We still make calls on our BlackBerry devices but these do so much more.
    It can get annoying to be working on something and have an incoming call just take the whole screen over.

Is that really necessary?
    We have quick previews now for messages, wouldn't it be nice to have the same notification for calls?
    The phone already rings so we know a call is coming in. This is especially a problem while driving and using navigation.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:45 AM
    I believe you can disable the call priority.
    10-24-14 08:59 AM
    Really? How?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:10 AM
    Yes, tell me how. I know this is the normal way all phones do it, but it doesn't help at all. I know when my phone is ringing. It doesn't take a million pixels to get my attention.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:29 AM
    Call priority is not what the op is talking about.

Call priority is for phone with multiple numbers attached to it

There is currently no way to change the phone app from taking up the whole screen or to get it from popping up when you receive or end a call.

Certainly, agree it is dangerous when I have to take a call while using navigation.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 10-24-14 at 10:41 AM.
    10-24-14 09:58 AM
    A single dismiss call gesture gets rid of the call.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:12 AM
    When I'm ignoring a phone call I would rather it ring through than be cut short to Vmail.

That said I would love to see a the ability to dismiss the incoming call screen or even minimize it

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    10-24-14 10:15 AM
    A single dismiss call gesture gets rid of the call.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but I don't want to ignore the call. I rarely ignore calls.
    I want to answer and be able to continue with what I am doing.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 10:30 PM
    I should note that this is simply a conventional way that all phones do. BlackBerry needs to be looking for ways to be better than conventional.

Posted via CB10
    artie likes this.
    10-24-14 10:31 PM
    A less intrusive app would be amazing!! I want CONTROL of my phone. The existing call app takes away my control.

I keep my phone turned upside down always because of it. I would prefer it to notify me that I have an incoming call and then I could press a button to see who is calling, and if I wanted to continue to use my phone while the call rings in the background I should be able to do this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-14 01:33 AM
    Jesus, answers the call, switch to the speaker, minimize the xall ap. And work away.... simples

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    artie likes this.
    10-25-14 04:09 AM
    Jesus, answers the call, switch to the speaker, minimize the xall ap. And work away.... simples

Yeah try and do that while you're driving and using the navigation app.

If anything certain core apps should take priority over the call app.
    10-25-14 09:11 AM
    This is phone you're talking about.... this is the main function of the device... if this is a problem, get yourself a standalone nav system and there will be no complains about phone ringing, loosing network, battery issues.... seriously...

10-25-14 09:30 AM
    Call app is the most core app of them all...

10-25-14 09:31 AM
    Yeah try and do that while you're driving and using the navigation app.

If anything certain core apps should take priority over the call app.
    If you're driving, the last thing you should be doing is playing with your phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:52 AM
    This is phone you're talking about.... this is the main function of the device... if this is a problem, get yourself a standalone nav system and there will be no complains about phone ringing, loosing network, battery issues.... seriously...

Finally, someone with more than two brain cells to rub together. You're a rare breed my friend.

Posted via CB10
    sajko11 likes this.
    10-25-14 11:54 AM
    Why thank you very much sir. I merely thought it's just common sense...

artie likes this.
    10-25-14 12:12 PM
    Actually that is why I keep a standalone GPS.
    However, if you shouldn't be playing with your phone while driving, why should you not be able to use it for navigation?
    If you have a blue tooth setup in your car, there should be no issues answering a call.

But I have tried phone based navigation. It's just not as good at this point.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:16 PM

No it's not. Not for everyone. I actually use mine as a phone so much that I want to get a classic. But for many email and text and other things are primary.

These are BlackBerry devices. The phone is one of many things it does.
    The user should have control over what is primary for him.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:19 PM
    Then buy a tablet. Key word is PHONE. Phone app or functionality will always be priority. Don't try to reinvent a wheel...

10-25-14 12:40 PM
    Then buy a tablet. Key word is PHONE. Phone app or functionality will always be priority. Don't try to reinvent a wheel...

Actually it is a Smartphone. I use it first for the smarts and secondly for the phone function! Hopefully it would be smart enough to allow enough control over its call functions! Everyone is entitled to want to use the device how they please. There are more than enough people who aren't happy with the call function as is. Nothing wrong in asking for changes to support both camps! Being rigid and not changing to customer preferences is one of the main reasons for decline of BlackBerry! If you don't like it "Then buy a tablet". Same attitude that got BlackBerry in trouble.
    10-25-14 01:48 PM
    BlackBerry is in trouble? You sound like a sale assistant from a carrier shop...

10-25-14 02:05 PM

You're living in a very antiquated world if you think the main function of a blackberry is to make and receive phone calls.

The whole reason smart phones and blackberry's in general are so popular is because they do so much more. Phone calls are less and less important in most businesses. I do almost all my interactions electronically.

10-25-14 02:58 PM

Not for me. If my phones call all stopped working it wouldn't be a big deal. If email stopped working I would need a new phone asap.

10-25-14 02:59 PM
    For me, my phone app is very important which is all the more reason that the phone app is intrusive.

Saying it's primarily a phone therefore a phone can just take over the entire device is ridiculous.

What if emails took over the whole screen automatically? How about Tweets? BBMs?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:45 PM
35 12