<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
02-25-17 12:25 PM
95 1234
tools
    I think the question should have been put this way " would you buy another BB 10 phone if it was still fully supported and run time was updated as well. That's the meat and potatoes." Otherwise you are talking about a company that has walked away from its hardware division/software division as well. Software meaning OS.
    That really is a different question. I would buy another one even if they completely removed the run time for anything except the bundled apps that use it. I could live without ever downloading any Android app not pre-installed on the phone.

If I cared about Android, I'd just use an Android phone. Gosh knows with M and now N coming, Android is clearly very usable. It's just not what I want and need for my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 06:51 PM
    When you consider how things whpent down with what little app support blackberry received . The amazon thing was a fix, cobalt was a fix, snap was a fix.....but when you compare these fixes to native apps there is no comparison . Sure the android apps worked but they were battery hogs. The native apps in most cases ran flawlessly and cause very little battery drain. I haven't even mention the security while using native apps.

Heck what we have all gone though and some of us continue to go though just shows the passion that some of us have for Blackberry . Pure native app support for blackberry 10 and I wouldn't even be using a blackberry android device. I've always said that BB10 is the best OS that was ever made that never got app support
    02-10-17 09:55 PM
    I would totally buy another BB10 device, and I just did! I ordered a LEAP a couple days ago, I will run BB10 till all my devices die one by one! No room for crapdroid in my life lol

Posted via CB10
    You will love it!

Posted via CB Powered by Leap
    02-10-17 10:03 PM
    No, bad investment

Posted via CB10
    Well Well, I did buy one recently but only because I never had a BB10 device and I always wanted to see what the fuss is all about. It was worth the experience. The Classic is an amazing device too. But yes to sum it up its a bad investment if you don't know have a really strong reason for buying one. I'll consider mine strong xD.

If we're speaking new devices, if they release one tomorrow, then no I'm not buying. Already experienced what BB10 is all about. The good, the bad, the terrible app situation, the whole thing. My conclusion from the experience is that a BlackBerry similar to the Classic's size, with android, up to date specs and perks would be very much appreciated. Hopefully the merc can fill this gap
    02-11-17 02:48 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Thats a great question Adil.

Do i love using the Blackberry 10 software on a daily basis?
    YES
    Does it help me keep things organised?
    YES
    Does it help me quickly perform tasks that are just a swipe away?
    YES
    Does it have all the Apps i need?
    NO

Right now, personally, it would very hard for me to spend money on a BB10 device. ONLY because of one reason. Apps. Which results in FOMO haha ^_^
    There are always new games, exercise apps, Banking Apps or simply Apps that allow me to connect to my college's network to view my marks more easily and its only available on IOS and Android which won't run on my device (Android 4.4 and higher required). So if the Android runtime was updated to 5.0 then i would purchase another new (2017/2018) BB10 device in a heartbeat.

Ill definitely be keeping all my BB10 devices in working order since they are still lovely to use, but all my 'must have' Apps will be used on my PRIV.
    02-11-17 02:55 AM
    Yes, as long as its deign is not outsourced and fully controlled for security reasons.
    What options are there? Android? Windows? IoS?
    None of those are secure and use apps that data-mine you.

When your data goes to a US company, Trump can and will get it.

We live in a different world now than in 2013-2015.
    The decision to abandon BB10 for the sake of apps will be very costly for everyone who doesn't like to be monitored like a convict or dementia patient.

Posted via CB10
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    02-11-17 07:47 AM
    It is a great platform which is abandoned due to lack of app support, it is that much easy to use, I am really excited to pull the trigger on Dtek 50 but the awesome Z30 not letting me to do this, I am in defence about my next buy.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2205
    02-11-17 09:20 AM
    Bought white passport without any doubt!!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 08:23 PM
    It wouldn't have happened anyway. Apple is fine with letting devs make apps, but the Hub would have changed the way the OS itself worked in a number of ways, and Apple simply doesn't allow that to happen. They want every iOS user to have the same OS experience, period, and that means "no third-party OS changes."
    I don't think it would change the OS. On Android it doesn't look like it changes the OS at all. All accounts are added inside the app which checks for new content on its own. The Gmail app on iOS lets you add multiple e-mail accounts too. The only problem would be fetching recent calls and SMS and that might be the deal-breaker.
    02-12-17 05:49 AM
    As I feel that the Passport is the pinnacle device offered with BlackBerry 10, BlackBerry would have to release a better specced device for me to buy another device. Note this rules out a replacement device. If something happened to my current Passport, I would repair or replace it.

In addition to a better specced device, there are a few changes that I would like to see in BB10. The first would be a bump in the Android runtime. The second would be an official sanctioning of the Google Play Store. Sadly, these aren't going to happen.

Alternatively, a BlackBerry Android skin that more closely resembles BlackBerry 10 is more than sufficient. I am looking forward to the Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 08:05 AM
    Isn't the question more about whether you are OK with having an OS10 device as they are right now, rather than what changes should be made about OS10 devices, so that you would buy one right now?

So it's more over a question about your smartphone needs and whether existing OS10 devices can satisfy these needs.

For me it's a simple yes. I don't need too many applications on my phone. I will use OS10 for as long as I can use the browser and listen to spotify. Most of my other needs are pretty much covered with native apps, and therefore won't really age or become unusable (alarm clock, mail, texts, telephone, calendar, navigation, offi/fahrplan etc.).

