02-25-17 12:25 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    I would have answered "yes" until I spent a couple of weeks with this fantastic iPhone SE. There are some trade offs (my Q10 had better call quality and the Hub is unsurpassed and there's no LED on iPhone??) but the iPhone running iOS 10.2 runs like a dream. The VKB corrects all of my typos far better than I predicted it would, and having apps that work well is fantastic. Apple could learn a thing or two from BB10.2, but this is a fantastic device. I do miss the Hub and LED but will not be looking back, except nostalgically.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-18-17 12:48 PM
    Yes, I owned a q10. I still have my classic and Passport. Yes I will buy again if they release again. Nothing beats the accuracy that the pkb offers!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 01:38 PM
    YES
    Because the BB10 OS is as smooth as Silk. And because my Samsung Galaxy 6 gets irritating to use because like all Android's, it slows down the more you use it. A undeniable fact.
    BB10 runs very well and is highly intuitive. Z30 is great, they should have made a Z50. JC made a huge mistake. Of course he knows NOTHING about Hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-18-17 03:25 PM
    like all Android's, it slows down the more you use it. A undeniable fact.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect. A properly managed device will retain consistent performance.
    02-18-17 03:49 PM
    No way. The app situation is getting worse by the month and support for BB10 - to the contrary of what BlackBerry wants to make you believe in the media - virtually does not exist anymore. Best option would be going for BlackBerry android

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 09:22 AM
    Yes!

I use a Blackberry Passport SE and when the battery runs low, I switch to a three year-old Q10. However, due to its age, I plan to replace it with a Classic (I always wanted to re-live those trackpad days).

Unfortunately, that will be my last BB10 device as BB10's webkit is ageing and is causing a slow web browsing experience (some sites aren't even rendered properly as of recent). Also, third party YouTube apps like FastTube and SuperTube don't play many videos.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι¢т > 
    02-19-17 09:24 AM
    Just purchased a passport silver edition. Already have a z 30 and iPhone 6.using all.anyway want a double sim BlackBerry 10 device.am I asking heaven!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 11:34 AM
    As much as I like BB10... I can't see myself holding onto it. I have every intention of moving to the Mercury, the moment it is released.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 06:33 PM
    I would buy updated Q10 - 3/4 gigs of ram, modern processor.
    Why?
    - size
    - keyboard shortcuts
    - hub
    - mute key (I am on conference calls often)
    - quick to do certain tasks, mostly communication and work related.

Was hoping Mercury will be worth trying - no way for me, it's huge/tall.

Posted via CB10
    joaozx likes this.
    02-19-17 10:04 PM
    Yes I will be buying another passport as a spare device before I'm through. That will be my second spare.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 11:44 PM
    I would buy a Z50 in the price region around USD 700.

Never experienced any app gap, because I do most of the really important work on my desktop pc.
    In rare emergency cases, for example I have to order something quickly on Amazon, I always use the browser and don't need an app.
    Still enjoy about 50 apps on my Passport.

So far, the BB10 experience got better for me until now and I have no reason to go to any other platform.

I do know other people, who will probably leave BB10 when WhatsApp drops the support, because the Android version has problems with picture uploads.
    02-20-17 03:42 AM
    I would buy one if the price is right and if the specs are up to date. Really prefer the BlackBerry 10 as compared to Android, but the Android N features are catching up to BlackBerry 10 soon.
    02-20-17 07:31 AM
    Perhaps he's still using a device with Donut/Eclair/Froyo installed in it.
    02-20-17 07:56 AM
    The other day I installed an Android app on my PPSE that bogged down the OS to the point of freezing and continuously restarting. At that point I began to think " if I had to get a new phone, would it be BlackBerry and would it be a BB10 phone". The problem was and is, there's no other phone that does for me what a BB10 phone does. But luckily my phone's back to normal, because I probably would have started looking for a BlackBerry Classic, if push came to shove. Even though I'd be forced reconsider how cost effective that would be, given the limited lifespan of the OS.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    02-20-17 08:10 AM
    Daily drivers in use: Z10 plus Passport. Bullpen: two Z30s.

Not going anywhere for a while.
    02-20-17 08:13 AM
    To some degree the argument holds true, with so many manufacturers vying for your business an Android arms race has rumbled on. Where as iPhones typically show modest performance increases between models (models that are then supported for much longer by Apple and therefore by developers). This means there is little impetus other than self-respect for developers to focus on optimum efficiency of their apps because newer, faster hardware will be able to cope with their increasingly beefy, clunky apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 12:44 AM
    It would be all about the price, and only in case that my Q10 died. I wouldn't give more than $100 for a new one, even if it had the latest HW: OS10 is end-of-life product.
    But yes, say $70 for a brand new, factory unlocked Z30 would be a fair price and (probably) worth the money (if Fast Tube or Super Tube began working again flawlessly and continued so for next couple of years).

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    02-24-17 08:10 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:14 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    Just a curious question: do you currently own or use a Passport as your daily driver?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 08:21 PM
    Been back and forth with my Z10 and a Lumia 640 W10M phone for a year now (after having the Z10 for 2 years before that) and I still like the BB10 OS the best. (and I am the tech support for a bunch of folks, both with iOS and Android) . I am really sad of the Z10 battery (always been a problem, even more now that it's so old... ) and while W10M had some neat ideas, it still has the same problem everyone else mentions - APP GAP.

I really REALLY do not want to go android or iOS, not impressed with either, and definitely not from a security standpoint - but I do wish they'd release 5+ runtime on the BB10 platform - which would be the best of those 2 worlds... I'd buy a new passport in a heartbeat and be able to justify it to the accountant.

The W10M experience, at first, with a W8.2/10 tablet and phone were pretty good, to be honest, they interconnected well and you could do stuff across the platform, but MSFT broke that pretty well (bad) with some of their support changes, so now they are 2 stand alone units walking around instead of feeling integrated. THAT is the one big thing I do like about iOS.

I miss the LED notifications on the Z10 when I am using the W10 device - and the way it ends up needing a reset every few days is annoying on the W10 phone as well - just like the later Androids, there are a lot of memory eaters in there that eventually need a flush.

But, since everyone in the tech world seems to have scoffed at anything not android or ios, we're stuck moving "forward" to one of those 2 OSs. Again.

Ugh.
    02-25-17 12:25 PM
95 ... 234