Title says it all. BlackBerry, if you care about your users on BB10, please fix the browser.
    Pressing hyperlinks doesn't always trigger a tap. Long pressing hyperlinks doesn't always open the options menu, or it opens it for the previous hyperlink I selected.
    If too many tabs are open, the browser can go unresponsive. Pressing the tabs menu will make the left part of the browser go black, and I can't switch tabs.
    The ryanair website is unusable. The airbnb website is unusable.
    Scrolling down webpages is not smooth at all.
    Some websites won't open because they use certificates which are not recognised by BlackBerry or something. It's all very well being super secure, but sometimes I NEED to access that specific page. Browsers on iOS have no problem with that page. Browsers on Android have no problem with that page.
    The list goes on and on. It was a great browser on 10.2, it's a terrible one on 10.3.

We don't have a lot of apps. I've accepted that. I thought I could do most of the things I need to do via the browser. It's not the case though! A more capable browser would allow me to keep this device a good 2 years longer.

Please... just one request... make the browser decent again. I want to hang on to my Passport for as long as possible but at this rate, I just can't.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ChrisLeNeve; 07-20-17 at 01:40 PM.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-20-17 12:55 PM
    You are not tied to the default Browser. In fact, I recommend Browsie Browser.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

It's $3. There are other free alternatives too that were pretty good.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-20-17 01:25 PM
    Maybe it'll be fixed once 10.3.4 is out.
    The big question... When?
    07-20-17 01:32 PM
    Title says it all. BlackBerry, if you care about your users on BB10, please fix the browser.
    I guess we can all stop reading right here.
    07-20-17 01:37 PM
    I guess we can all stop reading right here.
    I know. Wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 01:38 PM
    You are not tied to the default Browser. In fact, I recommend Browsie Browser.
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

It's $3. There are other free alternatives too that were pretty good.
    No offense to the developers, but they are no where near as capable, smooth, or fast as the current native browser as it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 01:39 PM
    I hear what you're saying Chris. I just don't think we're going to get any more updates/fixes for our BB10 devices. Sure, I hope BB will surprise us, but as of today, it doesn't look like it. :-(

On the other hand, Browsie was updated with new features even just only back in April, 2017.

Version: 2.0.5.5
    Released: Apr 26th, 2017
    nealjane likes this.
    07-20-17 01:41 PM
    Follow this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=937818

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    07-20-17 04:13 PM
    Follow this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=937818

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    There's a reason why it's called the "OS Memorial" thread.

At least there's still some sort of activity for 10.3.3. So... hope springs eternal, then.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-20-17 10:06 PM
    Pressing hyperlinks doesn't always trigger a tap. Long pressing hyperlinks doesn't always open the options menu, or it opens it for the previous hyperlink I selected.
    If too many tabs are open, the browser can go unresponsive. Pressing the tabs menu will make the left part of the browser go black, and I can't switch tabs.
    Some websites won't open because they use certificates which are not recognised by BlackBerry or something. It's all very well being super secure, but sometimes I NEED to access that specific page. Browsers on iOS have no problem with that page. Browsers on Android have no problem with that page.
    The list goes on and on. It was a great browser on 10.2, it's a terrible one on 10.3.

We don't have a lot of apps. I've accepted that. I thought I could do most of the things I need to do via the browser. It's not the case though! A more capable browser would allow me to keep this device a good 2 years longer.

Please... just one request... make the browser decent again. I want to hang on to my Passport for as long as possible but at this rate, I just can't.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1109465

This thread should throw some light on the certificate issue. You're perfectly capable of resolving that.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 07:27 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1109465

This thread should throw some light on the certificate issue. You're perfectly capable of resolving that.

Posted via CB10
    1- that is only for one type of certificates
    2- I shouldn't need to configure my browser to be able to use it.

Still, I'm sure this will help to some extent - thanks!

9800 - 9900 - Playbook - Q10 - Z10 - Passport
    07-21-17 07:41 AM
    1- that is only for one type of certificates
    2- I shouldn't need to configure my browser to be able to use it.

Still, I'm sure this will help to some extent - thanks!

1. The method applies to all certificate authorities you wish to trust, I've added four that are supported on BlackBerry 10.3.3 (I'm still on 10.3.2) and do not encounter issues regularly anymore.
    2. Unfortunately we're on an OS with minimal support so if you don't help yourself your stuck with the issues.

You're welcome, I find waiting for a page to fully load before interacting with it helpful for stability. I never get to a position where the tab number causes an issue because the browser has usually lost my session before then.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 07:51 AM
    Some of the same limitations can be found in other browsers since some aspects of these apps rely on the structure of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 07-21-17 at 08:30 AM.
    07-21-17 08:10 AM
    It'll never be fixed. There's no one working on it and there hasn't been for a while now, hence the shape it is in.
    07-21-17 01:02 PM
    It'll never be fixed. There's no one working on it and there hasn't been for a while now, hence the shape it is in.
    Awww nuts. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait patiently for other features like Hypervisor and Lithuanian language support.
    07-21-17 01:29 PM
    BlackBerry has virtually killed BB10 and is in a droid fest.

***Posted via a BB Passport***
    07-21-17 01:29 PM
    Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait patiently for other features like Hypervisor and Lithuanian language support.
    Coming soon™
    skrble likes this.
    07-21-17 02:08 PM
    See, I thought this before but how can 10.3.3 be on its way with new features if they have no developers at all behind it? They've got to have a few left that can fix some stuff up.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 03:13 PM
    See, I thought this before but how can 10.3.3 be on its way with new features if they have no developers at all behind it? They've got to have a few left that can fix some stuff up.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 is here and the new features in the BB10 browser, what little there is, are nothing but left overs that were already in the line for over a year. (Remember, 10.3.3 was delayed forever) And you've gone from talking about the browser to the whole OS, I'm talking about the browser strictly. The leaders are gone, there have been no upstream improvements to the browser in forever and it is increasingly falling behind in standards and will continue to do so.
    greenjoe likes this.
    07-21-17 03:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Exactly why I shucked my z30. Had the browser kept working I'd have probably continued to use it for the past year
    07-21-17 03:23 PM
    Hanging on longer than is probably healthy, and hoping for killer Black Friday deal.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    07-21-17 03:45 PM
    I'm confused. My browser seems to be okay.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-21-17 04:42 PM
    While the native browser is far from perfect, it's generally usable for me. Could it be because I didn't fall for the 10.3.3 update? Can't tell for sure, but I'm just glad my browser still works smoothly.
    07-21-17 09:41 PM
    I'm confused. My browser seems to be okay.

Posted via CB10
    What OS version are you on? Do you use it intensively or just the occasional light browsing?

07-22-17 12:33 AM
    While the native browser is far from perfect, it's generally usable for me. Could it be because I didn't fall for the 10.3.3 update? Can't tell for sure, but I'm just glad my browser still works smoothly.
    I'm on 10.3.2 as well. Don't know what 3.3 is like

07-22-17 12:34 AM
42 12