So at least for as long as those basic need are covered, I'm good to go with a OS10 device.
    02-12-17 08:17 AM
    Monopoly-like situation of mobile OS is sad. It's overall lost of everything since when everyone decided to be "an iphone clone". You mostly only see "iphone clones" or "too cheaply made affordable keypad cellphones" as two extremes, very rarely something in between. I'm happy i witnessed era of early 2000s when you had so much. Not only monoblocks, but sliders, flippers, swivels, tacos... And if we speak OS. Where is customization? Not sure how Android, but you cant really change all those icons, type, colour profiles etc. on iOS or BB10, yeah? Funny considering how Nokia allowed you to paint your series 40 icons, at least.

iOS/Android world. With less presence of WinMobile (which is, i dunno, niche?) and now BB being much lesser niche. You can say it's good? I don't know. Same happens to internet as a whole. Instead of great fansites made with love and character you have soulless wikias which often are in state of unreadable garbage and half-ended pages. Instead of forums like this (with subforums, advanced search and other needed tools) more and more you see crap like vanillaforums which are more like reskinned blogs (with tags instead of subforums and laughable attempt of search that doesnt allow u anything).

As some people say here, #thereisnohope

But it's more like "there is no hope for our needs and tastes" which are damn dying more and more every year because "greater number of users" stick to either different ways if everything or just eat what they are given to eat.

Android is a virus. It has no quality. It's a toy for lol-hackers who demand every device to be able to root and hack and whatever. iOS, on the other hand, doesnt let you modify it, and decision that apple makes with that often may be disappointing up to the moment you just leave it for Android or else. Though for me iOS has its own niche which is caused by specific kind of apps that are presented there better than anywhere else (android, blackberry etc) - i mean electronic music making software. It's not apple's achievement, its just talented developers tend to publish best apps there usually, its just happened like that. LIKE what you say similar things about BlackBerry being heaven for business/enterprise.

I have ios7 tablet which i refuse to update to ios10 because some apps which i really use (like, really) are abandoned and wont live in ios10. (i may get 2nd tablet with modern ios for "modern apps" needs). I have android smartphone which i dont like, yep, which is more my personal preference. I have good old non-smart cellphone just for sms and texts for everyday. Win10 phone... no, thanks.

So why the hell i wanna go get BB10 device? The hell i know. Maybe i live in the past and wanna experience Blackberry as i never had it. Or because i dont see anything else currently in the market (well, i have a soft spot for Sony Xperia androids, but nah i dont wanna go there. So many things in android software wise made me disappointed).

p.s.
    sorry i dont make much sense
    02-13-17 12:59 PM
    If they update the Android runtime and have a updated version of FB and Instagram, then yes I would consider staying with BB10. But after June 30th, no more Whats app support. I use whatsapp for work so it's a bummer. I hate android and IOS but they have apps I need.
    02-13-17 06:15 PM
    If they update the Android runtime and have a updated version of FB and Instagram, then yes I would consider staying with BB10. But after June 30th, no more Whats app support. I use whatsapp for work so it's a bummer. I hate android and IOS but they have apps I need.
    Whatsapp: you can use the android version. Doesn't have the same level of hub integration and uploads don't work sometimes, but it's fast and it has push notifications. It should work on android 4.3 for a while, unless they'll purposely block bb's runtime, and I don't see a reason why they'd do that.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 06:22 PM
    Best v/pkb around. Best messaging platform around. I have tried the rest and have returned to the best.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-13-17 08:24 PM
    Yes I will buy BlackBerry 10 handsets purely for love for the BlackBerry and beautifully integrated os. Don't need what's app after June, it doesn't matter to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 10:27 PM
    No. Despite endearing affection toward my Z30, I'm fast approaching the threshold that will result in the purchase of an Android powered device.

I'm largely content with BB10. However, with BlackBerry's own stagnation, it is increasingly difficult for me to justify my loyalty. Eventually it will no longer manage my needs.

I'm not heavily dependent upon apps and am not at all into social networking. Still, there are times when I have intermittent need or desire to make use of an Android app. Previously, you almost always count on being able to either run the app directly, patched, or utilize some work-around . That is no longer the reality.
    02-13-17 11:21 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 01:40 PM
    No, I already bought the best ones. I would've bought the Priv back then if it were running BlackBerry 10, but I'm glad it ran Android. I never would've known the beast that is the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 02:31 PM
    Nope, I work too hard to throw money away on a washed up, EoL product.
    02-14-17 05:08 PM
    I'd buy one again for the swiping gestures and customizable LED notifications

From my Awesome Z10
    02-15-17 11:59 AM
    Nope, I work too hard to throw money away on a washed up, EoL product.
    Are you John Chen?

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-15-17 01:01 PM
    I just bought a used black "Passport OG". Got it for a good price in excellent condition and couldn't resist. I have a "Passport SE" since June 2016 and I really like it. I have to admit that the Passport is only complementary to my iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Donar76; 02-16-17 at 07:22 AM.
    02-15-17 06:36 PM
    Unfortunately no. The support is lacking.
    My sentiments exactly. If Support was still there and updates were meaningful I'd still be on my z30
    02-15-17 07:19 PM
    Z30. Loving it. :*

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 11:59 AM
95 1234