Yes ! As a collectors item and that is it.
    That's why I still get them.
    Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    02-09-17 09:03 PM
    Yes I would I liked the OS since I bought my Z30 in 2014.

Bold 9900 > Z30
    02-09-17 09:04 PM
    For about the last 3 years all we heard was how dead BB10 was and how glad you all were to move on.
    Now that the new BB Androids that you couldn't wait to get your greedy little hand on are a reality
    there's nothing but threads about BB10 cluttering this place with questions about What if this and what if that.

I want to know what seems to be so lacking in your lives that you'd even bother to give us useless opinions..on an OS that once was but will never be again when you could get a head start on everyone else and tell us your useless opinions about why you hate the Mercury.
    Don't worry that you don't hate it, now. You will.
    The undeniable proof can be found right here in the CB archives and we're not talking about a mere timeline, but the exact moment that you were loving that new something and good riddance to the line green colored device and the exact time that threads started popping up with questions like.. What shade of the lime green device would you choose if the lime green had offered you a shade to choose from."

Oh, sorry and off topic.... KNowing how busy your days are and with so much to forget, I want to remind everyone...
    THERE IS NO HOPE !
    02-09-17 11:19 PM
    no....have a z30 that i haven't looked at in two years and never will again. no app support is a no-go
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-17 05:25 AM
    Nope,

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-10-17 07:15 AM
    Nope. This OS is dead and the workarounds are infuriating to do for apps I need for work.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 07:42 AM
    Nope. Unfinished product, EoL, lots of hardware problems, no apps and there are cheaper alternatives that have more capabilities.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-17 08:41 AM
    Absolutely not worst phone decision I ever made to buy this leap . I still am not used to it' after 2 years.

BlackBerry Leap.
    02-10-17 08:44 AM
    Nope. This OS is dead and the workarounds are infuriating to do for apps I need for work.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree that it seems very awkward and inefficient to deal with a bunch of continuous workarounds in order to keep BB10. That's the point at which I would draw the line and simply migrate to Android, which is becoming more and more usable with every release and obviously includes the apps that most users want.

For me, I am still 100% satisfied with BB10 running 100% stock with only carrier OTA updates and only native apps installed. I use about 20 functions on my phone daily, all of which are native to BB10, and I wouldn't place any value on having a larger ecosystem of mobile apps available for my phone.

But, if I needed a wider range of third-party apps, I don't think I'd hesitate to migrate to Android. (I've never enjoyed the iOS experience, so that's a non-starter for me.)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 08:57 AM
    No.... platform doesn't deliver the experience I wanted four year ago, and it's only gotten worse since then.

I'm not a huge app users, but I do go to Disney World... which requires an app that doesn't work - even with patching on BB10. For my job I need an engineering calculator that also only works on Android 5.0 at this point. Been to a couple of conferences that had conference specific apps.... just no time to try and patch those while at the conference. Most restaurants today have rewards programs... trying getting your free coffee from Starbuck's with a BB10 device these days.

Can you get along without all that stuff... sure you can do what I had to do, let your wife use her iPhone to take care of some of those things. Or have a 2nd phone or a tablet....
    02-10-17 09:02 AM
    Most of the "No" people seem to be caused by the platform neglect. I would imagine that if a new device was released they would be back developing the OS again. Possibly improvements to ART or more in house apps would go along with that. I would buy a device running the current version no problem but I completely understand why others wouldn't.
    02-10-17 09:06 AM
    ... trying getting your free coffee from Starbuck's with a BB10 device these days.
    I completely agree with your argument for people who want to use mobile apps for all that stuff. I would never bother with all the workarounds to use those apps on my BB10 phone.

But, it's also worth mentioning that it's still easy and enjoyable to experience life without many of those apps. Disney provides a magnetic card and kiosks everywhere that make it very easy to enjoy the park without ever pulling out one's phone, and I still use my physical gold card at Starbucks which gives me the same benefits as the App.

There's nothing wrong with embracing the app experience as a consumer, but some of us don't find it more convenient or enjoyable to use our phones so much during our leisure time. One of the things I enjoy about leisure time is that I can take a break from technology and from being in constant communication with the rest of the world.

