typing on virtual keyboards but the virtual keyboard on the Z10 is awesome. I love typing in it. I an faster in that keyboard then when I used a physical keyboard.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-14-13 02:34 AM
    i feel i will dump the blackberry mobile if they give up ...what they are

With all this talk of going private and acquisitions, it's a topic I feel a lot of people are sour on. After it was reported that an angel investor wanted BlackBerry to switch to Android, I got to thinking. What if BlackBerry had forked Android like Amazon did for the Kindle? Or heavily skinned it like Samsung does? Would you have been content with an Android device with the visual styling of BB10? It's an interesting take on things but I'd like to know how everyone else would have felt about such a device.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:41 AM
    Nope I would have switched to Sony.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 02:20 PM
    Maybe, if the still had the same gesture based interface and keyboard on top of Android. Otherwise I'd still stay with my Nokia N9.
    08-14-13 03:17 PM
    The question I have, is, What can Blackberry provide on the side of hardware, that Samsung or HTC or Motorola can't.
    In my mind, Nothing.
    If I was going to get a Blackberry branded phones with Android OS, i might as well get an HTC one, or a GS4.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:24 PM
    Absolutely 100% NO!!! The security would be poor, the viruses, the malware, it would be atrocious. Not to mention that BlackBerry doesn't have the specs to compete in the copybox war. Imagine running android with our specs, we would be bogged down by bloatware. The phone wouldn't be useable

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:25 PM
    No, I hate android

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 03:26 PM
    No, if I want an android, I will get me a Moto X or Xperia Z.
    08-14-13 03:33 PM
    Not a fan of Android. Rooting for BlackBerry all the way.

* @DJBrianS | BlackBerry Elite | www.djbrians.com *
    08-14-13 03:50 PM
    At first, I would have said no. Before launch I was pretty excited about BB10, but now, I think they probably would have been better off if they had just went Android.

BlackBerry could customize Android to look and work like BB10 currently does.

BB10 has the Hub, Gestures, and a great virtual keyboard. All of those things could easily be brought to Android via a BlackBerry skin.

The result would have been a BlackBerry device with all of the advantages consumers care about from BlackBerry 10 and a great ecosystem to back it up. Going Android would also have been cheaper and faster than build a new OS from scratch.

BUT, the past is the past and it is too late to worry about it now. At the end of the day, I can't imagine a Android-powered BlackBerry device selling any worst than the BlackBerry 10 devices so far have. And, I personally would love to have a Q10 like device that runs Android. All of the QWERTY android devices so far have been horrible.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    frankly1100 likes this.
    08-14-13 05:14 PM
    Big NO!!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-14-13 05:16 PM
    Not no, but f no.
    08-14-13 10:50 PM
    Not at all. Not interested in Android. But if BlackBerry licensed BB10 to Samsung, HTC, etc, I would be interested in that.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:54 PM
    No, no, no!!! Blackberry is perfect in its way! Noone should try to change it. Android phones are maybe good for people who love to play with their phones but for me a phone is something to call,write emails, text messages and check social media or news. I admire BlackBerry smartphones for their Qwerty keyboards and modesty.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:56 PM
    Depends on how BlackBerry customized and how well it worked.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    I agree. much of both qnx and android is nix based. just look at folder structures

if BlackBerry could have customized it to their secure level I would have been all for it

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-14-13 10:58 PM
    People buy blackberry coz of its awesome security features not coz of its hardware.... i will never buy blackberry if they start android I will switch to windows or iPhone...
    Nt to android

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    08-14-13 10:58 PM
    Never , I always loved the Bb10 concept..

BlackBerry Snow WhiteZ10 Flawless
    08-14-13 11:10 PM
    At first, I would have said no. Before launch I was pretty excited about BB10, but now, I think they probably would have been better off if they had just went Android.

BlackBerry could customize Android to look and work like BB10 currently does.

BB10 has the Hub, Gestures, and a great virtual keyboard. All of those things could easily be brought to Android via a BlackBerry skin.

The result would have been a BlackBerry device with all of the advantages consumers care about from BlackBerry 10 and a great ecosystem to back it up. Going Android would also have been cheaper and faster than build a new OS from scratch.

BUT, the past is the past and it is too late to worry about it now. At the end of the day, I can't imagine a Android-powered BlackBerry device selling any worst than the BlackBerry 10 devices so far have. And, I personally would love to have a Q10 like device that runs Android. All of the QWERTY android devices so far have been horrible.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    +1 (would love Android on my Q10!)

It's what I've been saying. BlackBerry could have easily forked Android just like Amazon did and made it their own. Probably in less time than it took to get BB10 to market, and for probably less money than buying QNX. I would've definitely bought one. But here's to hoping. I'm still rocking my Q but just for work, I've gone with an HTC One as my daily device. I'm hoping a miracle happens and BlackBerry doesn't have to sell the company, I'd rather they find a partner over an owner.
    09-06-13 01:59 AM
    Short answer: NO
    Long answer: HELL NO

Posted via CB10
    Jahcure, bradu1, robkd and 3 others like this.
    09-06-13 04:37 AM
    F*** sake NO!!!

Did get my Z10 because it is not Google Android, not apple iPratt either...
    But it is BlackBerry the best alternative to the wannabe iMadness and housewives mainstream trackme OS.
    Oh forgot M$.. well that's a nogo out of question anyway. "I would rather walk"

Posted via Z10
    09-06-13 04:49 AM
    I did also buy a BlackBerry because it's NOT android.
    Would hate to go to wp8 instead

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 05:00 AM
    Absolutely not.

Even if they were to fork a version of Android and fix the security flaws, what would they do once everyone moves on. Looking closer at the Kindle Fire example, 1st gen devices run Gingerbread (2.3), 2nd gen run ICS (4.0). The same situation affects the Android player to the dissatisfaction of many. Amazon does not appear to have done anything to improve the security of the underlying OS, only redirect the echo system to them, and they aren't rolling out each upgrade.

When Android was first announced I was impressed by the potential for security in the platform. Sadly it has not lived up to that potential. The biggest security threat to an Android user is the application echo system.

No, if the BlackBerry 10 system dies (a prediction that I hold in the same level of regard as the - so called - Mayan Apocalypse or the Christian Apocalypse for that matter) I would probably go to the next most secure system WP8.
    09-06-13 06:34 AM
    Heck No!!!!

Shai's Z10/Q10
    09-06-13 06:35 AM
    I would buy a blackberry phone made by Samsung

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 09:27 AM
87 1234