On the work front, I agree 100% that one should use whatever tools are best to do the job and product affection or loyalty should have no bearing.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 09:22 AM
    Yes.
    Because BB10 still suits me well.
    Since 2010 I carry two phones almost every day. 2nd phones are Android, they are OK in backup role, but BB device is always the main one..
    Last edited by dmlis; 02-10-17 at 10:04 AM.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-10-17 09:24 AM
    No more BB10 for me. Devices have been and will always be brilliant devices. I have the SE and am happy with what it offers and does. However as with all things you like to see things evolve. Become better and push the ability to get things done. Improve the build as designs are modified, etc etc. when things stay the same they die , Services become degraded and you lose track of what technology brings to the table even in 6 months. BB10 could have thrived and we will never know how good it could have become, because of many things but mainly because people forgot about it or didn't even know about it. You can make something that is absolutely top notch but if no one cares anymore you cannot get them to back you and support what you have created. BB10 died at 2 years old. If IOS or Android stopped developing at 2 would anyone think they were anything special with what you know now? The only way it could have survived was for development to have continued to now, expanded all the security, find the way to get users, beyond the faithful, to give it a try and have a full roadmap of BB future developments. Full integration of BB 10 in cars, tablets, wearables, make the phones become an extension and assistant of who you are and want to be, rather than just an entertainment device that does a few business activities and takes some nice photos. Make it learn about you and help you get where you want to be. I suppose lack of vision killed it. I personally want a device that is an assistant to me, business, personal and future life.
    02-10-17 09:28 AM
    First let me say I know it will never happen. Ok got that out of the way. While I still use & love my Passport I also have an iphone7 and I've found that IOS 10 wasn't totally alien to me (as windows 10 was), I was also amazed that BB10 was (in my opinion) smoother than IOS10 (again in my opinion) What I'd love is BB10 merged into an iphone with IOS10 I think it would give me the best of both worlds (no I'm not talking about games)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 09:47 AM
    First let me say I know it will never happen. Ok got that out of the way. While I still use & love my Passport I also have an iphone7 and I've found that IOS 10 wasn't totally alien to me (as windows 10 was), I was also amazed that BB10 was (in my opinion) smoother than IOS10 (again in my opinion) What I'd love is BB10 merged into an iphone with IOS10 I think it would give me the best of both worlds (no I'm not talking about games)

Posted via CB10
    I would love to see the Hub on IOS. But since BB is stamping its name on android phones now (of which the hub is an integral feature), it'll likely never happen.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-10-17 10:11 AM
    I would love to see the Hub on IOS. But since BB is stamping its name on android phones now (of which the hub is an integral feature), it'll likely never happen.
    It wouldn't have happened anyway. Apple is fine with letting devs make apps, but the Hub would have changed the way the OS itself worked in a number of ways, and Apple simply doesn't allow that to happen. They want every iOS user to have the same OS experience, period, and that means "no third-party OS changes."
    02-10-17 12:25 PM
    It depends on what you want from your phone...
    I don't use Facebook much... what I need the most are emails...
    I've used Classic but a week ago I switched to Passport SE... I would buy only SE passport... it's fast even for android app.. what I will miss the most is Whatsapp and I'm already missing some good GPS navigation...
    But still BlackBerry 10 is the winner! Ive never had any device with such a great OS optimization! Keyboard on passport SE is the best!!!

... I'm very sad that I've discovered BlackBerry devices just a year ago... and very angry that BlackBerry is leaving such a great OS behind...

I just love BB 10 and I love to be different so I will stay with BlackBerry OS10

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 02:23 PM
    It wouldn't have happened anyway. Apple is fine with letting devs make apps, but the Hub would have changed the way the OS itself worked in a number of ways, and Apple simply doesn't allow that to happen. They want every iOS user to have the same OS experience, period, and that means "no third-party OS changes."
    Hmph that's true I guess... especially considering how long it took them to allow something as commonplace as third party keyboards.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    02-10-17 02:53 PM
    Absolutely yes since One and half year i discover backberry 10 i have buy 4 blackberry device two q10 One classic One passport silver for me and m'y wife and children. And One Bold 9900 and Torch 9810 for collector. No realy need android apps. I use web mobile. Really good smartphone and os. But no marketing

lolo69 #welove&wheshare
    02-10-17 02:58 PM
    Sadly I agree with you, just wishful thinking on my part
    02-10-17 03:59 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I think the question should have been put this way " would you buy another BB 10 phone if it was still fully supported and run time was updated as well. That's the meat and potatoes." Otherwise you are talking about a company that has walked away from its hardware division/software division as well. Software meaning OS.
    02-10-17 04:10 PM
    I think the question should have been put this way " would you buy another BB 10 phone if it was still fully supported and run time was updated as well. That's the meat and potatoes." Otherwise you are talking about a company that has walked away from its hardware division/software division as well. Software meaning OS.
    In that case, yes.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-17 05:37 PM
    After using the Android OS for the last 7-8 years, I have become tired of the clutter. For me, it is nothing more than organized chaos.

I recently purchased a Q10... just to remind myself of how much I enjoyed the simplicity and quality of BlackBerry. After becoming acquainted with BB10... I am not at all excited about my future options.
    02-10-17 06:00 PM
    That's almost a totally different question, but yes I would
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-10-17 06:04 PM
95 1234